Author Topic: Magical Chase FS FAQ  (Read 866 times)

vestcoat

Magical Chase FS FAQ
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »
1) Post each and every Magical Chase sale anywhere in the world on PCEFX.
2) Ridicule gouging starting price/reserve. Post multiple pages of speculation on ending price.
3) Perpetually underestimate desperate collector inflation. Express shock. Declare ending price "OMG INSANE."
4) Voice disappointment and deep, spiritual need to own Magical Chase. Post WTB "LOL" sob story in the hope that lurking sellers will rank cyber friendship and forum contributions higher than an extra $2k.

MotherGunner

Re: Magical Chase FS FAQ
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:33:15 AM »
Screenshots and as much written info as possible please as sale transactions disappear for the 5 MC's that keep changing owners.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:39:13 AM »
  |    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
You forgot to mention the selling of ones sole in order to get a copy.

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »
You forgot to mention the selling of ones sole in order to get a copy.

I'd gladly sell my shoes for a copy of Magical Chase.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
2) Ridicule gouging starting price/reserve. Post multiple pages of speculation on ending price.
3) Perpetually underestimate desperate collector inflation. Express shock. Declare ending price "OMG INSANE."
4) Voice disappointment and deep, spiritual need to own Magical Chase. Post WTB "LOL" sob story in the hope that lurking sellers will rank cyber friendship and forum contributions higher than an extra $2k.

5) After obtaining multiple copies at a fraction of "fair market value", flip them on eBay by hyping the crap out of their collectibilty/R@REness to inflate prices and repeat cycle indefinitely.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Otaking

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »

5) buy the superior NTSC-J PC engine version, play the game, be happy.

MotherGunner

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »
The only two people I know who sold their soul are (supposedly) wmac and that idiot with a forgettable name who bought his from Thibaut and flaunted it.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
I wonder how many dedicated MC threads there actually are on here. I'm guessing at least 15
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

turboswimbz

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:17:29 AM »
I wonder how many dedicated MC threads there actually are on here. I'm guessing at least 15

Shit one of them is even about GAMEPLAY!

Also you all made me LOL.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 03:09:58 AM »
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku link=topic=15410.msg314446#msg3144465
buy the superior NTSC-J PC engine version, play the game, be happy.

Just curious, is there a reason besides current prices to explain how and why exactly you consider the PC engine version to be superior? The level 1 graphics and some of the sprites being changed?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:11:44 AM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

jperryss

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 03:19:20 AM »
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku link=topic=15410.msg314446#msg3144465
buy the superior NTSC-J PC engine version, play the game, be happy.

Just curious, is there a reason besides current prices to explain how and why exactly you consider the PC engine version to be superior? The level 1 graphics and some of the sprites being changed?

There's nothing superior about it, it's nearly identical to the US version except for the level 1 graphics and sprite changes, but it's the obvious choice for anyone that doesn't want to spend $2000 on a video game.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »

There's nothing superior about it, it's nearly identical to the US version except for the level 1 graphics and sprite changes, but it's the obvious choice for anyone that doesn't want to spend $2000 on a video game.

I agree completely. I was just curious why he used the term superior. I like the English text and sprite/background changes and actually consider the US one superior if we're just talking about the actual game itself and not what it goes for.
--DragonmasterDan

Otaking

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 04:49:50 AM »

I agree completely. I was just curious why he used the term superior. I like the English text and sprite/background changes and actually consider the US one superior if we're just talking about the actual game itself and not what it goes for.

I agree the differences are small but I prefer the original graphics in the PC Engine version, so to my tastes it's the superior version.

pcengin4eva

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »
How many copies of Magical Chase US do exist ?