Author Topic: A short 'indie' film  (Read 449 times)

Bonknuts

A short 'indie' film
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »
Here's a short film my friends and I made (indie company).

The torrent is about 540+ megs and contains the VIDEO_TS folder so you can burn the DVD or just watch it with your computer.

Although the chances are extremely slim, you might have seen it in Europe as some of the actors are form Europe and have distributed amongst friends and family ( a few film festivals too, I think) and was subtitled in French and I think Italian, but unfortunately this version isn't.

Syndicate: Zeed   ... :wink:

(I'll seed it for week)

Bonknuts

Re: A short 'indie' film
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »
update: Changed to Azureus. Ok, hopefully I'm seeding now (my first time)

Keranu

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »
What's it about? I'll try to download it some time, would love check it out regardless!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Bonknuts

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »
It's based on the Jack of Bullets script/lore we've written. This is the second short in the story. The setting is an alternate reality(similiar to how Romeo & Juliet movie was set in current times) - law enforcement is pretty much null in this fantasy world and two characters are at the top of the controlling/opposing factions - Jack and Zeed. These two short films were an experiment in costum designs, characters designs, and stylistic enviroments.

A little bit of the back story:

Both Jack and Zeed are legendary characters in this world and yet only a few actually know what they look like. Deals are setup between the two organizations and are handle by randomly chosen low ranking thugs as ambassadors from each side for whatever the transaction maybe. This relationship contradicting because the both side are at war with each other for controlling power of the city.

This short was filmed in two days time in L.A. Because of this, a number of takes were sacrificed for time and the result in a bit of confusion from certain scenes.

The only semi famous actor is Max Loong who play Zeed. He was a video DJ for MTV Europe. There is the actress, who famous line is "Fauck, eets a set-uap!", who supposedly was in the lead position for Miss Sweden, but was disqualified on some technicalitiy.

:D

Keranu

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »
That sounds great, I'll have to download it.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Bonknuts

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:15:22 PM »
Hey Keranu - if you get a chance to watch it, let me know what you think.

a few pics...

GUTS

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:37:49 PM »
Holy shit that girl is hot, that must have been "miss sweden".

Bonknuts

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »
yeah... you meant her right?

Keranu

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 02:00:08 PM »
I'll try to download it soon, Bonknuts/Tomaithous; I just need to delete some crap off my hard drive because it's pretty full :D . Those screenshots totally look awesome though and yes Miss Sweden is very nice!

esteban

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »
Miss Sweden is nice and all, but so are those squibs! Nice, thick bloody splatters. Good job! :)
  |    | 

Bonknuts

A short 'indie' film
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
but so are those squibs!

Ooh!! A fellow filmmaker/filmophile? It was Mike Peterson who told us how to make them homemade style - years ago :lol: