Author Topic: PC Engine GT / TurboGrafx Express repair request.  (Read 175 times)

Solvalou

PC Engine GT / TurboGrafx Express repair request.
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:41:56 AM »
Sorry i've been off the radar a little since saying hello. I have been lerking here from time to time however but now due to recently receiving a PCE/TG16 Everdrive, i'm VERY eager indeed to try it out but my PC Engine GT is very sick indeed. She does power on and has a little volume but the screen is appalling and I am certain atleast 90% - 100% of the problem(s) are to do with the caps. At the very least it would be a good place to start.

Now I could attempt it myself even with the lovely tutorials here but I just don't have that skill level (I just about get by making battery cell replacements for my old computers!), let alone a worthwhile soldering iron. I am also aware a member here shew me an eBay sale of someone that does re-capping for £15.00 GBP and although that is pretty good value, I have no idea of the quality of his (or indeed her) work along with the quality of capacitors being used.

So with this in mind, I'd much rather let the wizards here look at it as some of you guys will almost certainly know these more obscure "handhelds" like the backs of your flux stained hands! If it means sending it overseas than so be it, I don't mind forking out a little more knowing im getting a quality service. :)

So here's a rundown of the problems:

[ul][li]Screen needs tilting at big angles to just about see.
[/li][li]The screen contrast is washed out somewhat.
[ul][li]Low sound volume.[/li][/ul]
If anyone here is happy to look at it than please do let me know posting here or giving me a PM. As I said I am more than happy to pay for the service too. Either in legal tender or some loose PC Engine games I have laying about (or even both!). :)

Many thanks in advance.

P.s. I will say I accept the risks involved too.[/li][/ul]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:53:19 AM by Solvalou »

cam

Re: PC Engine GT / TurboGrafx Express repair request.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
You should fix this problem following this tutorial (in french) :

http://blog.home108.com

Best regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://blog.home108.com

fagin

Re: PC Engine GT / TurboGrafx Express repair request.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
I've dealt with that sellar as he supplied me a full cap kit.  Service is perfect and quick.  For £15 I'd use him for the full repair.  I wouldn't be bothering again for the sake of £15 all in.  It's a no brainer tbh.