Author Topic: Considering collecting for the TG-16, could use some advice...  (Read 2250 times)

Orrimarrko

Re: Considering collecting for the TG-16, could use some advice...
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 03:57:18 AM »
THIS IS VISTAR !!!!!!!!

Oh, it's a system!  Sorry, thought it might be a game.

Otaking

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 04:15:00 AM »
What's a Vistar (and why is that a big deal?)

Orrimarrko

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »
Hey Guys,

So, I've finally bit the bullet and bought a PC-Engine DUO-R, modded for US Turbo HuCards and RGB,  by Doujindance.

I had to start somewhere, and I've seen some positive reviews.  If there is someone out there better, who is doing the same mods, let me know (please.)

Once it arrives, I'll want to have a couple of games ready to play.

If possible, I'd love to hear from some folks what games are considered 'must haves' to play.  Nothing too expensive, mind you, just games that are generally considered fun to play.

Which brings me to my next couple of questions:

1.  What constitutes a complete PC Engine game?  Did they come with cardboard boxes, or just the 'jewel-type' case, and an obi strip?

2.  For US games, I'm looking for complete and minty - anyone have a seller or reputable dealer to suggest that won't overcharge?

3.  What PC engine games would be great to start out with (card or CD)?  Since I posted this last year, I've done a bunch of homework on the US stuff, but not as much on the Japanese releases.

Thanks!

I hope you're all having a great holiday season.

Cheers,
Orri~

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 06:40:45 AM »
good choice on the  duo r. I own one and I personally love it.

a compmete pc engine game came in jewel cases. no cardboards

for u.s. games, going the complete in case route is much cheaper. for complete with box, someone on the market was selling sealed tg games

I would check out the bomberman games, the soldier shmup games, and bonk games. there are a lot of great shoot em up games you can find for cheap as well

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2014, 07:09:25 AM »
Like cube said, PCE games came in plain jewel cases..... for the most part.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, however, like those that came in boxes bundled with other goodies (Forgotten Worlds with a Ave3 pad, 3x3 Eyes with a short VHS tape, Pachiokun whatever with the pachinko controller, etc.), games that came in magazines/booklets (Motteke Tamago, Seiya Monogatari mook, etc.), or Idol Hanafuda Fan Club and its weird plastic clamshell (similar to a big PC-FX case).

As for game suggestions, there's a plethora of 'best of' and 'top ten' threads that you can wade through to find games in particular genre's that interest you.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Orrimarrko

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 04:31:03 AM »
Thanks guys.  Good info so far.

What about a good dealer of complete/minty US games - anyone have someone they suggest/recommend?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Steve

cjameslv

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »

What about a good dealer of complete/minty US games - anyone have someone they suggest/recommend?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Steve

Plenty on Ebay these days. One seller, Dr.OrangeJuicer, has a thread in the sales forum undercutting ebay prices.

Ya this guy. We busted his bawls and he still stayed. He lowered his prices some more and we busted his bawls some more...he still stayed. So guess he's a good source lol.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2014, 05:31:35 AM »

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Steve

I say start your collection off with a bang and go for broke!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-TG16-COMPLETE-CIB-MINT-HOLY-GRAIL-NTSC-U-/311012474307?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4869c9bdc3

But on the real, good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers!!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Orrimarrko

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 04:48:46 AM »

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Steve

I say start your collection off with a bang and go for broke!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-TG16-COMPLETE-CIB-MINT-HOLY-GRAIL-NTSC-U-/311012474307?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4869c9bdc3

But on the real, good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers!!

LOL - just a bit overpriced...but I like your way of thinking!  Start with the hardest, and everything else is cheaper going forward. ;)

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2014, 07:29:12 AM »
dr.orange juicer is a good source. he will work with you and items come in fast.

Bernie

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »
Like cube said, PCE games came in plain jewel cases..... for the most part.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, however, like those that came in boxes bundled with other goodies (Forgotten Worlds with a Ave3 pad, 3x3 Eyes with a short VHS tape, Pachiokun whatever with the pachinko controller, etc.), games that came in magazines/booklets (Motteke Tamago, Seiya Monogatari mook, etc.), or Idol Hanafuda Fan Club and its weird plastic clamshell (similar to a big PC-FX case).

As for game suggestions, there's a plethora of 'best of' and 'top ten' threads that you can wade through to find games in particular genre's that interest you.

I've never seen this elusive 3x3 Eyes VHS you speak of.... 

MrFulci

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »
There are 3x3 eyes tapes out there. I used... Gudeu and Joloria? (I think) tape to help me out a bit, in that game, though not 3x3 related.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 02:20:09 AM »

Heh, it's much teh rarez.  :mrgreen:

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »

Heh, it's much teh rarez.  :mrgreen:

I have this VHS but I'm not quite sure what's on it. i don't even have a VCR anymore. I should probably make a digital version of the tape at some point...
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2015, 02:00:45 AM »
I have this VHS but I'm not quite sure what's on it. i don't even have a VCR anymore. I should probably make a digital version of the tape at some point...