Author Topic: Got my duo fixed!  (Read 379 times)

neopolss

Got my duo fixed!
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
I wanted to give major thanks to chuck at retrogamecave.  I sent him my duo for a full recap for my non working duo.  He was great with communication, fast turnaround at around a week, well packaged.  Im happy witht he price and service.  Just thought id share my good fortune, now back to dungeon explorer!

roflmao

Re: Got my duo fixed!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »
Chuck is a really good guy. Back in the Turbo Mailing List days he created a VHS tape of uncommon PC Engine games (this was back in the mid-late 90s) and offered it up to the list. With his permission, I posted it to youtube a couple of years ago.

His AC adapters are top notch and he's just an all around good guy.  He used to have a Youtube Channel, but it looks like it's gone now.  I thought it was something like "GreenMonkeyKing"...

MotherGunner

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
Is he on these forums?  I feel like he should be.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
Chuck is a really good guy. Back in the Turbo Mailing List days he created a VHS tape of uncommon PC Engine games (this was back in the mid-late 90s) and offered it up to the list. With his permission, I posted it to youtube a couple of years ago.

His AC adapters are top notch and he's just an all around good guy.  He used to have a Youtube Channel, but it looks like it's gone now.  I thought it was something like "GreenMonkeyKing"...

He still has a youtube channel under this name.Still i find it odd his neo-geo video's are private and pc-engine as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreenMonkeyKing

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »
Still i find it odd his neo-geo video's are private and pc-engine as well.

maybe he the does some kind of dirty things with 'em? :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

TR0N

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 11:33:15 PM »

Thought the reason he was worry about being flagged for copy rights.Still,ive never seen any one on youtube get flagged for video's related to the neo-geo or pc-engine.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »

Thought the reason he was worry about being flagged for copy rights.Still,ive never seen any one on youtube get flagged for video's related to the neo-geo or pc-engine.

In an interview he stated that the videos were an embarrassment (not up to the quality he felt comfortable endorsing). He stated that he simply rambled about topics he had little knowledge in, failed to present sufficient evidence to support his arguments, and often got the facts wrong.  The interviewer pointed out that this was the modus operandi for nearly every video on YouTube.

"Exactly," he responded.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:41:54 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »

In an interview he stated that the videos were an embarrassment (not up to the quality he felt comfortable endorsing). He stated that he simply rambled about topics he had little knowledge in, failed to present sufficient evidence to support his arguments, and often got the facts wrong.  The interviewer pointed out that this was the modus operandi for nearly every video on YouTube.

"Exactly," he responded.

Really i didn't think his reviews and info on repairs were that bad damn !!

esteban

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 01:41:27 AM »

"Exactly," he responded.

STATUS: Please ignore my last post, it was entirely fabricated.  I don't know why I do stuff like that.
  |    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »
:lol:

I am amazed by how often people respond to estys comments.  I figure people around here wouldn't believe anything you say these days. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
:lol:

I am amazed by how often people respond to estys comments.  I figure people around here wouldn't believe anything you say these days. :)

I tell ya, I don't get no respect.
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

"Exactly," he responded.

STATUS: Please ignore my last post, it was entirely fabricated.  I don't know why I do stuff like that.

No problem these aren't the droids you're looking for carry on !!