Author Topic: Was the ending to John Madden football a final farewell for Hudson and the Duo?  (Read 269 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator

I just captured this video earlier this week and was wondering about all of the FMV footage that they have in the end credits.  Was this like their final farewell to the Turbo in the US?  Who were all the people in the video?  Were the guys dressed as football players the development team?  So many questions...

DesmondThe3rd

It's a cool behind the scenes look at least.

esteban

I can't wait to share the answers with you. First, however, I have to find something in the pantry to make for dinner.

UPDATE: Forthcoming...

OK, we clearly have some North American staff (or Caucasoids) goofing around on a football field (I suspect they might be at a field in Japan, even though logic would suggest they filmed stuff locally in USA...why? Well, I read somewhere that the footage from actual football games were of amateur Japanese teams...crazy, huh? Perhaps it was easier (legally)/cheaper to use Japanese football clips?).

Anyway, these Caucasoids were filming their journey...traveling by plane to Hudson Headquarters in Japan. So, was North American staff just visiting for fun or were they consulting with/updating Japan HQ on progress of a John Madden?

HUDSON HQ looks nice in the video. Didn't someone recently post links to a real estate brokerage that was renting out Hudson's former headquarters?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:21:19 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

BigusSchmuck

Wow didn't realize that the duo had that much better fmv than the sega cd. Cool stuff.

Black Tiger

Bitd I took the video as a farewell as much as fan service in general.

Wow didn't realize that the duo had that much better fmv than the sega cd. Cool stuff.

I don't think that the Madden CD fmv looks overall better than anything for Sega-CD (hard tell, since the source material appears low quality), but Gulliver Boy and the Yuna fmv are overall better. Gulliver Boy pushes 100 colors at times, even if those colors are mostly wasted. Even Tom's <16 color Gulliver Boy fmv hack looks great.

Sherlock Holmeses were a waste at 512 pixel wide resolution. The same quality video could have taken up most of the screen at half the horizontal resolution.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turbokon

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually on the look for this game.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Obfuscate

I play through the Madden playoffs every year during real football playoffs. Gives me a reason to play, as I loved this game as a kid. The FMV would have been super cool if they left out the cheesy 100LB white guy scoring a TD celebrations. It's funny now, but was stupid and cheesy then. The refs, coin flip, fans, intro etc were all pretty cool back then I thought.

If you suck at football games be the Cowboys and you will probably beat the Madden Bowl easy.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
If you suck at football games be the Cowboys Packers use #4 to throw it up to #84 every offensive play and you will probably beat the Madden Bowl easy.

fixed ;)