Author Topic: (Winner Chosen!) DoxPhile - fansite launch and "Club Turbo" raffle invite  (Read 757 times)

Retrocool

Re: DoxPhile - fansite launch and "Club Turbo" raffle invite
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »

Haha, thanks! Yeah, i was going to name it "Turborotica" or "AiChoMyduo" but those domains were taken. :lol:
[/quote]

Turborotica was taken?  HAHA, that made my day
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

esteban

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »
AWESOME.

I will be exploring more everyday. 
  |    | 

Arjak

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 04:53:47 AM »
This is awesome! I've started the registration process, and await my confirmation e-mail with great excitement! :dance:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

toymachine78

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
Gentlemen,

What about ladies?..... OK... Wishful thinking I know.

MrFulci

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:06 PM »
Anyone that clicks 'I own this' on Deep Blue should get insta-banned from the forums.

A funny story about this, but back in the mid-late 90's, I was ordering some games over the phone from TZD> One of which was Deep Blue. The guy on the phone said, "Are you sure" and recommended some other games. Asked if I owned any of them. Some I did, but, anyway, I wanted Deep Blue, and they tried talking me out of it. I ordered it. Well, it wasn't horrible, but, I didn't play it much. I see why they tried to talk me out of, the maybe 3 games I was ordering, that specific one.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »
Anyone that clicks 'I own this' on Deep Blue should get insta-banned from the forums.

A funny story about this, but back in the mid-late 90's, I was ordering some games over the phone from TZD> One of which was Deep Blue. The guy on the phone said, "Are you sure" and recommended some other games. Asked if I owned any of them. Some I did, but, anyway, I wanted Deep Blue, and they tried talking me out of it. I ordered it. Well, it wasn't horrible, but, I didn't play it much. I see why they tried to talk me out of, the maybe 3 games I was ordering, that specific one.

Much respect to the person who tried to save you from Deep Blue. 
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 02:03:00 AM »

Much respect to the person who tried to save you from Deep Blue. 

The message was pretty much, "Don't do it". I wanted to do it, and that made me want to do it just a bit more. Why so much fuss?

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 07:05:09 AM »
I frequently purchase games of ill-repute, but I go into it knowing that I might be disappointed. I am emotionally/psychologically prepared for trauma.

However, I would still respect/appreciate anyone who was looking out for me (whether they attributed my intentions to be the result of ignorance or naïveté, I wouldn't be offended).

Back on topic: DoxPhile
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
Lol, I wish someone had been looking out for me when vigilante, pac land, and TV sports f/b-ball became the first and only games I had as a kid for many months!

Back on topic: DoxPhile

Haha, indeed. And on that topic we have the Sept '91 EGM (at least the Turbo related pages):

http://DoxPhile.com/?action=magazines&magazine=6&issue=26

TZD gave less shit as time went on. Even in the mid-late 90's, they looked out for people. no matter how much BS you may hear about them during their closing sale, all I could gather, is they hated "nerds". I treated it, in the early days of TZD, and to the end, as a business. I got my interest across, they did theirs, I got my product, they got their money, no problems. Never had any problems there. Other than, another fun story, in 03 or so, afte they hadn't heard from me in a while, and I ordered maybe $100 in stuff, the "guy" there asked me, "______, you have a girlfriend?" It was him busting balls, later on, 10 years ago. I buy no game sand stuff for a while and I was back. I got some good deals, he broke my balls about why after 5 years or so I am there again, etc. Good memories. Decent people (later, "person").

Fun times. never to repeat!

MrFulci

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
Ladies,

We're up to 14 magazines online!  Read them.  Read them and enter my raffle before it is too late, as the Hallow's eve creeps upon us ever so closely!

Turbo Play #6 (April 1991)
http://DoxPhile.com/?action=magazines&magazine=1&issue=6

no matter how much BS you may hear about them during their closing sale...

Honestly, I never bought anything from them, nor have I heard anything about them.  But I always wanted to order from them, and given your stories I regret that I never did!

Not to derail this anymore, but, to clarify "Nerds", what I meant is one time I heard about someone who complained about a small tear on the shrinkwrap, or something like that. That the glue on the turbo cable (TG-16 extension cable) display package dried up over the years, so the plastic bubble would usually be loose from the card with the hook at the top for hanging on peg-board, how the lack off attached plastic bubble for the TG-16 extension made it no longer new, etc.  Some people wanted the newest new possible, no damage to the shrinkwrap/packaging, because the person was going to keep it as a sealed game.

I should have said, "Very Picky People".

It reminds me of when I see people selling used turbo/PCE hucard games, and remarking on the description, "no insertion marks", "Light insertion marks", or something to that effect. Insertion marks...

NightWolve

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »
As I mentioned in the PCE chatroom a while back, great website design! Makes me jealous!! ;)

Punch

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »
Your site is cool, I've already flooded it with messages :)