Author Topic: Ebay Member John Weaver selling copies as originals  (Read 497 times)

tggodfrey

Ebay Member John Weaver selling copies as originals
« on: October 25, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
Thought I got a great deal on a M&MIII Map.  Its a copy and whats worse......Its a copy that a member here has made.

Couple years back another member made me a nice high quality copy of his map which had tape on it.  Its a great copy but the tape is now part of the copy.  Thsi guy just sent me the exact copy I already have and claims he had no idea.

Beware

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Might-and-Magic-III-Isles-of-Terra-Map-and-Spell-Chart-Turbo-GrafX-16-Duo-/221301603081?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=xXrY%252FHhhWxS04MzDsdwdZ5Gk3Z0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_253wt_1172

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

tggodfrey

Re: Ebay Member John Weaver selling copies as originals
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:41:58 PM »
Its killing me because I cant remember who made that copy for me.   If it was him (and he is one of ours) then he had a different Paypal then.
Games currently in play:

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
sparky's work?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

tggodfrey

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
No it wasnt sparky.  The copy I originally purchased was the first copy a member made for me.  Obviously he had a few made more than likely due to cost.  Copy places dont want to make just one.  I dont remember his PCEngineFX ID its been 2 years. 
Games currently in play:

esteban

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 05:23:07 PM »
No it wasnt sparky.  The copy I originally purchased was the first copy a member made for me.  Obviously he had a few made more than likely due to cost.  Copy places dont want to make just one.  I dont remember his PCEngineFX ID its been 2 years.

We must find the culprit!
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 02:37:06 AM »
That's messed up man.  Really really messed up.  I would still report the ebay accont.  Is he trying to pawn those off as originals?

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »
Thanks for the heads up I was gonna bid on that even though I don't have the game yet, just b/c it seemed like a great deal for the map.  Good looking out.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

TheClash603

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 06:07:12 AM »
Some people are degenerates.

Mob rule must prevail!

His Facebook page must be filled with pictures of dicks and beastiality!

hoobs88

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 06:07:51 AM »
Thought I got a great deal on a M&MIII Map.  Its a copy and whats worse......Its a copy that a member here has made.

Couple years back another member made me a nice high quality copy of his map which had tape on it.  Its a great copy but the tape is now part of the copy.  Thsi guy just sent me the exact copy I already have and claims he had no idea.

Beware

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Might-and-Magic-III-Isles-of-Terra-Map-and-Spell-Chart-Turbo-GrafX-16-Duo-/221301603081?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=xXrY%252FHhhWxS04MzDsdwdZ5Gk3Z0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_253wt_1172

I was wondering why he kept relisting that map...makes sense since they are copies.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

galam

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:54 AM »
Lets spam him up. We need to organize some kind of retaliation army for when these things happen.
If somebody here blows the whistle on a dickhead...we RELEASE THE HOUNDS. No questions asked.

Do you have his return address?  I know a couple great time share companies that would love to inundate him with offers. They are relentless. Also, I know a guy that chases down credit deadbeats. He can file false claims with no repercussions. (Whoops, somebody used that address to open a debt that is now defaulted, you have to prove its not you). 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:18:31 AM by galam »

tggodfrey

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »
I reported it right away.  Ebay prolly wont do shit. He claims he didnt know better.  I am getting a refund, its just aggravates me because someone here made that map.
Games currently in play:

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »
Sadly I bidded on it thinking it was a original too. Of course I wasn't going to pay nowhere near the ending price (what $15?) but I'm glad someone here noticed those were in fact copies.

Xak

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
I wouldnt mind it all I had were the disc and nothing else. I just dont want to be price gouged. I would pay for REPRO manuals and maps as long as they are represented as such. That is not fair to people that think it is original (and that need it).
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

tggodfrey

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
the auction ended at 7.51.  I have been refunded and he told me to keep it if i wanted too.  I already have one that is the exact same copy....he fails to pay attention to that.  I would not spam him, thats just a form of harassment and as members of this site, we are all better than that.  Just food for thought if buying a map ect from this guy to watch out.

Xak, I have a couple copies, two that I got here from our members.  One is like this and damn spot on, the other one is just nice.  The nice one you can have if you like.

Terry
Games currently in play: