Author Topic: Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set  (Read 369 times)

xelement5x

Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set
« on: October 28, 2013, 03:57:58 AM »
EDIT 2:  Last chance to buy a copy before they wind up on ebay!!

If you're not a Kickstarter backer, go here: https://www.animeigo.com/products/anime/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition/paypal-signup

If you've already bought a copy via KS and want to get a second one for only $45 go here: http://www.animeigo.com/products/anime/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition/add-ons

Details are pretty close to finalized too, this is copied from the first link.  Go there for more details...

Included in the Basic set are:
[ul][li]Challenge Coin[/li][li]Keychain[/li][li]3 BD50 Blu-Ray Set in a single 3-disc Amaray case with cardstock O-Card cover.[/li][li]All 8 Episodes in full 1080p HD, with Japanese and English stereo soundtracks, and subtitled in English, French, German, Italian, Finnish and Japanese (Kanji) -- in both AnimEigo's classic multicolor subtitles and more traditional greyscale subtitles.[/li][li]The Hurricane Live 2032, Hurricane Live 2033 and Holiday in Bali live-action/animated music video programs (in SD).[/li][li]Animated music videos, recut into full HD.[/li][li]A set of 5 Postcards from MegaTokyo -- with perhaps some extras, weight permitting.[/li][li]Online Omake Archive, including high-resolution color art and settei (production line-art), interviews, song translations, and much more.[/li][li]High-resolution digital version of Adam Warren's “Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal” Comic Book.[/li][li]High-resolution digital versions of R Talsorian Games' Bubblegum Crisis RPG Books.[/li][li]Choice of 1.5" Metal Commemorative Challenge Coin or Keychain.[/li][li]All backers will be listed in a Scroll of Supporters on the discs.[/li][li][/li][/ul]
Premium Backers get everything in the Basic set, plus:
[ul][li]Embroidered Patch[/li][li]Premium packaging -- each disc in it's own case, contained within a sturdy chipboard box.[/li][li]Both a larger (1.75") version of the coin and the keychain.[/li][li]Custom Commemorative Embroidered Patch (4"x3.75").[/li][/ul]

-----Old Original Post -----

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition-blu-ray-set

EDIT: FULLY FUNDED!  IT'S ALL GRAVY FROM HERE ON OUT!

AnimEigo founder Robert J. Woodhead started a Kickstarter funding campaign for a North American Blu-ray Disc release of Bubblegum Crisis on Friday.

The campaign would aim to release an "Ultimate Edition" of the eight-episode Bubblegum Crisis original video anime series. The basic goal would start at US$75,000 and include includes the series itself, the HD-recut Hurricane Live 2032/2033 Bubblegum Crisis animated music videos, and the upconverted live-action music video "The Holiday in Bali" on two region-free BD50 Blu-Ray discs. The package will bundle five postcards from MegaTokyo and a custom Commemorative Challenge Coin with supporter-assisted designs.

Supporters — regardless if they buy the set — can access "a downloadable Omake (Extras) Archive that will contain all the static bonus materials we have, including program notes, song lyrics, translated interviews with the original creators, and high-resolution color artwork and line-art (settei)" in both HTML and PDF formats. Supporters at the $10 level or higher will also receive the five Megatokyo postcards. Other pledge levels include "Night Night Knight Sabers" Satin Pillowcase, set of Metal Figures, Nene garage kit, original production cels, Boomer+AD Police model, and MotoSlave models with riders, but most have already been taken.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-25/animeigo-starts-bubblegum-crisis-kickstarter-funding-campaign

I know we've got some anime fans here, so this looked cool enough to share.  It also looks like they've got good traction since as of posting here they're at like 57k out of the 75k needed.  However, sadly pretty much all the high tier ones with the sweet promos are already gone :(  I'll still probably throw some cash down on it though!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:08:16 AM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Otaking

Re: Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Set
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:44:01 AM »
Bubblegum Crisis Rocks!  8)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:39:34 AM »
I like how they only had 1 available of all the loot.  So you can pay 100$ to have your money go to the production of loot you don't get.

Dicks.

I'll stick to my VHS set. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:41:22 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 03:25:41 AM »
I like how they only had 1 available of all the loot.  So you can pay 100$ to have your money go to the production of loot you don't get.

Dicks.

I'll stick to my VHS set. 

I don't think that's exactly it, the really nice loot they gave out for those one offs was stuff that the guy just had hanging in storage around like cells and models and stuff.  I think for the stuff that you're getting as addons or premium items hasn't been decided on yet, so you can vote on what you want for it.  They just put up new tiers that include posters as well.  It's at like 71K already so I think they'll make this no problem.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Ji-L87

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »
Might throw in some moolah if I have enough to spare. Otherwise, I still have my (mostly complete) BGC LD collection :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »
Might throw in some moolah if I have enough to spare. Otherwise, I still have my (mostly complete) BGC LD collection :mrgreen:

Heh, I have a set of the LDs already, and actually got the liner notes for Vol 4 signed by Hidenori Matsubara too :D  The upgrade from LD/DVD looks like it will be really nice though.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »
I backed it as well.
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
If you don't have your shit together in the first place for the Kickstarter with regards to what perks you should be sending out to your pledgers, you shouldn't even do a Kickstarter.

Right now it seems like the rewards will be changing depending how many more people blindly fling money at an already funded project just because Bubblegum Crisis.

Or, it will depend what other crap they find laying around in their attic/basement/garage to coax people into paying for an already funded project, just because.

How about they go take one of those All Original 1991 posters, get a ton of reprints of it, and offer them to more than 80 people.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Arjak

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Isn't this the same Robert Woodhead who co-created the Wizardry series? :-k

TREBOR SUX!

EDIT: It totally is! His username is madoverlord, even!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:34:24 PM by Arjak »
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

xelement5x

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 06:09:20 AM »
Final push on there.  The last chance to buy a copy ends June 8th!

I've updated the first post with details of what the final product will be like, and links to buy/upgrade for anyone interested.

schnuth

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 01:13:09 PM »
How in the world did I miss out on this? Glad I found out before it was too late! Thanks a lot!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »
Ahhhh! Thank you!

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 04:33:34 AM »
Woot! I'm glad to spread the love! 

The whole set seems to have turned out really well so far and I can't wait for them to ship in August.  I was a poster backer on the original KS and love that print too.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
I know this makes zero sense, but 80s/90s anime just doesn't seem "TRU3" unless it's on Laserdisc. I don't really like upscaled SD video, reformatted cover art, menus, etc. Therefore, I'm not interested in this, as nice as it looks.

I also got the remastered LD set a while back and it's SO much cleaner than the originals. It too includes the music discs and the weird Bali special. If I didn't have this (cost me $25) I might feel differently about this new version.

spenoza

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »
I have the Animeigo DVD release and it is quite nice. BGC is one of my favorite classic 80's anime series. Too bad I don't have a Bluray player. I am fine with my DVD copies... for now...
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c