Author Topic: Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence  (Read 3862 times)

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
Re: Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2015, 01:15:58 PM »
Very cool! Exciting to see new stuff for our beloved PCE. <3
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

MrFulci

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »
Rover,

feel free to add my handle somewhere in there, if you want, in MS2.

Myself, I'd be more inclined to play through a homebrew RPG, sooner than later, if I knew it had some in jokes and references there. I know some people hated some stuff Vic Ireland did at Working Designs, when translating, etc, etc... but....

Do some goofy stuff. Nothing too harsh, though. You  could have a NPC you have to collect gold for, to buy an expensive item at a shop, or whatever, to give him , only for him to run off with it, and take it to an auction house?

Playing a straight homebrew RPG game story, ok, cool, but, add some goofy stuff, for the folks buying it... I may the only person who feel this way, but, it's an idea!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »
Rover,

Myself, I'd be more inclined to play through a homebrew RPG, sooner than later, if I knew it had some in jokes and references there. I know some people hated some stuff Vic Ireland did at Working Designs, when translating, etc, etc... but....

Do some goofy stuff. Nothing too harsh, though. You  could have a NPC you have to collect gold for, to buy an expensive item at a shop, or whatever, to give him , only for him to run off with it, and take it to an auction house?

Playing a straight homebrew RPG game story, ok, cool, but, add some goofy stuff, for the folks buying it... I may the only person who feel this way, but, it's an idea!

I agree. Favorite Cosmic Fantasy 2 quote from a chicken: "Thank you thigh-master" This had me loling...  I was also 12 years old and easily amused but still, this kind of thing is cool.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

MrFulci

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2015, 05:07:03 PM »
I don't know what the majority wants, but for such a small audience that buys this title, and actually plays it, wouldn't a, "Spoof" type RPG be fun? RPG, all the way, but... I don't know.. This is all I know!

It may be too late for this sequel... I'm sorry, I'm just trying to get in your world, PCEFXers...

YOU SAID YOU WANTED DRUMSTICK!!!

THIS IS ALL I KNOW!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:30:19 PM by MrFulci »
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Bernie

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2015, 01:21:36 AM »
lol, that be neat to make an appearance in a video game.  Neato.  :)

MrFulci

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2015, 01:36:34 AM »
I never played the first Mysterious Song, so I have no idea if any surprises were there.

I just think, since these games are made for such a small audience, why not add some silly, odd stuff.? Not everyone is keen on that, but, I just know it would give me more incentive to play a game through, sooner than later, to see what easter eggs are there. PCEFX has been around a while, so there's enough history to sift through, for fun stuff.

Bernie

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 01:37:55 AM »
Well, if you have never played MSR....  "Have you seen my pussy?".

MrFulci

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 01:53:15 AM »
I was absent from here, during the time that went for sale, then it went OOP when I returned... I'm getting back into the swing of things!

nodtveidt

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 05:39:22 AM »
I do have a running list of cameos for MS2, though the list is small at the moment. Anyone who wants in can just let me know and I'll add ya to the game. MS2 contains a minigame that can be played by challenging certain NPCs (Lunar: The Silver Star, Final Fantasy 8, and Xenogears all did this, which is where I got the idea from) and I was thinking of using forum members as the specific players of the minigame... of course, any other role is fine as well. :)

KingDrool

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »
jlued686 is a perfect name for an NPC. Rolls right off the tongue!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

I do have a running list of cameos for MS2, though the list is small at the moment. Anyone who wants in can just let me know and I'll add ya to the game. MS2 contains a minigame that can be played by challenging certain NPCs (Lunar: The Silver Star, Final Fantasy 8, and Xenogears all did this, which is where I got the idea from) and I was thinking of using forum members as the specific players of the minigame... of course, any other role is fine as well. :)

Esteban thanks you for cameos in the mini-game and in Olde Shoppe (as a barista).
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
IIRC, we were going to have a secret dev area in Neutopia 3 with the Frozen Utopians, with our own lil' hubs.  Either that, or I dreamed about it! :D

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:54 AM »

You can be the village idiot.  :P

Well, if you have never played MSR....  "Have you seen my pussy?".

Heh, MSR definitely has its Vic moments.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2015, 05:19:04 AM »
Can newbs get placement? My nick is just transliterated Greek for "The Roman".

nodtveidt

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2015, 08:45:29 AM »
Anyone can be put in. :D