Author Topic: Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence  (Read 3858 times)

MrFulci

Re: Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »

You can be the village idiot.  :P

Sounds fine to me. I hope it doesn't go OOP before I can snag a copy, this time!

I meant to play an RPG in 2014, but didn't get around to it, except for Shadowgate on the NES, which is almost an RPG. RPGs I have to set aside time for, as I know from myself, in the past, I'd spend most of the day, then the following day, and so on, 'til I complete it. They can consume a lot of time. That's part of what makes me put RPGs on hold, and instead play something I can complete in a day!

I did similar with Dungeon Keeper 2 a few years ago, when I thought to myself, "Has it been 10 years since I last beat this?". It had been so long, I forgot that the, "Narrator" would taunt you, if you played the game past 3 or 4am :)
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nodtveidt

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »
The development of the battle system is moving along smoothly.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »
I'm hoping for some animated tiles in the battle backgrounds, subtle stuff like dust motes and Hudson bees in the sun beams.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »
I want to appear on this magnificent obey game!

cjameslv

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 05:53:29 AM »
I'm hoping for some animated tiles in the battle backgrounds, subtle stuff like dust motes and Hudson bees in the sun beams.  :mrgreen:

Or even the light rays flickering through the trees.

nodtveidt

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
If there is room in the battle system for extra effects, I will implement as many as I can. Core functionality always comes first, but I do like to make things as snazzy as I can. :D As with the original Mysterious Song, I store a lot of graphics data in the map program so they don't use up space in the battle program... that gives me plenty of extra space. I can use that space to add some visual effects. The only thing Mysterious Song had for special battle effects was the animated torches in the caves and the trippy background in the true final battle. The cave background in Eternal Silence will also have animated torches, but I also want to see if I can add things like moving clouds, maybe some birds flying by, and weather effects.

Dicer

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
Any small nods or touches will be awesome, I like the think of the people into the PCE/TG16 as a sort of special group and it's nice to see the efforts made by people to keep things going...

HailingTheThings

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
I want to appear on this magnificent obey game!

I too want Punch to appear on all up in this magnificent obey game!

Punch

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
Make sure you don't proofread my NPC's dialogue(s) in the game!

spenoza

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2015, 03:08:28 PM »
What priority is being given to enemy animations and effects for player and enemy attacks? My curiosity compels me to ask...
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nodtveidt

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Attacks are more animated now, though enemies are still static. Then again, even Final Fantasy 6 had static enemy sprites. Enemy sprites are just way larger now. There are five different types of attack animation, each based on the type of attack being used (sword, axe, staff, bow, or claw). Since there are more than just swords available now, it made sense to expand the animation types. Spells are particularly impressive this time though. Since Ryanna is the lead character in this game, much focus was placed on her particular gameplay facets, and since she is a magician, I wanted to make her magic really stand out this time.

Arjak

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »
I would love to be an NPC in an RPG! Just make sure I get something really clever to say. :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

roflmao

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
Having my avatar's name in the game would be way cool.  Please add me.  :)

mrhaboobi

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:03 AM »
very sweet looking.. would love to see MrHaboobi as a character  :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

nodtveidt

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
Cameo list updated. :D