Author Topic: YouTube PC Engine/Turbografx 16 Gameplay Home Movies  (Read 3802 times)

guyjin

YouTube PC Engine/Turbografx 16 Gameplay Home Movies
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »
my god, I forgot how horrible time soldier's music was  :(
But kenseiden is neat.

(BTW, please put "sms" or "master system" in your ms videos, to make them easier to search, thanks)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2006, 11:27:51 AM »
Ah that was you! Yeah I'll be more specific next time.

guyjin

heh.
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2006, 12:44:28 PM »
didn't think anybody read video comments...
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2006, 01:04:40 PM »
Better believe it dawg. Got quite a bit of them on my Dracula X videos, and also got fans (Fans = people who saved your videos to their favorites.)
For them to post comments on videos of obscure games like that really shows that they're up on it as we are.

However on my vs fighter match videos, I deal with a pestilence of slam critics saying that we suck and they'll pwn us, but we really play better than what they see.

Can't wait to get home from school. Tape myself blowing shit up with my light phaser in "Rambo III".

Digi.k

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »
some vids of the later levels on Salamander..

Anyone who says the PC Engine has a lame sound chip needs a slap on the wrist!!  I got proof it's awesome *cough* my vids!  I am seriously falling in love with the music in this game.. its just amazing!

I'll try and get a vid of the last level if I can figure out how to do it ... its insane...

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »
Digi.k, you're the star of this whole movement now! 8)

Your Radiant Silvergun videos are awesome!

Back to Salamander though, that music is pretty off the chain!

I love the drum set Konami used in it. It's also been used in other Konami PCE games. Doesn't Snatcher's PSG tracks use that same drum set?

Wow, now I realize, Life Force on NES is INFERIOR.

What's level 4 on the PCE version is stage 2 on the NES.

cavein2000

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Here it is.
Dracula X action.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sfQDyyIlbZk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wep2g-vJ6s0

Ninja,

That vid was helpful.  I stopped playing right there.  Got to the sorcerer and couldn't finish him off.  Maybe I will pick up where I left off there about a month ago.  It seemed that the super cross attack was a huge factor.  I was using the bible hidden in the room before the bosses.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

sunteam_paul

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2006, 01:02:14 AM »
Power Drift

OutRun

Ranma 1/2 3 Opening Intro

Momotaro Katsugeki
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2006, 06:19:47 PM »
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"

Momotaro Katsugeki

LOL reminds me of Ganbare Goemon.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2006, 08:57:31 PM »
It's one of my favourite platformers on the Engine. A must-buy.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

handygrafx

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »
Quote from: "Digi.k"

Anyone who says the PC Engine has a lame sound chip needs a slap on the wrist!!  I got proof it's awesome *cough* my vids!  I am seriously falling in love with the music in this game.. its just amazing!

I'll try and get a vid of the last level if I can figure out how to do it ... its insane...

those are truly exellent videos. i didn't realize how good Salamander on PCE was, and the music is quite good!

btw, what did you use to capture the video?   did you use an emu or the real PCE and HuCard, and some capturing software?   my knowledge of this stuff is incredibly lacking.

thanks for those vids.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2006, 01:16:46 PM »
Quote from: "handygrafx"
Quote from: "Digi.k"

those are truly exellent videos. i didn't realize how good Salamander on PCE was, and the music is quite good!

btw, what did you use to capture the video?   did you use an emu or the real PCE and HuCard, and some capturing software?   my knowledge of this stuff is incredibly lacking.

thanks for those vids.

He definitely played on the real system with a camcorder in front of the TV. You can tell a live video by its quality and how hollow the sound is. That's how I did my vids as well. Unless the game was unreleased and can only be on a rom, we PCEFX'ers say "NO" to emus. 8)

Bonknuts

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2006, 04:32:32 PM »
Unless the game was unreleased and can only be on a rom, we PCEFX'ers say "NO" to emus.

Really? I prefer an emu pipe'd to a TV - with nice filtering and all (plus save states). I personally don't like the PCE output - to sharp and such. I used to have a specific setting/profile saved on my old TV for my DUO - back in the day. SNES btw had the best output of the three - regardless of color usage.

Also, I prefer not to put any wear & tear on my real systems unless I have to or for testing hacks/translations/DEV.

Digi.k

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
yea the pc engine is 'real' but I'm using A/V booster and hooked it up to an amplifier.

and Yes! I love those drum beats and Konami did use the same ones in their other games but I think Salamander just has it playing out more forceful!

I'm not really using a true camcorder. I 've recorded it using canon ixus I zoom digital camera but personally I think the results are pretty good.

I've only used a real camcorder twice .. the frame rate and sound quality are much better but the resolution when its uploaded to you tube is lame. you can see those here:

parodius pc engine.. but its not hooked up to the amplifier downstairs:

Radiant silvergun sega saturn clip:

so I'm gonna be sticking with the canon till I can get off my ass and buy a capture card.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2006, 05:41:48 PM »
I absolutely love the changes Youtube put on their site. Anyone notice these?
A real volume bar was implemented, a timer, a bar to see how long you have until your video's uploaded, and the best part ever: They optimized the verification/processing time after uploads.