Author Topic: WTB - TurboDuo  (Read 237 times)

wyndcrosser

WTB - TurboDuo
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
Highly interested in obtaining a TurboDuo. If anyone has one, please give me a PM.

I'm looking to region mod it and some other little changes.

Thanks.

Black Tiger

Re: WTB - TurboDuo
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »
If you're going to destroy the collectiblity of the TurboDuo by modifying it, you're better off buying the identical PC Engine Duo for a fraction of the price.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:47:29 PM »
Yep.  He speaks Truth.  Cost to get my PCE Duo (in pretty decent shape no major cosmetic damage) + Mod = $180.

Cost of my stock US DUO = $200 with some cosmetic damage. <- only becuase I bought it in a lot.  These I see go for $300 More often. 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

wyndcrosser

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »
I'm completely with you. I actually own a Duo-R now (great system), I fixed it myself.

I probably won't regionfree the Turboduo, just my duo-r, I really want the TurboDuo as I love the style of the console. It's beautiful, so with that said I highly doubt I'll do it.

turboswimbz

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
I'm completely with you. I actually own a Duo-R now (great system), I fixed it myself.

I probably won't regionfree the Turboduo, just my duo-r, I really want the TurboDuo as I love the style of the console. It's beautiful, so with that said I highly doubt I'll do it.

The Original Black PCE DUO version is identical to the US Turbo Duo.  Only difference is the text and button colors, and I slight chance in the text. See below. If you just want a US version for the sake of having it, that's cool too, as I always wanted one as a kid so Now I have and Rx to play on and a US version, which I take to meet ups and display. 

Japan's version

and the North American's Version:

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 05:52:44 AM »
I like how the PCE Duo looks like a Decepticon. 8)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

toymachine78

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
I like how the PCE Duo looks like a Decepticon. 8)

Ha! I thought the same thing!