Author Topic: WTB: Dungeon Explorer II  (Read 217 times)

johnnykonami

WTB: Dungeon Explorer II
« on: December 11, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
I've always wanted this game, ever since I saw it on the cover of Turbo Force magazine which I had a subscription to as a kid!  I've been away from the scene for a couple of years (I was on the Turbo Mailing List for a long time), but I get the idea it's kinda tricky to acquire.  True?  What does it go for these days?

MotherGunner

Re: WTB: Dungeon Explorer II
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
First off welcome to PCEFX!

If you are looking to get it and don't mind Japanese, I recommend getting it for PC-Engine.  The U.S. version can be found but it will be at a premium as it has become rarer these days.  I recall seeing a fellow member sell one but can't remember how long ago.  Check out completed auctions on Ebay to see what the inflated prices have been for it, but it's not uncommon to see triple digits on that title.  It is a fantastic game.  I was lucky to get one on Ebay back in 06 for about $60 which I though was robbery at the time.   :-k
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

FiftyQuid

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »
First off welcome to PCEFX!

If you are looking to get it and don't mind Japanese, I recommend getting it for PC-Engine.  The U.S. version can be found but it will be at a premium as it has become rarer these days.  I recall seeing a fellow member sell one but can't remember how long ago.  Check out completed auctions on Ebay to see what the inflated prices have been for it, but it's not uncommon to see triple digits on that title.  It is a fantastic game.  I was lucky to get one on Ebay back in 06 for about $60 which I though was robbery at the time.   :-k
MG speaks the truth.  PCE is the way to go on this one.  I broke into the "scene" late and this one was already out of my price range.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:04:29 AM »
Yeah, the US version is bloated beyond comprehension price-wise. Jpn version is the way to go. The story isn't terribly complex or involved.

johnnykonami

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:38:11 AM »
Thanks guys, maybe I'll grab an import to hold me over, but I think this will be like my copy of Dynastic Hero.. I forget when I picked it up, 10 maybe even 15 years ago, but even then the USA version was hard to get.

Oh, and I'm a long time lurker, I guess I never posted here but I made an account a couple years ago.  Thanks for the welcome all the same, I will try to get my post count up.. I've been meaning to get back into collecting and I'm sure this is the best place to do it now.