Author Topic: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game  (Read 3763 times)

Bardoly

Re: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2014, 05:11:10 AM »
Yeah, I got whipped last FNM by one of these mono-Black aggro decks.  :(  I may just have to join 'em if I can't beat 'em.

Bardoly

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2014, 05:56:13 AM »
So what are y'all playing for FNM this week?

I built a couple of decks:

1 - white/green Eidolon of Blossoms deck with all enchantments/enchantment creatures except for 1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride and 2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

2 - mono-black Squelching Leeches/Lilianna of the Dark Realms/Chromanticore (splash 3 Blood Crypt, 3 Godless Shrine, 3 Overgrown Tomb, 3 Watery Grave, because Lilianna can tutor up whichever color I need)

I don't really know if either of these decks are very good, so I may play my red/white/blue control deck since I've been able to get 3 of the Temple of Epiphany scry lands.

munchiaz

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »
So what are y'all playing for FNM this week?

I built a couple of decks:

1 - white/green Eidolon of Blossoms deck with all enchantments/enchantment creatures except for 1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride and 2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes

2 - mono-black Squelching Leeches/Lilianna of the Dark Realms/Chromanticore (splash 3 Blood Crypt, 3 Godless Shrine, 3 Overgrown Tomb, 3 Watery Grave, because Lilianna can tutor up whichever color I need)

I don't really know if either of these decks are very good, so I may play my red/white/blue control deck since I've been able to get 3 of the Temple of Epiphany scry lands.

If you could post a whole deck list that would help. As far is FNM, i won't be playing this week. I am however going to a draft tonight.

Bardoly

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2014, 08:40:44 AM »
Fair enough.

Here's my deck lists for the 3 decks I am considering:
Note:  I'm not a strong sideboard builder/user.

White/Green Eidolon of Blossoms Deck (60 cards)
Lands (24)
7 - Forest
1 - Grove of the Gaurdian
6 - Plains
2 - Mutavault
4 - Temple Garden
4 - Temple of Plenty
White (14)
1 - Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1 - Archangel of Thune
2 - Eidolon of Countless Battles (I only own 2 of these, otherwise it would be 4)
2 - Celestial Archon
4 - Hopeful Eidolon
4 - Nyxborn Shieldmate
Green (20)
4 - Boon Satyr
4 - Courser of Kruphix
4 - Eidolon of Blossoms
4 - Font of Fertility
3 - Leafcrown Dryad
1 - Strength from the Fallen (I'm not sure about this one.)
Multicolored (2)
2 - Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
Sideboard - This probably still needs work.(15)
1 - Bow of Nylea
4 - Centaur Healer
2 - Revoke Existence (I don't have any copies of Deicide yet.)
1 - Elixer of Immortality
4 - Banishing Light
3 - Pacifism

Mono-Black Squelching Leeches/Lilianna of the Dark Realms/Chromanticore (60 cards)
Lands (24)
  3 - Blood Crypt
  3 - Godless Shrine
  2 - Mutavault
  3 - Overgrown Tomb
10 - Swamp
  3 - Watery Grave
Creatures (18)
  1 - Blood Baron of Vizkopa
  1 - Chromanticore
  3 - Brain Maggot (I only own 3 of these, otherwise it would be 4.)
  1 - Gray Merchant of Asphodel
  4 - Nightveil Specter
  4 - Pack Rat
  4 - Squelching Leeches
Spells (18)
  1 - Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
  3 - Corrupt
  1 - Devour Flesh
  2 - Hero's Downfall
  4 - Liliana of the Dark Realms
  1 - Rakdos's Return
  4 - Thoughtseize
  1 - Underworld Connections
  1 - Vraska the Unseen
Sideboard (15) -Not yet built.
  1 - Elixir of Immortality

Red/White/Blue Control Deck (61 cards - I need to cut 1 card.)
Lands (26)
4 - Hallowed Fountain
1 - Island
2 - Mutavault
4 - Sacred Foundry
4 - Steam Vents
4 - Temple of Enlightenment
3 - Temple of Epiphany (I only own 3 of these, otherwise it would be 4.)
4 - Temple of Triumph
Creatures (1)
1 - Aetherling
Spells (34)
4 - Aurelia's Fury
4 - Counterflux
4 - Detention Sphere
4 - Dissolve
1 - Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 - Jace, Memory Adept
4 - Render Silent
4 - Silence
4 - Spinx's Revelation
4 - Supreme Verdict
Sideboard (15) -Not yet built.
1 - Elixir of Immortality
4 - Warleader's Helix

munchiaz

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
Im feeling the white/green deck

munchiaz

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
Here goes my new deck list idea

Mono-Black aggro

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-black-aggroatheros/

29 creatures:
4x Gnarled Scarhide
3x Rakdos Cackler
4x Tormented hero
4x Pain Seer
4x spiteful returned
3x Lifebane Zombie
2x Herald of Torment
2x Master of the Feast
2x Mogi's Maurader

10 spells:
3x Hero's Downfall
1x devour flesh
1x ultimate price
2x Thoughtseize
3x Athreos, God of Passage

22 lands:
4x Mana Confluence
4x Mutavault
4x Godless Shrine
10x Swamp

sideboard:
3x dark betrayal
2x devour flesh
2x doom blade
2x ultimate price
1x Lifebane Zombie
1x Mogi's Maurader
2x thoughtseize
2x duress
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:06:27 AM by munchiaz »

hoobs88

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:37 PM »
I didn't have time to build a new deck this week so I will be playing the same deck as last week..."Carpet Bombers" (I took 3rd place with it)
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bardoly

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2014, 04:55:05 AM »
I didn't have time to build a new deck this week so I will be playing the same deck as last week..."Carpet Bombers" (I took 3rd place with it)

Deck list please!

*Edit:  Actually, maybe I should be asking for the deck list of the 1st place winner.   :-"

Also, Last week's FNM winners were all mono-black aggro and/or fast boros burn.  I didn't see a single UW control deck, so I'm thinking that maybe I should fill that hole with my WUR contol deck and put the Warleader's Helix's mainboard for the life-gain.

hoobs88

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »

Deck list please!

*Edit:  Actually, maybe I should be asking for the deck list of the 1st place winner.   :-"

Also, Last week's FNM winners were all mono-black aggro and/or fast boros burn.  I didn't see a single UW control deck, so I'm thinking that maybe I should fill that hole with my WUR contol deck and put the Warleader's Helix's mainboard for the life-gain.

The guy that took 1st place was playing mono red aggro and got double burning tree emissary and a firefist striker out on turn 2 in game 1 while I stalled out at 2 lands. Game 2- I mulled to 5 and wiped his field twice with Anger of the Gods but he eventually got a Boros Reckoner out followed by a Fanatic of Mogis. I'll try to post my rogue homebrew deck this weekend if it performs well again tonight.

munchiaz

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »

Deck list please!

The guy that took 1st place was playing mono red aggro and got double burning tree emissary and a firefist striker out on turn 2 in game 1 while I stalled out at 2 lands. Game 2- I mulled to 5 and wiped his field twice with Anger of the Gods but he eventually got a Boros Reckoner out followed by a Fanatic of Mogis. I'll try to post my rogue homebrew deck this weekend if it performs well again tonight.

Thats why i love Atheros. You can clear the board all you want, but you are either taking alot of life or stuff is coming back to my hand

hoobs88

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2014, 09:40:55 AM »

Deck list please!

Thats why i love Atheros. You can clear the board all you want, but you are either taking alot of life or stuff is coming back to my hand

Anger of the Gods exiles creatures so Athreos won't trigger.

hoobs88

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2014, 07:53:35 AM »
I went 3-1 with Carpet Bombers last night at FNM to win 5 packs. My only loss was to mana issues (stalled out at 2 lands in game 1 and mulled to 6 cards in game 2 then drew a land every turn). There were a lot of Selesnya and Junk decks in the meta at my local store. I had to face the new Ajani twice.

Bardoly

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 04:29:08 AM »
I had to work late last Friday, so I did the 8pm J/B/T Draft instead of the 6:30pm Standard.  I ended up drafting a weak Black/Green deck.  I still ended up going 3-1 and won 2 packs, so it wasn't a complete waste, but even the rares were pathetic.  The best rare that I saw was Anax & Cymede, and I passed it.

... Still waiting on your "Carpet Bombers" deck list.

hoobs88

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
Carpet Bombers
By: hoobs
Type II
Archivehttp://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1199634

Main Deck:
1 AEtherling
2 Courser of Kruphix
2 Fathom Mage
1 Keranos, God of Storms
1 Lobber Crew
2 Mercurial Chemister
1 Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
1 Prognostic Sphinx
3 Prophet of Kruphix
1 Scourge of Valkas
1 Shivan Dragon
2 Sylvan Caryatid
1 Titan of Eternal Fire
1 Vorel of the Hull Clade
4 Zhur-Taa Druid

4 Turn // Burn

4 Breeding Pool
4 Steam Vents
4 Stomping Ground
4 Temple of Abandon
4 Temple of Epiphany
4 Temple of Mystery

Sideboard:
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Bow of Nylea
1 Clan Defiance
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Domestication
1 Electrickery
2 Izzet Charm
1 Izzet Staticaster
1 Perplexing Chimera
1 Pithing Needle

munchiaz

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:53 AM »

Deck list please!

Anger of the Gods exiles creatures so Athreos won't trigger.

ohh yeah, forgot about that