Author Topic: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game  (Read 3746 times)

hoobs88

Re: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »
By the way, what color are people choosing as the best color for the M15 prerelease this weekend?  The black promo card looks awesome, but I've read good things about white, red, and green (not blue).

I haven't even seen what the promos are. Got a link to the site that shows them?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bardoly

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
I was only able to play in one 'flight' of the Prerelease.  I choose white and went 2-1 in three rounds - got totally mana-messed over in both games of my loss.

We had 40+ people in my 80-person flight choose black, and the store ran out... :roll:

hoobs88

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
I was only able to play in one 'flight' of the Prerelease.  I choose white and went 2-1 in three rounds - got totally mana-messed over in both games of my loss.

We had 40+ people in my 80-person flight choose black, and the store ran out... :roll:

I played in 5 flights...got 1st place in one of them and 2nd place in the other 4 flights. Chose Black in the first flight (pulled Liliana Vess). Red in the 2 Headed Giant flight (pulled Soul of Ravnica and Soul of Shandalar). Black again in the third flight (pulled Soul of Zendikar) took 1st place in this one with a Black/Green build that splashed Red for Burning Anger (so good!). Chose White for the 4th flight (pulled Nissa Worldwaker but couldn't play her since my card pool didn't support Green very well). Planned to play Green for the 5th flight but there weren't any left so I had a choice between Red or Blue so I went with Red again since Blue seemed very meh.

munchiaz

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »
I was at EVO this weekend so i missed the M15 pre release. My brother went and took 3rd using a red/white deck.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »
Dug out my old Magic cards:

Just caught up on reading this thread....

Look what you guys made me do....  :(

esteban

Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »
Dug out my old Magic cards:

Just caught up on reading this thread....

Look what you guys made me do....  :(

Put them back in the box. Back away. Play Turbo.
  |    | 

hoobs88

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2014, 07:15:52 AM »
That's a sweet Garfield vs. Finkel Deckmaster Box!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »
I just unearthed my box o' Magic Cards that had been in storage for the better part of 18 years...I'll probably be selling off everything soon. Collection is mostly revised/4th and spans The Dark through Fallen Empires (with a bit of Legends floating around in there).

Checking the going rates on certain cards - it's amazing how much things have changed over the years. Cards that were impossibly sought after (Summon legends, Jester's Cap, Icy Manipulator, etc.) are now worthless, and things that were incredibly common (dual lands) seem to be selling for a mint. World's gone crazy.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:52:28 AM by jeffhlewis »

munchiaz

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
played my second M15 draft yesterday...went 0-3, still getting used to the set.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
They announced that Teferi is a planeswalker again in the new Commander set.

and then they showed the card and now I am convinced Wizards is a bunch of f*cking slowtards.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

KGD

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2014, 02:23:29 AM »
The new Commander sets being mono-colored is a bad idea. They could have reprinted the filter lands but most definitely won't at this point. Not in that product, that is!

I don't hate the new layout of M15, something which bugged other people. The change from old frame to new frame was shocking to me (post-Masques), but the M15 layout change is minor.

A set I'm skipping altogether.

Bardoly

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2014, 06:00:40 AM »
played my second M15 draft yesterday...went 0-3, still getting used to the set.

I'm still getting used to drafting it as well.

The first time that I drafted it, I drafted mono-blue humans with an Obelisk of Urd and the blue Paragon.  The deck actually wasn't that bad (with like 7-8 humans), but it just couldn't 'get there'.  I went 2-2, I believe.

For my 2nd time drafting M15, last week I drafted blue/black for the first 2 packs, and I probably could have had agreat deck, but for pack 3, I first-picked Chandra, and she seduced me over to red.  I drafted 7 total red cards in pack 3 to go with my 2 random red cards that I had picked up in the first 2 packs, so I ended up with 9 red cards (which were actually all playable   :shock:  ).  I was very evenly split with about 10 playables in both blue and black, and like 4-5 playable artifacts.  I had a difficult time choosing which colors to play.  I REALLY wanted to play Chandra, and I had ended up with several really good red cards - Lightning Strike, Scrapyard Mongrel (with my 4-5 artifacts), and others.  I ended up going with blue, because I had a Glacial Crasher, and it's really a relevant card if Mountains are being played.  I went 2-0 for my first 2 games, then won game 1, then got majorly mana messed over in both games 2 and three.  For game 2 on the play, I kept a 5-lander on the play, since both spells were very relevant cards, but then I drew 4 more lands in a row to lose to my opponent's aggro draw.  For game 3 on the draw, I had to mulligan a no-lander to keep a 6-card, 2-lander hand.  Then, I never drew my 3rd land until turn 5 to lose again.   :evil:  For Round 4, I lost game 3 to mana messover again to finish 2-2 again.  At least my consolation pack gave me a Soul of Ravnica.  I really enjoy this game, but it sure seems that there should be a way to reduce variance a little in regards to land flood/drought.

I'm hoping to play Standard this upcoming FNM, but maybe I'll draft again.

munchiaz

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »
^ yeah, i find red to be the strongest in this set when it comes to drafting. I played MTGO last night and i thought i crafted a good deck(ill post it later when im home) Had resolute angel, and spectral ward, but just couldnt get the wins. Most of my games were pretty close though. I ran a W/G deck that was supposed to be aggro, but i wasn't getting the draws i needed, and without a raise the alarm, or triplicat spirits i just lost to faster decks. 

hoobs88

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2014, 02:21:30 PM »
Anyone play at M15 Game Day this weekend? I took 1st place at my local store with Naya Superfriends. I was surprised that the champion playmat didn't have Garruk on it. I think I'm gonna make the infinite turns shenanigans deck for next week's FNM.

munchiaz

« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »
^ my brother went and took 5th at his game day event