Author Topic: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game  (Read 3789 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 06:02:19 AM »
Give me all the minotaurs you got.   

Man, I am so glad I am retarded and make odd decks.   I made a Minotaur deck with mostly Mirage block Minotaurs (and some beta hurloons!) like, 3 years ago mostly because I like the Talruum Minotaur art and needed an excuse to use him.

Didgeridoo went up to like 5+$/each now! 

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

hoobs88

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
5 color EDH is a disaster.   It hardly ever works, but when it does, people start laughing.

2 of my friends play with Child of Alara as their commander and have had quite a bit of success with those decks. Another friend plays with Reaper King. The trick is to have plenty of way to fetch dual lands/shock lands.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

munchiaz

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 04:41:22 AM »
So went to my firat Magic PTQ this weekend here in AZ. It was pretty awesome. Had 178 players. I ended going 5-3 with my mono-black devotion deck. That got me 37th place. Not to bad for my first PTQ. I made some really bad side board mistakes during my last game. It def seemed like mono-black was the deck to beat, and everyone was running mono red devotion with chained to the rocks and assemble the legion.

My last game was against mono red, and for some reason i didn't side board in my duress's. This cost me the game because i simple lost to chained to the rocks. If i had my 3 duress spells, and 4 thoughseize, it could have been a different story.

Oh well, lesson learned. I had a ton of fun,and learned alot.

hoobs88

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 06:23:02 AM »
So went to my firat Magic PTQ this weekend here in AZ. It was pretty awesome. Had 178 players. I ended going 5-3 with my mono-black devotion deck. That got me 37th place. Not to bad for my first PTQ. I made some really bad side board mistakes during my last game. It def seemed like mono-black was the deck to beat, and everyone was running mono red devotion with chained to the rocks and assemble the legion.

My last game was against mono red, and for some reason i didn't side board in my duress's. This cost me the game because i simple lost to chained to the rocks. If i had my 3 duress spells, and 4 thoughseize, it could have been a different story.

You need "Destroy the Evidence" to deal with Chained to the Rocks and "Illness in the Ranks" against Assemble the Legion.

Xak

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 06:36:10 AM »
Have not played it since 9th grade High School

or was it 10th grade? yup 10th . I collected since 7th grade stopped at 10th. I was the only player on the football team that played Magic
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

munchiaz

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 06:42:55 AM »

You need "Destroy the Evidence" to deal with Chained to the Rocks and "Illness in the Ranks" against Assemble the Legion.

I could see those working, only issue is what do you take out of side board to make room?

hoobs88

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
Ratchet Bomb with 1 counter on it is also good vs. Chained to the Rocks. What does your sideboard look like now?

munchiaz

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
yeah i was thinking rachetbomb. Right now my SB is 3 lifebane ,2erebos ,3duress ,3dark betrayal , 2pharika's cure. Those are the staples. At this PTQ i also had a blood baron and doom blade. So i will most likely take out those 2 and put in 2 ratchet bombs. That way i can deal with chained, and assemble, and if those don;t come up, i can use it for other things

hoobs88

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
3 Dark Betrayal seems like too much if you're already running 4 Hero's Downfall, 4 Devour Flesh, and 4 Thoughtseize (as most Mono Black Devotion decks do).

munchiaz

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »
Yeah i am running 4 of all those cards. I run 3 Dark Betrayal because mono black is so common. I know alot of people also run 3 Erebos for this reason. I only run 2, because i only have 2

hoobs88

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
I think Destroy the Evidence is best in the mirror match since you can destroy their land with Underworld Connections on it to cripple their devotion and stop them from drawing into multiple Gray Merchants.

munchiaz

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
I think Destroy the Evidence is best in the mirror match since you can destroy their land with Underworld Connections on it to cripple their devotion and stop them from drawing into multiple Gray Merchants.

Yeah, but if you are playing the mirror they will def have 4 underworld, and at least 2 erebos to draw. I think destroy the evidence just cost to much

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
ugh, standard.  Do you guys play legacy or anything? lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

hoobs88

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 02:32:51 AM »

I haven't played Legacy since it was called "type 1.5" (probably about 15 years ago). I recently got into Modern and took 1st place last week at my local store. I play Standard, Sealed, and Draft on a weekly basis as well as casual games of Commander.

munchiaz

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 03:20:02 AM »

I haven't played Legacy since it was called "type 1.5" (probably about 15 years ago). I recently got into Modern and took 1st place last week at my local store. I play Standard, Sealed, and Draft on a weekly basis as well as casual games of Commander.

Same, When i played legacy, it was called 1.5.  I dont get into it anymore. Right now i just play standard(not very often) sealed and draft. Drafting is by far my favorite