Author Topic: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game  (Read 3802 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 05:15:47 AM »
Yeah I played back then, too.   I was confused when I came back and the types were all changes to real words.   

I don't really play competitive legacy though, because all you see are about 3 deck types with $$$$ cards so it's all down to who gets going first, and if the other player has a force of will ready or not.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

munchiaz

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
Have you guys checked out to spoilers for born of the gods? Man i can't wait. Im going to pre order a box this week

turboswimbz

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
Born seems to fill in a ton of gaps which is nice.  But since I really don't play competitively unless I find a group into it I might pass on this set.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bardoly

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »
I play Magic the Gathering as well.  I started back during Revised, and then I "get in" and "get out" every few years or so.  I've only been back in since last September/October when Theros just came out.  I'm currently brewing up and playing 4 different Standard decks - blue/black Dimir, white/red Planar Cleansing, white/green Bestow creatures, and red/green Land Destruction.  I also have a Captain Sisay Commander deck (almost all Elves) that I'm playing as well.

munchiaz

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »
Anyone hit up the born of the gods pre releases this past weekend? I went to 1 on Saturday, and another 1 on Sunday. Went with red as my pre release color on Saturday, and i couldn't even play red, because there was no worthwhile cards. So i ran a black/white deck and ended up going 3-1. Sunday i decided to go black, and really liked the deck i built. I even got  a Mogis, god of slaughter. I ended up going 2-2 on Sunday however. There were less people there on Sunday. If i would have won the last game i played, i would have taken 7th place.

Anyway, I'm really liking born of the gods so far. I even have a new deck idea,based on some of new cards, and Master of cruelties. Check it out and tell me what you guys thing.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pulling-the-strings-1/

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 09:38:53 AM »
They released some of the dumbest griffins I've ever seen in my life in Theros/Born of the Gods.   

also, Wild Nacatl is unbanned in Modern.

That's going to be hilarious.

hoobs88

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »
Anyone hit up the born of the gods pre releases this past weekend? I went to 1 on Saturday, and another 1 on Sunday. Went with red as my pre release color on Saturday, and i couldn't even play red, because there was no worthwhile cards. So i ran a black/white deck and ended up going 3-1. Sunday i decided to go black, and really liked the deck i built. I even got  a Mogis, god of slaughter. I ended up going 2-2 on Sunday however. There were less people there on Sunday. If i would have won the last game i played, i would have taken 7th place.

Anyway, I'm really liking born of the gods so far. I even have a new deck idea,based on some of new cards, and Master of cruelties. Check it out and tell me what you guys thing.

I played on Saturday and Sunday...went 3-0 and took an intentional draw in round 4 both days for a final record of 3-0-1. Due to tiebreaker points, I took 2nd place on Saturday but took 1st on Sunday. I chose Blue on Saturday and had 2 of the Serpents that can't attack unless you bounce an enchantment (but all  of the enchantments in my deck let me draw a card when they come into play or were bestow creatures) and I kept triggering heroic. I chose Green on Sunday.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

hoobs88

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »

I can't wait to finally be able to sell my foil playset of Nacatls!

munchiaz

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »

I played on Saturday and Sunday...went 3-0 and took an intentional draw in round 4 both days for a final record of 3-0-1. Due to tiebreaker points, I took 2nd place on Saturday but took 1st on Sunday. I chose Blue on Saturday and had 2 of the Serpents that can't attack unless you bounce an enchantment (but all  of the enchantments in my deck let me draw a card when they come into play or were bestow creatures) and I kept triggering heroic. I chose Green on Sunday.

Very nice. What did you get for prizes? Did you happen to pull any money cards?

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »

I can't wait to finally be able to sell my foil playset of Nacatls!

how much do you want for them?  the art is hideous, but I am a sucker for shinies.

hoobs88

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 04:10:20 AM »

I took home 12 packs for the weekend (prizes were based on your record so I got 6 packs for 3-0-1 for each event). I'm saving them to draft with. I have horrible luck opening money cards. My card pool on Sunday was nothing but bulk rares...Astral Cornucopia, Hero's Podium (I didn't have a single Legendary creature).

hoobs88

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »
how much do you want for them?  the art is hideous, but I am a sucker for shinies.

I think 2 of them are alternate art promos. I'll have to double check when I get home and I'll PM you the details.

munchiaz

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 05:08:28 AM »

I took home 12 packs for the weekend (prizes were based on your record so I got 6 packs for 3-0-1 for each event). I'm saving them to draft with. I have horrible luck opening money cards. My card pool on Sunday was nothing but bulk rares...Astral Cornucopia, Hero's Podium (I didn't have a single Legendary creature).

Did you happen to check out my new deck idea based on Master of cruelties.

munchiaz

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 06:10:18 AM »
So today is the official release of Born Of The Gods. Buying a box today, and i hope i pull at least 1 Mogis,God of Slaughter

munchiaz

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
Went to the pre release event Friday for born of the gods. Things were going well when it started. Pulled a Mogis, and was 2-0. Then i lost the last game, so didn;t get any prizes. Was pretty upset, because lately i have been getting so close to winning, but just not getting the win.

Today there was a two headed giant sealed event, that me and my twin brother played in. We ended up winning the event going 4-0. Won 16 packs, and this amazing play mat, that we are going to alternate owning each year.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:50:10 PM by munchiaz »