Author Topic: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game  (Read 3780 times)

Bardoly

Re: Magic The Gathering: The trading card game
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »
 :-k :-k :-k

What to play..., what to play... for tonight's FNM?

munchiaz

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
Im moving so im taking a little break from magic for awhile. Still will play casually though

Bardoly

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Well, for Game Day last Saturday, I pulled out my old black-with-a-splash-of-blue Dimir deck and went 3-0 for the first 3 rounds before losing the last 2 rounds to end 3-2.   ](*,)

Bardoly

« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
Took first place in Draft this week at FNM with a red/green aggro deck.  :)
Some highlights of the deck were:
3 Satyr Hoplights
1 6th pick foil Satyr Firedrinker
1 Fanatic of Xenagos - This card won the most games for me.
1 Xenagos the Reveler
0 Golden Hinds - I never saw any.   :|
My main board only had two 4-drops: Anvilwrought Raptor & Xenagos the Reveler.  Everything else was 1 to 3-drops.
One game, I used a Karametra's Favor imbued Satyr Hoplight to add white mana to my mana pool so as to be able to sacrifice my Priest of Iroas to destroy a big bad enchanted enchantment creature.   :mrgreen:

hoobs88

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »
Took first place in Draft this week at FNM with a red/green aggro deck.  :)
Some highlights of the deck were:
3 Satyr Hoplights
1 6th pick foil Satyr Firedrinker
1 Fanatic of Xenagos - This card won the most games for me.
1 Xenagos the Reveler
0 Golden Hinds - I never saw any.   :|
My main board only had two 4-drops: Anvilwrought Raptor & Xenagos the Reveler.  Everything else was 1 to 3-drops.
One game, I used a Karametra's Favor imbued Satyr Hoplight to add white mana to my mana pool so as to be able to sacrifice my Priest of Iroas to destroy a big bad enchanted enchantment creature.   :mrgreen:

Nice! Congrats! I've been pretty unimpressed with draft lately but I'm looking forward to drafting with Conspiracy next weekend.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bardoly

« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Yeah, my local shop is running Conspiracy drafts all day this coming Saturday, so I'm hoping to get in 1 or 2 drafts, as it looks fun.

munchiaz

« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:39 PM »
i havent been able to play for the past few weeks, been moving, and finally got moved into the new house.
Hopefully i can start playing again soon

Bardoly

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2014, 01:15:31 PM »
So, who is going to draft Conspiracy this weekend?

I'm still trying to figure out Lore Seeker.  It adds a pack to the draft.  I completely understand the mechanics, but the question is who pays for the extra pack?  Since this format is non sanctioned, and prizes will be difficult to assign, since any 2-3 players should be able to knock any other single player out of the game, figuring out how to pay for extra Lore Seeker packs and who pays for them is quite confusing to me.  It anyone has any ideas, please enlighten me.

hoobs88

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »
So, who is going to draft Conspiracy this weekend?

I'm still trying to figure out Lore Seeker.  It adds a pack to the draft.  I completely understand the mechanics, but the question is who pays for the extra pack?  Since this format is non sanctioned, and prizes will be difficult to assign, since any 2-3 players should be able to knock any other single player out of the game, figuring out how to pay for extra Lore Seeker packs and who pays for them is quite confusing to me.  It anyone has any ideas, please enlighten me.

I am hoping that they have a rules insert in the box to elaborate on stuff like that (haven't checked the Wizards site yet to see if there is an FAQ). We'll probably make up our own "house rules" when we draft at my buddy's house tomorrow but when I go to local stores on Saturday & Sunday, they will need to be ready for those questions.

Bardoly

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2014, 04:28:34 AM »
My local store said that the Conspiracy drafts are all 'casual' games, or non-sanctioned, and so, while their rules guy will gladly oversee pods who want to play, the interaction on things like this will all be between the players.

An interesting question is, since most out-of-print booster packs are more expensive, I assume that most of the time Lore Seeker comes out, people will only be adding Conspiracy packs and/or packs currently in Standard to the draft...  Another thought is that since this is for casual play, maybe some people will be adding Unglued/Unhinged packs into the draft.   8)

Bardoly

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2014, 06:27:12 AM »
Well, for FNM last Friday, I wanted to play Standard, because Grand Prix Chicago is this coming weekend, and I've been planning to go, so I wanted to get some Standard games in.  Unfortunately, I had no time beforehand to play/practice, so I ripped through my Dimir deck and turned it into my own version of mono-black (think Liliana and Squelching Leeches).  I got hosed 2-0, so I dropped just in time to join the Journey/Born/Theros draft.  I took second place, and I feel that I would have taken first if I had been more up on the rules.  :(  (Basically Crystalline Nautilus is useless.  I had a Prognostic Sphinx, and I thought that Crystalline Nautilus would be safe to play on it, but alas, it was not.  :(  )  Oh well, I won a few packs, and I got a copy of the cool foil promo card - Dissolve.

Is anyone here planning to participate in Grand Prix Chicago?

hoobs88

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »
Well, for FNM last Friday, I wanted to play Standard, because Grand Prix Chicago is this coming weekend, and I've been planning to go, so I wanted to get some Standard games in.  Unfortunately, I had no time beforehand to play/practice, so I ripped through my Dimir deck and turned it into my own version of mono-black (think Liliana and Squelching Leeches).  I got hosed 2-0, so I dropped just in time to join the Journey/Born/Theros draft.  I took second place, and I feel that I would have taken first if I had been more up on the rules.  :(  (Basically Crystalline Nautilus is useless.  I had a Prognostic Sphinx, and I thought that Crystalline Nautilus would be safe to play on it, but alas, it was not.  :(  )  Oh well, I won a few packs, and I got a copy of the cool foil promo card - Dissolve.

Is anyone here planning to participate in Grand Prix Chicago?

I'm not near Chicago but I was thinking of attending Grand Prix Worcester. It is Modern format so I was going to play my own version of Birthing Pod.

Bardoly

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2014, 05:28:32 AM »
Is anyone going to the 2014 Comic Con in San Diego?

I would LOVE to be able to get this.

If anyone is going and can help me in getting one of these, please let me know.   :pray: :pray: :pray:

hoobs88

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »
Is anyone going to the 2014 Comic Con in San Diego?

I would LOVE to be able to get this.

If anyone is going and can help me in getting one of these, please let me know.   :pray: :pray: :pray:

Looks like the San Diego Comic Con is going to be doing this every year. Last year's boxes were selling on ebay for around $700.

Bardoly

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »
By the way, what color are people choosing as the best color for the M15 prerelease this weekend?  The black promo card looks awesome, but I've read good things about white, red, and green (not blue).