Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2130 times)

Tatsujin

Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.

Huh? No comprende

Huh? what's not to comprendre?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

xelement5x

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
I used to use hit-japan for awhile, then I sent him one offer (maybe 30% off but it was super overpriced) and he responded "Is this a joke?" and I was like f*ck that dude I will take my business elsewhere.  DragonmasterDan has an even more epic story than I about him I believe.

Anyway, after that I used Yamatoku for awhile, but at this point I'm more likely to just buy stuff from Japan using a proxy anymore.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
Hit Japan/Game of Japan guy came into the old flashchat a couple times to say hi to the pce folks and thanks for the business. I haven't bought anything from them in a while though.... Yeah everything is too damn expensive on ebay. They pretty much show you the average prices when you list stuff and suggest price points so. There's really no deals to be had anymore on there unless you want some obscure/unwanted shit.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

toymachine78

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
I used to use hit-japan for awhile, then I sent him one offer (maybe 30% off but it was super overpriced) and he responded "Is this a joke?" and I was like f*ck that dude I will take my business elsewhere.  DragonmasterDan has an even more epic story than I about him I believe.

Anyway, after that I used Yamatoku for awhile, but at this point I'm more likely to just buy stuff from Japan using a proxy anymore.

I agree! I bought my junk drive from him to fix my turbo CD. I offended him by negotiating over price and asking him specific questions about the drive. He banned my username, but since he was the only one selling junk drives I had to create another eBay id just to buy from him.

Once I had an established record with other JP sellers,  I asked him to unban me and he did. I told him to look at my history and that business could be his lol

TR0N

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
Still great service with hit-japan but prices have been going up.Not to mention,it's worse if you want to buy sfc games cib  :shock: While loose of course is the cheaper option.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

gbapalyer

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
The trick is to order multiple items with offers. Usually he will bite and cut the deal you want. If you say go after 1 item and send an offer that is over  20-25% off he'll flat out deny it. Also this time of the year he jacks up the prices on almost all BIN with offers.

Agreed!

dito :)
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »
what's happening?

www.pcedaisakusen.net

spenoza

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.

Huh? No comprende

Yeah, I can't understand what you were trying to say, either. Mind making another go at it?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Tatsujin

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »

Huh? No comprende

Yeah, I can't understand what you were trying to say, either. Mind making another go at it?

lol, I tried to say that the amount of retro game stuff became somehow less during the past few years here in japan. so that might have an impact on export prices as well.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

toymachine78

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
 :lol: much better tats!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
Noticed that as well with hit-japan; he's been refusing pretty reasonable offers from me (maybe asking for 15% off in some cases at most). Yamatoku has always been my favorite seller on eBay simply because he starts auctions low and let's the market dictate. You can still get good deals there as long as you're bidding on games that the snerds stay away from.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

TR0N

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bonknuts

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 05:42:48 AM »

Huh? No comprende

lol, I tried to say that the amount of retro game stuff became somehow less during the past few years here in japan. so that might have an impact on export prices as well.

I understood you the first time.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »
Years of experience have made us fluent in Tatsujinese.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bloufo

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 06:14:46 AM »
In the early days bivari (hit-japan) was an a$$hole and more. At least the couple times I bought stuff from him he had a crap attitude and even worse (s-l-o-w) service.
He seems to have upped his game from those days. Although, as some here have mentioned, you gotta be careful how you interact with this dude. He's liable to block you on a whim.