Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2154 times)

Otaking

What happened to hit-japan?
« on: February 07, 2014, 09:52:15 AM »
What happened to seller hit-japan? their prices used to be by far the cheapest on eBay.
A couple of years back I used to buy tons of import games from them but now their prices are just silly.  :-k
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:54:00 AM by HardcoreOtaku »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »
f*cktard collectors made them realize they can get more wangbang for their f*ckbuck.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

toymachine78

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:13:33 PM »
He's ok, he gets his panties in a wad VERY easily, so you have to be careful how you interact with him. He will ban you in a minute.

The trick is to make him offers, he'll usually work out a pretty good deal with you. He recently sold me Valis 3 and 4 for $35, which I thought was a great deal.

Peter Rabbit Hamu is another good seller.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:19:53 PM by toymachine78 »

GohanX

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »
Yeah, you can always take a few bucks off with an offer if it's a common item. I just ordered a great condition Ys 4 from him for 12 bucks, which isn't a steal but isn't half bad.

Trenton_net

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:29 PM »
In my humble opinion, most items from ebay are a rip now days. Not like the old days where you could get a good deal. Instead now speculators, eBay fees, PayPal fees ruin it for everyone.

toymachine78

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »
Well Valis 3 was 19.99, and Valois 4 was 29.99. He dropped 3 to $15 and 4 to $20. I find he makes much better deals if you buy multiple items.

Mzo

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
I usually go for the yamatoku auctions; they always start at a penny.

I actually just got PC Engine Princess Maker <3 and PS Unjammer Lammy at a penny each, plus shipping.  You guys should also check out Arcade-Gear.com.  Mike doesn't have prices listed anymore, or even regular updates (lol) but he is a great guy who only deals in near mint/mint, complete, spine card games at very reasonable prices.

PS - Don't go blowing up my spots.

monads

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
The trick is to make him offers, he'll usually work out a pretty good deal with you.

Peter Rabbit Hamu is another good seller.

Ordered from both.  Yes, make reasonable offers.  Items I've received from both sellers were top-notch as advertised and wouldn't hesitate to order from again in the future.

pulstar

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
Yeah, I would always try and buy a few games at a time from Hit-Japan. They're always willing to do deals and I've never once paid a customs charge on anything they sent me :D
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Tatsujin

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

TheClash603

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 06:21:07 AM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.

Tats bought a Japanese landfill for storage purposes, it has killed the importing scene.

toymachine78

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 06:22:34 AM »

Huh? No comprende

Senshi

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 06:50:04 AM »

Huh? No comprende

ya just gotta roll with it  :lol:
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
The trick is to order multiple items with offers. Usually he will bite and cut the deal you want. If you say go after 1 item and send an offer that is over  20-25% off he'll flat out deny it. Also this time of the year he jacks up the prices on almost all BIN with offers.

toymachine78

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »
The trick is to order multiple items with offers. Usually he will bite and cut the deal you want. If you say go after 1 item and send an offer that is over  20-25% off he'll flat out deny it. Also this time of the year he jacks up the prices on almost all BIN with offers.

Agreed!