Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2136 times)

Otaking

Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 07:32:49 AM »
I still think hit-japan prices over last year or so have gone really high.
Even if the game has a best offer option the initial buy it now price is 3-4 times the going rate.
Maybe it's only with Snerd games I haven't really checked the prices on other formats other than AES.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 08:12:51 AM »
I still think hit-japan prices over last year or so have gone really high.
Even if the game has a best offer option the initial buy it now price is 3-4 times the going rate.
Maybe it's only with Snerd games I haven't really checked the prices on other formats other than AES.

I've seen Japanese FF games and Chrono Trigger copies going for $30-40 each on occasion between Hit Japan and some others...I bought FF4-6 and CT for the Super Fami less than a year ago for like 15 bucks total. It's insane what's happened in such a short time.

Otaking

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »
Yamatoku has always been my favorite seller on eBay simply because he starts auctions low and let's the market dictate.
I bid on his auctions every now and then but I've never won any.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Yamatoku has always been my favorite seller on eBay simply because he starts auctions low and let's the market dictate.
I bid on his auctions every now and then but I've never won any.

Sort by date ending soonest and snipe - sniping is shitty but it works. You almost have to these days

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Tatsujin

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.

Huh? No comprende

Huh? what's not to comprendre?

Yeah, I can't understand what you were trying to say, either. Mind making another go at it?

lol, I tried to say that the amount of retro game stuff became somehow less during the past few years here in japan. so that might have an impact on export prices as well.

I understood you the first time.

HAHAHA..thx bro :D

Years of experience have made us fluent in Tatsujinese.

skill comes with practice :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Opethian

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 02:55:06 AM »

HET-JAPAN

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

shubibiman

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »

I've seen Japanese FF games and Chrono Trigger copies going for $30-40 each on occasion between Hit Japan and some others...

Really?! OMG! SNERDS are so f*cking retarded !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Otaking

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »

I've seen Japanese FF games and Chrono Trigger copies going for $30-40 each on occasion between Hit Japan and some others...

Really?! OMG! SNERDS are so f*cking retarded !

I wouldn't pay prices like $30-$40 for a Japanese FF or Chrono Trigger but I am a major Snerd and proud of it.

spenoza

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
one must also say that games got in generally less and therefore more expensive here in the japan fields as well. i might assume that this will have a price impact on most of the the export shops.

Huh? No comprende

Huh? what's not to comprendre?

Yeah, I can't understand what you were trying to say, either. Mind making another go at it?

lol, I tried to say that the amount of retro game stuff became somehow less during the past few years here in japan. so that might have an impact on export prices as well.

OK, now I get what you were saying. Thanks for clarifying. Do you think the Japanese law affecting resale of older electronics maybe hurt the Japanese market for retro goods?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

MotherGunner

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
This has been ongoing for quite some time now and only getting worse.  (I did eventually pick up Coryoon for $140 shipped via private transaction Btw).

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13477.msg268147#msg268147
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

toymachine78

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »
I dunno. I think you have to work with him. Like I said, he recently sold me valis 3 and 4 for $35. His list was 50 for both

bishopcruz

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »
I got some fair prices off of him just recently, like a tennokoe for under $5, when I bought a bunch of stuff at once. What pisses me off is that I paid for EMS and he sent it Special Service Mail, whatever the hell that is. Not cool at all.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
OK, now I get what you were saying. Thanks for clarifying. Do you think the Japanese law affecting resale of older electronics maybe hurt the Japanese market for retro goods?
IIRC, that law was actually considered back in 2006 but wound up being dropped.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Dicer

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »
I just started getting things from them, seems if I put in an offer basically knocking off the cost of shipping they accept it...YMMV of course.

Just scored R-type complete, happy with that.

megatron-uk

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:13 PM »
I've never had a problem with hit-japan in terms of the condition of the items or shipping - it's always been very accurate, well packed and prompt. You're right, they're not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

Just bought Cyber Knight ($5), Magicoal ($15), Fang of Alnam ($10), Xanadu I ($8) and Sol Moonarge ($10) from him - I paid about 50% - 75% of the asking price on all of them and he accepted. I don't think that's a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:53:20 PM by megatron-uk »