Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2152 times)

wolfman

Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
What happened to seller hit-japan? their prices used to be by far the cheapest on eBay.
A couple of years back I used to buy tons of import games from them but now their prices are just silly.  :-k

Cool avatar!
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:53 PM »
I've bought several games and accessories for PS1 and PCE from Hit Japan. Packaging was good, and the condition of the items was very good. Not far from the excellent packaging and item condition of Arcade-gear.com, however AG benefits from outstanding customer support and friendly staff.

On the other hand I had rather negative experiences with sellers within Europe.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:31:29 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

GohanX

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 04:47:20 AM »
I just want a seller that will throw a ton of loose good hucards in a small box and not charge $50 shopping.

Black Tiger

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
I just want a seller that will throw a ton of loose good hucards in a small box and not charge $50 shopping.

Avoid ryoplanshop then. They refuse to combine shipping and use a service which doesn't display the postage. The last time I bought a handful of mostly cheap games from them, shipping wound up being $48. I only bought the cheap games to save on shipping a secret santa purchase.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »

Avoid ryoplanshop then. They refuse to combine shipping and use a service which doesn't display the postage. The last time I bought a handful of mostly cheap games from them, shipping wound up being $48. I only bought the cheap games to save on shipping a secret santa purchase.

Man, thanks for the heads up.  I still would have weighed it to get an idea, EMS rates are high but $50 for a couple of games is nuts.  For $50 I would expect it at my door in 2 days.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Black Tiger

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »

Man, thanks for the heads up.  I still would have weighed it to get an idea, EMS rates are high but $50 for a couple of games is nuts.  For $50 I would expect it at my door in 2 days.

Well, they do throw in a free packet of green tea. :wink:

bishopcruz

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
Well, looks like my games should be in within the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow if I'm lucky. Hope to god the Tennokoe works though, I need the space badly. Still, I am annoyed it took so long, it was a few days late and I paid extra for EMS. This is the first time I have ever had EMS take more than a week, hell it was the first time it took more than about 4 days.

Still at least it looks like it's coming. If I had another lost package from Japan I think I would scream.

mossman43

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
I dealt with him quite a few times before and never had a problem. I recently offered him $200 for his MC and he countered with $330 + $12 shipping and stated that he wouldn't go any lower. Nowhere near the deals I used to get from him!

jperryss

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 02:51:23 AM »
Wow. What happened with the PCE version of MC? It was about $120 complete three years ago, maybe $180 a year ago (and many copies rotting on eBay around the $200 mark). Right now I only see one for almost $400.

Black Tiger

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »
Wow. What happened with the PCE version of MC? It was about $120 complete three years ago, maybe $180 a year ago (and many copies rotting on eBay around the $200 mark). Right now I only see one for almost $400.

It goes for $175 - $250 on eBay now. Ever since the Turbo version got out of control. Dynastic Hero has gone from $5 - $15 to never selling because sellers ask too much now. Just goes to show that it isn't about supply and demand.

rtyper

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 10:09:15 PM »
i remember reading a thread/comments on here about a 80% new pc engine multi-tap
that really had me in stitches. HJ has it's fair shair of junk, but this shows how low some
sellers will go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Interface-Unit-IFU-30-CD-ROM-PC-Engine-Console-System-JAPAN-0926-/310765174313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485b0c3e29#ht_12675wt_1124
scroll down for the better pictures.
I suppose if the rom2 system works you could swap the innards over to a better looker.

Tatsujin

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 10:22:27 PM »
85% NEW!!

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 03:04:07 AM »
85% NEW!!

HOLY SHITE!

Someone better link to the olde threade so newbies will know the trü storie behind that sacred 3-player tap.

Also, I am so disappointed with myself for not buying that when I had a chance. What a stupid act of frugality (to deny myself a piece of TurboHistory).

Trü storie.
  |    | 

bishopcruz

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »
What the hell? Was it attacked by killer flan or something?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »

Well, they do throw in a free packet of green tea. :wink:

My friendo bet me $10 I wouldn't actually drink it when I got one with an order, totally did. Tasted meh. :3