Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2151 times)

Tatsujin

Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »
I just want a seller that will throw a ton of loose good hucards in a small box and not charge $50 shopping.

Avoid ryoplanshop then. They refuse to combine shipping and use a service which doesn't display the postage. The last time I bought a handful of mostly cheap games from them, shipping wound up being $48. I only bought the cheap games to save on shipping a secret santa purchase.

Man, thanks for the heads up.  I still would have weighed it to get an idea, EMS rates are high but $50 for a couple of games is nuts.  For $50 I would expect it at my door in 2 days.

Well, they do throw in a free packet of green tea. :wink:

My friendo bet me $10 I wouldn't actually drink it when I got one with an order, totally did. Tasted meh. :3

your mother is meh :3
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:32 AM »
HJ has it's fair shair of junk, but this shows how low some sellers will go: dirty/damaged/yellowed beefcase

I see no "low" behavior, as they're described as being in poor condition and the pics make it painfully obvious.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HailingTheThings

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »
I just want a seller that will throw a ton of loose good hucards in a small box and not charge $50 shopping.

Avoid ryoplanshop then. They refuse to combine shipping and use a service which doesn't display the postage. The last time I bought a handful of mostly cheap games from them, shipping wound up being $48. I only bought the cheap games to save on shipping a secret santa purchase.

Man, thanks for the heads up.  I still would have weighed it to get an idea, EMS rates are high but $50 for a couple of games is nuts.  For $50 I would expect it at my door in 2 days.

Well, they do throw in a free packet of green tea. :wink:

My friendo bet me $10 I wouldn't actually drink it when I got one with an order, totally did. Tasted meh. :3

your mother is meh :3

I do believe you would be safe in your assumption.  :clap:

MotherGunner

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 09:13:35 AM »
So can we agree that what happened to Hit-Japan is that the Japanese who work there are hitting it?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

GohanX

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
Isn't everyone? That bitch has been around the block more times than the mailman.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

rtyper

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 05:08:43 AM »
HJ has it's fair shair of junk, but this shows how low some sellers will go: dirty/damaged/yellowed beefcase

I see no "low" behavior, as they're described as being in poor condition and the pics make it painfully obvious.

If I saw this at a garage sale I wouldn't stop to look at anything else the seller had.
Considering the advertised rom2 system was smashed and looked like I shit on it,
have they no shame.  One can only wonder what other delights they are holding back for sale,
perhaps a half eaten sandwich from the dumpster where they found this crap.
It all reflects back on the seller and how desperate they are for the dollars.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:32:49 AM by rtyper »

Tatsujin

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2014, 09:19:57 AM »
the shuttle he also has in stock dosent look so shaby.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Visually unappealing consoles and accessories can be a fine source for spare parts.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

rtyper

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
certainly can, as i said (if you are willing to take a chance on this at $195.00 excluding p+p)
and the rom2 unit works ok, is swapping out the insides a big job ?
however, a very nice (working/refurbished) unit can be had for less than $100 + p&p if you shop around   

IrishNinja

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
damn, had no idea hit-japan was that quick to ban...when i was buying saturn imports, i'd offer like 60-65% of his asking price, and after messaging him to say i was buying a lot, he let every one of em through.  shipping took a while, but everything showed up as promised.

as Mzo & others said, ive had better deals from Yamamatokus...thing is, with shipping prices you end up wanting to grab a few things to make it worth it.
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

zborgerd

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:29 AM »
I've always had a good experience with Hit-Japan.  His BIN prices are a bit high, but I tend to just throw about a half a dozen offers at one time, between 50%-75% of the BIN price for what is listed.  Depends upon the game and the current average prices.  He's more likely to work with you if you are buying several items.  Everything is always well-packed and in good condition.  I've only had one or two CD games that were a bit lower quality than what I'd normally expect, but still not bad.

Might also depend upon the time of day.  I always make offers in the mid evening, which would be late morning in Japan.  It's easier to work with someone when they haven't had to deal with all of the usual BS of the day.

I've only purchased from Yamatoku one one occasion.  No real problems either.  I like that he does bid auctions on most items.  I ordered a CoreGrafx from him a year ago and it literally arrived from Japan in two days.  I was shocked at how fast it was.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »
Couple years ago Yamatoku EMS'd a 30 lb. box of systems and games to me in 3 days. Insane!

Ray

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »
Couple years ago Yamatoku EMS'd a 30 lb. box of systems and games to me in 3 days. Insane!

Shipping overall is incredibly fast in Japan. Even from Hokkaido it only usually only takes 2 days for a package to leave the country, yet when it gets here it stays in customs for a week, with a chance of up to €40 in customs charges. Thankfully most of the sellers I deal with mark packages as gifts, but I did get unlucky a few times.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »

Shipping overall is incredibly fast in Japan. Even from Hokkaido it only usually only takes 2 days for a package to leave the country, yet when it gets here it stays in customs for a week, with a chance of up to €40 in customs charges. Thankfully most of the sellers I deal with mark packages as gifts, but I did get unlucky a few times.

Customs in Russia is the worst. I sold my Macbook Pro to a guy in Moscow and he had to pay off someone at customs for them to release it. After like 4 weeks of them holding it.