Author Topic: What happened to hit-japan?  (Read 2122 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: What happened to hit-japan?
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »
I have always had good dealings with him. Bought a PSX, a few PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and Saturn games. Got it all for a good price to. Two Years ago I was buying N64 games from him, and he forgot to ship one of the games I bought, he refunded the money for the game and still sent it.       

Wow, he must like you err something. :3

rag-time4

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »
I recently made an offer on a $24 piece for $19 and he denied me. A few days later he marked it down to $19.20. ?
So I made an offer for $15.55 since he denied me earlier. I figured what the hell.
Anyways he denied me again and sent me a message telling me that I had a bad manner.
LMAO!
Sounds like he may have changed the price on that one just for you. I think I'm gonna agree with him on this one.

I agree with everyone who mentions buying in bulk. A couple years back I bought a dozen or so games and each one was a best offer he accepted.

I did have an issue with a console I bought from him, but he accepted a return on it.

Making best offers on single items probably won't yield very good results. Much better to make offers on several at once.

MrBroadway

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
I have always had good dealings with him. Bought a PSX, a few PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and Saturn games. Got it all for a good price to. Two Years ago I was buying N64 games from him, and he forgot to ship one of the games I bought, he refunded the money for the game and still sent it.       

Wow, he must like you err something. :3
When he sent me something broken, he told me he'd refund me the money if I removed the negative feedback (after no response from him). Then he blocked me. Sucks, but I'm glad that more and more people are realizing how douchy he can be.

Bardoly

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »
I have ordered 3-4 times from him, and he's always treated me fairly.  I would order from him again.

Trenton_net

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
Usually I buy on Yahoo Japan and not Ebay, but I decided jump on the band wagon just for fun. I offered around 1100 Yen for Lemmings when his price on Ebay was about 2200-2100 Yen. The price I offered is exactly what I would pay BIN for the game on Yahoo and he rejected it.

I did not link him to the Yahoo Japan seller out of politeness,  but I could tell that he's not exactly aware of his pricing. However, if you go slightly under his ask ($4-$6 about), he'll likely accept. The big thing is, he rarely communicates to you or follows up on things if something happens, so if your looking for 'service' you probably won't get it.

You definitely can get better deals if you know a bit of Japanese. When I was bargaining with him, I always provided my offers in Yen (with dollar value) just to politely remind him what price he's choosing to accept or reject.

Dicer

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »
Always lowballed by $4-$8 bucks on what he puts up and he has generally accepted...or I cut the price of shipping. only had him reject once and counter another time.

Halted my buying for now, but never had an issue with him as a seller.

roflmao

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »
I've ordered from hit-japan a ton of times, and have always been happy.  But it's been awhile since my last purchase from him and I've noticed his prices are getting a lot higher.  I'm guessing his reputation has grown and he doesn't have to accept low-ball offers anymore because of all the people that pay asking price these days.  I'm glad we had him as such a good resource for as long as we did, but all good things come to an end.  :(

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
Strange.  I still buy from him quite a bit, only been turned down a couple times.  I've had some quality issues a couple times, and they always handled it promptly.  Both cases ended up me being refunded and keeping the item.

wolfman

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »
I recently bought a PCE mouse from hitjapan. It was packaged well, but as soon as I unpacked it and clicked each button, it was obvious that one of them didn't work. I confirmed it with a game and was lucky enough to be able to fix it with help from this forum.

The "stuck button" issue?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »
I offered around 1100 Yen for Lemmings when his price on Ebay was about 2200-2100 Yen. The price I offered is exactly what I would pay BIN for the game on Yahoo and he rejected it.

I did not link him to the Yahoo Japan seller out of politeness,  but I could tell that he's not exactly aware of his pricing.

I bet he is aware, aware that we have to pay double shipping and deputy service fees to buy stuff off of yahoo japan.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

wolfman

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2014, 03:06:36 AM »
I bet he is aware, aware that we have to pay double shipping and deputy service fees to buy stuff off of yahoo japan.

I´ll second that, been thinking that for myself too. At least I know what it can cost you to buy via proxy services if you´re not cautious...
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »
I recently made an offer on a $24 piece for $19 and he denied me. A few days later he marked it down to $19.20. ?
So I made an offer for $15.55 since he denied me earlier. I figured what the hell.
Anyways he denied me again and sent me a message telling me that I had a bad manner.
LMAO!
Sounds like he may have changed the price on that one just for you. I think I'm gonna agree with him on this one.

You might be right. But he should have contacted me in my opinion. In all honesty it wasn't that important and I at first was a bit put off by it. I've dealt with him for years now and never had an issue. And no issues since this either.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
Well I off and on buy from this seller, but YES his prices have gone silly high.

Case in point famicom licks (little Samson) use to be around $45 $80 boxed. Be the prices loose are equal or higher then the pal version...drives me made because I still need this one....sigh.

TR0N

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »
Well I off and on buy from this seller, but YES his prices have gone silly high.

Case in point famicom licks (little Samson) use to be around $45 $80 boxed. Be the prices loose are equal or higher then the pal version...drives me made because I still need this one....sigh.
I bought a japanese (Little Samson) loose last year on ebay while it wasn't dirt cheap,it's better then paying the price for the u.s version.Though lately hit-japan prices have gone bat-shit insane on some games.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rag-time4

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
LMAO!

You might be right. But he should have contacted me in my opinion. In all honesty it wasn't that important and I at first was a bit put off by it. I've dealt with him for years now and never had an issue. And no issues since this either.
Yeah I hear you. If he's gonna take the time to adjust the price for you, may as well send you a message. Maybe it's tough for a seller with so much inventory to do that. Would have been better though for sure. In the end, he annoyed a possible buyer and didn't sell the item.