Author Topic: Is it possible to mod a TurboBooster for RGB out?  (Read 196 times)

glazball

Is it possible to mod a TurboBooster for RGB out?
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:58:45 AM »
  I've been obsessed with getting RGB out of all my old systems.  I'm usually against modifying a system, and since I don't have a spare TG, I'm curious if it would be possible to modify a TurboBooster to output higher quality AV?  RGB preferably, or component or S-video.

I don't know much about the insides of the TurboBooster, but I'd certainly feel a lot better about modding it and leaving the TG console itself untouched.  Perhaps it would easy?  Perhaps it's a giant pain in the ass?   Perhaps it's not even possible?  I dunno...

If it is possible, I'd be glad to pay for modding services.  Ideally, I'd like to hook it up via RGB through the Framemeister.  Thanks for any info!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

thesteve

Re: Is it possible to mod a TurboBooster for RGB out?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 07:24:31 AM »
It's possible and easy
Component also possible

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

glazball

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
And no modification to the console would be required?  What's inside the TurboBooster exactly?  Can't find any pics of the insides.  There must be a video chip which would allow you to pull off the RGB lines before they get sent combined into composite?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm not very good with this stuff!

turbokon

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
I have modified ifu and tg dock for component video out so it's the same with the booster. No need to mod the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

glazball

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
Interesting link, thanks Nullity.  I'm really eager to see the Turbo via RGB!

Turbokon, I'll likely be hitting you up in a month or two for the TurboBooster mod.  I've also been wanting to get my Express recapped and a 3" screen, so I may send them together.  Thanks!

Fidde_se

GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

Fidde_se

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:12:49 AM »
Super Bumping old stuff...

GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM