Author Topic: Ten No Koe Bank Sitting at Black Screen After Hitting Run.  (Read 211 times)

greedostick

Ten No Koe Bank Sitting at Black Screen After Hitting Run.
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
My Ten No Koe Bank was working 2 days ago on my friends Japanese Turbo Duo. I received my briefcase unit today and wanted to load up some old save files and I just can't get this thing to work. It must work on a PC Engine Briefcase Setup because my exact setup is on the front of the manual. The card boots up fine. But after I press run on the title screen I am left with nothing but a black screen. Tried multiple times.

So I pulled the top off this thing and was happy to see it uses a standard cr2032 battery, and there is no corrosion. I haven't soldered a new one in yet because the tabs are weird. I'm going to have to rig something up tomorrow.

I am going to replace the battery now that I have it up. But I am really feeling like maybe my card isn't working because I forget how to use it. I tried pressing other buttons at the title with no evail. Tried with a CD in the console, then no cd in, then with the cd unit turned off. No dice.

Any suggestions?

Fidde_se

Re: Ten No Koe Bank Sitting at Black Screen After Hitting Run.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
It's unusual to take that plastic top off, send us some pics of how that looks.

And yes it should work just as good in the Briefcase as in the Duo.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:07:07 AM »
Just spitballing here:

1)  Is the ram okay in the beefcase?  Perhaps it's corrupt and needs reformatting, making the tennokoe choke when it tries to read it.
2)  Has it been region modded, leaving the huey slot low on power?  I presume the tennokoe hueys draw more power like a flash cart.
3)  Maybe it and/or the system's slot needs a good cleaning.
4)  Sacrifice a goat (or three chickens) to the Lamia.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

greedostick

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:26 AM »
The first thing I did was format the memory on the console when I received.

Here are some pictures of the card opened up. I used a thick nail file to pry the top off. The top has this super sticky adhesive holding it on. It's a standard CR2032 Lithium battery. I normally install holders in all my games but this one won't fit a holder obviously, and the tabs are spot welded to the batteries. I had to carefully take a knife and pull those tabs off without damaging them. I'm usually not one to use electrical tape, but it may be the best fix for these. Alternatively, I suppose you could take the tabs off and bend the tabs on a tabbed battery to fit.

wolfman

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:43 AM »
The first thing I did was format the memory on the console when I received.

Here are some pictures of the card opened up. I used a thick nail file to pry the top off. The top has this super sticky adhesive holding it on. It's a standard CR2032 Lithium battery. I normally install holders in all my games but this one won't fit a holder obviously, and the tabs are spot welded to the batteries. I had to carefully take a knife and pull those tabs off without damaging them. I'm usually not one to use electrical tape, but it may be the best fix for these. Alternatively, I suppose you could take the tabs off and bend the tabs on a tabbed battery to fit.

Did you swap the batteries now? How did you fix the tabs?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROMĀ², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------