Author Topic: Adaptors to use Duo Controller on TG16 still being made?  (Read 645 times)

greedostick

Adaptors to use Duo Controller on TG16 still being made?
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »
I use to own a few of these back in the day to allow you to use a PC Engine controller on a TG16. I believe it was a female mini din to 8 pin male din adaptor. I looked on monoprice but can not find these. Does anyone know if these are sold online other than ebay?

Fidde_se

Re: Adaptors to use Duo Controller on TG16 still being made?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 05:30:54 AM »
No they are not definitely being made anymore, hasn't been for 20 years, someone might still be doing small quantities for other purposes though, as other products used the same connector.

But, when you search on eBay sometimes you don't search all eBay, some areas or parts of them are still not included, the DE and JP one seems to do that more then the others, so there are original ones still boxed out there.

Here's ones, pricey but hey.. and he as a lot of them.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/190713673579
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

greedostick

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 05:45:26 AM »
Yeah, I saw that auction. He obviously found a place that sells them. I'm not looking for a authentic turbo product. I just want a standard adaptor that probably wasn't even designed for what I want it for.

kale_criss

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
Check out retrogamecave.com they have some under their cable section for about 16.99 or so.

greedostick

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »
Thanks. That's still a bit much though. I'm sure monoprice or a similar seller has them for maybe a few bucks each. It's just a matter of finding the product in their massive inventory

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Keith Courage

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
Best option would be to get a pc engine tap and change the cable.

brianon

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
First off...hi :)

Sorry to drag up an old thread (especially as this is my first post :) ) but my question is pretty relevant.

I've been searching for an adapter to allow my PC Engine pad to work on my TG16.

retrogamecave.com seem to be on vacation right now and that ebay cable is the opposite of what I need.

Anyone else have success finding this adapter/cable ?

Brian.

crans

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
Best way would be to make your own but if you just want plug and play...

i have a PCE tap i can convert to TG this will give you 4 PCE ports out to one turbo connector. Cost would be $15 usd shipped to usa.

ModItAll.com

brianon

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
That sounds perfect. Little problem though.

I'm in Ireland. If your willing to post there then I'm willing to pay whatever the postage is. What do you reckon ?

Brian

crans

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 05:36:11 AM »
If you can do paypal im down.

Ill cover $3 of the shipping since that's about what it would cost to send it local. Can you PM me your address so we can see what total shipping is.

On a side note you can convert the PCE to turbo for far less then what this tap and shipping would cost. In USA local 8pin male solder connector is $0.69-2.00

If you have a solder iron or know some one who dose its as simple project as they get to chop and solder the new connector. Not sure if it has been documented in the form but i could make a new DIY post if its not.

ModItAll.com

brianon

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 06:04:18 AM »
I'll pm you there now.

As for a DIY... I have a solder iron and managed to mod my MegaDrive to add 50/60hz switch. I've bought some 8 pin male/female dins to do the job but the connectors are so small and my solder iron is only a cheap one. I can't see that ending well :)

hoobs88

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

Sorry to drag up an old thread (especially as this is my first post :) ) but my question is pretty relevant.

I've been searching for an adapter to allow my PC Engine pad to work on my TG16.

retrogamecave.com seem to be on vacation right now and that ebay cable is the opposite of what I need.

Brian.

Just swap out the PC Engine for a TG-16 cable... There's 5 screws on the back of the controller and the cable swap doesn't require soldering.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

crans

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »
that would work also but not sure if he has a turbo controller.

Ill get everything packed up and print shipping in the AM if you still need it if not just let me know i can send the funds back no problem.
ModItAll.com

brianon

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 02:30:13 AM »
Still need it thanks :)

I've one TurboPad w/multitap and one PC Engine pad.

I want a second pad so my daughter can play multiplayer with me.

I could buy another TurboPad but they are about twice the cost of a PC Engine pad. So this way I can just buy more PC Engine pads when I need them.

*Actually. You don't have a spare PC Engine pad I could buy do you ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:32:01 AM by brianon »

Ayce

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »

Brian.

Just swap out the PC Engine for a TG-16 cable... There's 5 screws on the back of the controller and the cable swap doesn't require soldering.

Does this work with the Avenue Pad 6?