Author Topic: Raffle - Altered Beast CD-Rom2-Winner is EvilEvoIX!!!  (Read 1017 times)

esteban

Re: Raffle - Altered Beast CD-Rom2-Winner is EvilEvoIX!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »
A very generous raffle. Hopefully, evilEvEx will finally play this game to confirm his suspicions (that hell is for children).
  |    | 

Dicer

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
Gratz on the win...

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »
I am very happy to have won this game.  I haven't played the CD version yet and I am looking forward to it.

I have a couple of loose HuCards that I don't need as well so I should get a raffle up to pay it forward.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »

I must say that it takes balls to opt in to a raffle for this game,

About the biggest pair you've ever done seen..!!! :dance:

Quote from: Black Tiger
I guess it's just heading straight to eBay along with his other raffle wins...

Oh now you are making things up to hurt me.....You've succeeded  :cry:.  My Handle on eBay is evilevo8, I have a 100% rating and will never sell this PCE stuff, it's an inexpensive game and we are supposed to enjoy it and then pass it along, it's an amazing idea and a grand gesture.

I just got the game and it is fun to play.  Very nice to see a Turbo Effort on this classic.  I have a Raffle going as well and if it goes well I'll do another.  I have won several games here and would like to pay it forward.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:32:38 PM by EvilEvoIX »

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Tatsujin

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »
lolagain????
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 01:39:14 PM »
Quote from: EvilEvoIX
Look at f*cking Altered Beast?  Why is that shittyness ignored?  Apples to Apples MD Vs. PCE.  Great Animation intro thanks to CD Rom, great voice over, then 8-bit shittyness.  What excuse is there?  Why couldn't the game look as good as the MD?  Look how choppy and darty the animation is?  The music sounds like it's coming from a Halmark Music Card.

I am very happy to have won this game.  I haven't played the CD version yet and I am looking forward to it.

That is a big contradiction there when compared to your prior comments, and I can understand why BT is calling you out for it.  Given what you said prior it does come off as a bit dickish and selfish to sign up and win this after you spent a paragraph prior trashing the game. No one should be entering raffles for games they don't like. But then again, given your entire history on the forum, I am surprised anyone is letting you enter raffles at all. At any rate, in the end though it is up to the raffle holder to decide what merits entry, whether it be maintaining good forum status, or not. It's their game, they can give it to whomever they want. If they want the guy who spent time trashing the game to have it, then so be it. Sucks, but it is what it is.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
Quote from: EvilEvoIX
Look at f*cking Altered Beast?  Why is that shittyness ignored?  Apples to Apples MD Vs. PCE.  Great Animation intro thanks to CD Rom, great voice over, then 8-bit shittyness.  What excuse is there?  Why couldn't the game look as good as the MD?  Look how choppy and darty the animation is?  The music sounds like it's coming from a Halmark Music Card.

That is a big contradiction there when compared to your prior comments, and I can understand why BT is calling you out for it.  Given what you said prior it does come off as a bit dickish and selfish to sign up and win this after you spent a paragraph prior trashing the game. No one should be entering raffles for games they don't like. But then again, given your entire history on the forum, I am surprised anyone is letting you enter raffles at all. At any rate, in the end though it is up to the raffle holder to decide what merits entry, whether it be maintaining good forum status, or not. It's their game, they can give it to whomever they want. If they want the guy who spent time trashing the game to have it, then so be it. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes, I pointed out that the game wasn't as good as the Genesis version.  I also pointed out that the Forgotten Worlds port on the Turbo is indeed better on the PCE without question, not even close.  I understand your two cents and have at it, but these are just opinions on things, not facts.  I won a raffle, it isn't the end of the world.  I am able to enter like you are and if a poster doesn't want me to enter then I won't.  My raffles, anyone can enter as long as they aren't resellers which I am sure you agree with.  That said this version of Altered Beast  I still enjoy as it is a different version and entirely new to me.  I celebrate the whole Era of gaming.   I see no contradiction in my post, I am happy to have won the game.  I am happy to have it in my turbo collection.  Who wouldn't be happy to win a turbo CD game? 

Most people agree that this particular port isn't as good as the MD, I will concede I wasn't very nice about it but since I am on a PCE site I am willing to drink the Kool-Aid and enjoy many hours of turbo gaming.

P.S. thanks again for the Turbo Duo R, it still works great and just took a marathon of Dynastic Hero, great game there, amazing music.  I'm now looking for the MW equivalent on the MD.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:51:10 PM by EvilEvoIX »

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »