Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014  (Read 2999 times)

chany60126

Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014
« on: May 01, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
You heard the rumors, you saw the flyers Turbo Fest is returning to Chicagoland!! The summertime classic is back with more fun and more games to play. Come take part in our exciting 5-player Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 94 tourney matches. Then try to navigate the treacherous obstacles Tatsujin throws your way in this high scoring shooter tournament. 

Tournament times are as follows:

Battle Lode Runner: 11 AM
Bomberman 94: 1 PM
Tatsujin: 3 PM

The event will take place July 12th in Lombard, IL at the Heron Point Convention Center. The address is 665 W. North Ave in Lombard. It is in the same parking zone as the Fairfield Inn. Lombard is located a couple of miles west of Chicago. Turbo Fest is part of a retro-gaming convention called the Video Game Summit (VGS). The show, as well as Turbo Fest, will run from 10 AM-6 PM. There will be many people selling retro games and many other tournaments for other consoles as well. Arcades will also be present.

Admission is $5, but the price is well worth the admission. Entrance into our tournaments is 100% free. We would love to meet fellow T-16 enthusiasts such as yourselves. 

In comparison to MGC, the VGS is smaller. However, you will find that the gaming area is very spacious and can do a great job accommodating the awesomeness that is Turbo Fest. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Come spend the day with your PCEFX brethren.

Let's keep the good times rolling!

SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

chany60126

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »
I also want to point out some of the cool things Chicago has to offer in terms of gaming.
First off, Galloping Ghost Arcade is an absolute MUST-SEE. It is technically the second largest arcade in the US, and comprised of mostly retro arcades. It has got some pretty obscure cabinets such as Galaga 88, Street Fighter 1 (Fighting Street), Splatterhouse and many more. Feast your eyes on the amazing cabinet list:
http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/games_list.htm

If you're in the mood for buying turbob games, you should check out the stores below. They have a decent selection of T-16 games.

SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
WOOOOOOO!!!!

BlueBMW

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
I will definitely try and be in attendance... really just depends on whether or not I find a job in Colorado the requires me to be there before VGS.  If not, I plan to be there!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jtucci31

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »
I live about 40 minutes away from Galloping Ghost and i love that place. I'm actually planning on going this Friday!

I'm also excited for Turbofest as it's in my area as well! I will plan accordingly :)

ElSeven

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »
will def be there, can't wait!  :dance:
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 02:21:52 AM »
Just f.y.i. - I was up at People Play Games recently and found that their TG-16 inventory diminished quite a lot.  They moved the games to a different area and all fit on about 1/3 the shelves vs. what I remember them having before. I mean anywhere that stocks Turbo games is cool, so it still is worth a visit if you're in the area.  Also still a few titles under the glass in front (the guy quoted me a loose Bonk 3 hu for $170.00).  Anyway, I don't know what's up, but they didn't have as much selection, it seemed to me.

BlueBMW

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 02:54:19 AM »
Its amazing that any store can keep inventory of anything turbo related with the recent deluge of collectors and the incredible price inflation on the stuff.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »
No promises, but I do have nothing scheduled for that wknd. Could fly up Friday and meet ppl at GG like last time. Just need housing, Lombard will supply the booze.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 03:36:51 AM »
Its amazing that any store can keep inventory of anything turbo related with the recent deluge of collectors and the incredible price inflation on the stuff.

No doubt about it.  It's so unique to come across any turbo stuff regularly stocked and sold off the shelf these days, hopefully they can keep it up.

Bardoly

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 04:36:43 AM »
Yeah, People Paly Games is a great store.  I've only been there twice, because it's rather far from me, but both times I was impressed by their Turbo/PCE selection, and both times I walked away having purchased several games.

Anyway, my sister and I are planning to come to VGS, but we're going to have to brush up on our Tatsujin skills.  (That means our skills of being able to throw controllers across the room, knock the system & TV off of the table, grind our teeth, and yell and scream in frustration..., all in the privacy of our own minds so as to not upset the crowd.)  What's up with the masochism, anyway?  I thought Raiden last year was hard enough... now Tatsujin?  What's next year?  Rabio Lepus blindfolded?   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Flare65

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »
Will be there!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »
Should be there!

Bardoly

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
It's getting closer...!

Opethian

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »
damn wish I could go! keep the obey alive!

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me