Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014  (Read 3014 times)

chany60126

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 03:28:41 AM »
In no particular order (other than alphabetical):

Aero Blasters
Hellfire S
Ordyne
Salamander
Sapphire

These are all 2 - player simultaneous.   :mrgreen:

You better start loving Tatsujin if you plan to beat me in the tourney at VGS. ; )

I think that I'm going to let my sister beat you.  :P

LOL She just might!

Alrighty, Mathius, here she is practicing up on her Tatsujin skills...

...so brace yourself for a beating...   :-"

I'm glad to hear that she's been practicing. Now there's hope of somebody lasting more than 3 minutes in the game.  :D
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Bardoly

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:23 AM »

Aero Blasters
Hellfire S
Ordyne
Salamander
Sapphire

You better start loving Tatsujin if you plan to beat me in the tourney at VGS. ; )

LOL She just might!

I'm glad to hear that she's been practicing. Now there's hope of somebody lasting more than 3 minutes in the game.  :D

I think that I'm up to about a minute and a half, and she's up to about 2 minutes.   :-({|=

Mathius

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 05:57:11 AM »
I'd be happy if I make it through all the mini bosses in stage one.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Bardoly

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
Does Tatsujin have stage clears?  i.e. Does the game tell you when you've finished a stage?  Or is the game all one long stage?  I beat 3-4 mini-bosses last night and then some 'tank' looking thing that I though might be the stage 1 boss, but the game didn't inform me of such, and the screen kept scrolling with no respite from enemy attack.

reson8er

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »

Aero Blasters
Hellfire S
Ordyne
Salamander
Sapphire

LOL She just might!

4th Pic, Tatsujin is so difficult it blew her scrunchie clear off!

Mathius

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
Does Tatsujin have stage clears?  i.e. Does the game tell you when you've finished a stage?  Or is the game all one long stage?  I beat 3-4 mini-bosses last night and then some 'tank' looking thing that I though might be the stage 1 boss, but the game didn't inform me of such, and the screen kept scrolling with no respite from enemy attack.

No it just keeps going. Once the boss music stops then you know you've entered the next level. I know the Genesis version lists the stage number in the side bar. I need to check if the PCE version displays it elsewhere as it doesn't force that stinkin' bar upon you.

Bardoly

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:46 PM »

No it just keeps going. Once the boss music stops then you know you've entered the next level. I know the Genesis version lists the stage number in the side bar. I need to check if the PCE version displays it elsewhere as it doesn't force that stinkin' bar upon you.

Aha!  So I did beat the first stage!  On like my last ship on my last continue.   ](*,)   :roll:

turbokon

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »
I just booked by flight.  I'll be arriving around 4pm on Friday.  If anyone can pick me up from the airport and have a place for me to crash with them Friday and Saturday night, please let me know.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mathius

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2014, 07:25:30 AM »
Booked my hotel at the Fairfield last night. Planning to leave Saturday night after all the festivities.

roflmao

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Sadly, I won't be making it out this year after all. :(  I was really looking forward to hanging out with y'all again, but financially, it's just not in the books this time around. 

Mathius

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »
Dan, you'll always be have a home wherever and whenever you can make it over. MGC is nonnegotiable, however. You must attend. There is really no other way around this. Don't fight it.

roflmao

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
Dan, you'll always be have a home wherever and whenever you can make it over. MGC is nonnegotiable, however. You must attend. There is really no other way around this. Don't fight it.

Ha! Consider it done!  Although next year I'm flying up and staying at the hotel it's at.  No more speeding tickets... :)

jeffhlewis

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »
A friend of mine decided to schedule his tuxedo fitting that Saturday for a wedding I'm standing up in. Kind of non-negotiable so I think I'm going to be sitting this one out unfortunately unless it gets miraculously rescheduled.

It's almost tempting to just drive down for the night if people are going to be doing the Galloping Ghost thing. Who is getting in Friday night?

Mathius

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
^^That stinks! Looks like I'll have to pick up that monitor at MGC next year lol  :P

Bardoly

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
A friend of mine decided to schedule his tuxedo fitting that Saturday for a wedding I'm standing up in. Kind of non-negotiable so I think I'm going to be sitting this one out unfortunately unless it gets miraculously rescheduled.

It's almost tempting to just drive down for the night if people are going to be doing the Galloping Ghost thing. Who is getting in Friday night?

Just swing by the Tuxedo shop on Friday.   :-"