Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014  (Read 3002 times)

turbokon

Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2014
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »

I'll be heading down to Nullitys for our own Turbofest and have produced a multi-cam+computer screen live broadcast (10+ episodes our first, and likely only, season). I'm planning on bringing down some of my gear in case we want to tinker with it and go a little fancier than just skype.  But for you guys, the biggest hurdle would be the high upload stream.  I don't know if wifi (if you even get decent wifi at that location) would be enough to handle even a low-quality video stream.

sweet man! I have cox ultimate (or, as I tell the ladies, ultimate cox) which I believe is 50 Mbps upstream. 150 down. We should be set!  Might want to bring you obey because I only have 1 duo but 3 televisions!  I'll have 2 or three buddies over, too, who have (shamefully) never obeyed and therefore might make my skill at tatsujin a little less laughable. :lol:

if there is anyone else who finds KS to be a more tenable destination, let it be known!  I need to plan in advance how much booze and pizza will be needed. ( :

Gave me a couples of years and I may move back to Kansas.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2014, 03:18:42 AM »
I have now secured permission from the wife to attend.  I am only 30 or so minutes from the event and looking forward to checking it out.  Might even try to insinuate myself into the Bomberman tournament. 

esteban

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2014, 03:29:52 AM »

I have now secured permission from the wife to attend.  I am only 30 or so minutes from the event and looking forward to checking it out.  Might even try to insinuate myself into the Bomberman tournament.

Why did I think you were in the UK? I made up an entire narrative about you (stereotyped) based on you screen name alone. You were the only pcefx'er in Ireland. Or who formerly lived in Ireland but moved to Brighton. Or Glasgow. Or the Isle of Jersey.
  |    | 

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »

Why did I think you were in the UK? I made up an entire narrative about you (stereotyped) based on you screen name alone. You were the only pcefx'er in Ireland. Or who formerly lived in Ireland but moved to Brighton. Or Glasgow. Or the Isle of Jersey.

Haha that would be a more interesting story for sure, but nope, Chicago area all my life.  To be exact I'm only a half-paddy, but for some reason the name caught on with some folks I know, so I just go with it.

esteban

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:24 AM »

Haha that would be a more interesting story for sure, but nope, Chicago area all my life.  To be exact I'm only a half-paddy, but for some reason the name caught on with some folks I know, so I just go with it.

I'm part Irish, too. Sadly. Only half-joking.

Ok, I was 100% joking.

Anyway, make sure somebody takes non-blurry pictures of VGS.
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
Only 2 more days till VGS!!!

Mathius

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »
Ashe and me are packing the systems up tonight to be ready to roll out tomorrow evening. I'll being some trade bait, along with the Duo-R and X68k for the show. It sounds like Dan and Chany have most of the games covered but I'll bring my Nexzr as requested. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

jeffhlewis

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
Have fun you bastards. Should be at Octurbofest with any luck. Post some pics!

Mathius

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
Have fun you bastards. Should be at Octurbofest with any luck. Post some pics!

We will. Gonna miss all you losers that can't make it. Don't rack up any more absences though. I'd hate for any of you to be pulled into the office.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

turbokon

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:19 AM »
I had to the check in my luggage.  Hope my systems survive the trip.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

chany60126

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2014, 05:40:34 AM »
I am going to try and stream the event via ustream if Bardoly brings his laptop and video camera. Here is the link: chany60126 on USTREAM: . Other Entertainment
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

hizaygizirlz

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »
Ill be there from 10-11 til 330-4, looking forward to seeing everyone.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

chany60126

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »
Ill be there from 10-11 til 330-4, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Glad to hear it hizay! I'm looking forward to our Windjammers rematch! :)
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Bardoly

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
I am going to try and stream the event via ustream if Bardoly brings his laptop and video camera. Here is the link: chany60126 on USTREAM: . Other Entertainment

chaney, is there a program that I need to download to my laptop first?

Also (to everyone coming to VGS),

I'm currently planning to bring all of my trade/sell stuff, and a few games (i.e. Bazzy and a few other uncommon titles).  If there is anything specific that someone would like for me to bring (i.e. my PCE Duo, a CRT TV, other games, etc...), then please let me know.