Author Topic: What are your top 5 shoot 'em up games for the TG-16/PC Engine?  (Read 2533 times)

ifkz

Re: What are your top 5 shoot 'em up games for the TG-16/PC Engine?
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »

[[Extra:  I have always wondered about the legendary port of Truxton for the PC Engine]]

I should be receiving my Tatsujin Hu Card in the mail any day now, will drop in and let you know my thoughts if interested  :D

Please do!  I am crazy enough to even own the arcade board, which cost me and took two years to track down.  Very much worth the expense, though, and it is still a sight on a 25 inch arcade CRT.
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »

[[Extra:  I have always wondered about the legendary port of Truxton for the PC Engine]]

I should be receiving my Tatsujin Hu Card in the mail any day now, will drop in and let you know my thoughts if interested  :D

Please do!  I am crazy enough to even own the arcade board, which cost me and took two years to track down.  Very much worth the expense, though, and it is still a sight on a 25 inch arcade CRT.

You have the arcade board?  Nice!

Can we see some pics?  Maybe some video of it in action?

ifkz

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:29 PM »
Sure, some pictures in a new thread, maybe?  I don't want to derail this one, that would not be a good thing for a brand new member (me!) to do.  Be careful though; arcade collecting can, much like tg16/pce collecting, become very addictive, rewarding, and expensive!
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

Black Tiger

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »

The PC Engine version is closer to the arcade than the MD version. It's also supposed to have anywhere from better to great music, but I'm not crazy about it. You can read a detailed review here:

http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/2009/04/tatsujin.html
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Sparky

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 04:34:37 PM »
Dragon spirit
Dragon sabre
Salamander
Soldier bladey
Download2

Tee hee.. Ya my favs.

geise

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 12:26:28 AM »

It took you two years to track down a Tatsujin PCB?  You must be talking about the US Truxton version.

reson8er

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »

Oh wow, the Arcade PCB so awesome! I'd love to see pics if it's not too much trouble.

Edit: Pic of my new master:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:10:27 AM by reson8er »

ifkz

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 03:31:05 AM »
Okay, I'll get my cab back in order this weekend and I'll snap a few pictures :)
Oh, and yes, it is the US Williams distributed Truxton PCB.  It only took me so long to find a price I was willing to pay because I am a typical arcade collecting cheapskate (we all are).

Back to the regularly scheduled thread....I don't want to summon the ire of the thread maker!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:33:15 AM by ifkz »

geise

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:36 AM »
Oh, ok.  Awesome.  I have the Tatsujin pcb and it was fairly cheap.  I figured it was the US Truxton you were talking about.  What cab are you using?  *drails thread even more*

ifkz

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 03:47:46 AM »
Well, I guess this is helping my post count so I can participate in the Deep Blue raffle....

It is a conversion cab, formerly Leland's Quarterback, that was extra popular with arcade operators to make into Raiden II.  From the shell I found, I improved it, but it still needs work (mainly I need to cut a new control panel plexi).

Back to the thread (I hope!)....

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 04:28:18 AM »
Here's a list of my Top 5 favorite shooters ..

1. Lords Of Thunder
2. Sapphire
3. Syd Mead's Terraforming
4. Gates Of Thunder
5.  Download 2
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

geise

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 07:45:50 AM »
Here's a list of my Top 5 favorite shooters ..

1. Lords Of Thunder
2. Sapphire
3. Syd Mead's Terraforming
4. Gates Of Thunder
5.  Download 2

Very awesome list.  I'm one of the few as well that really enjoy Terraforming.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 09:34:23 AM »
1. LoT
2. Star Parodia
3. GoT
4. Air Zonk
5. Raiden

Honorable Mention: Sapphire

ProTip: I've hardly had any experience owning/playing Nexzr, Raisinbar or Spriggan.. If I did, They'd probably be on my list too....

Bardoly

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »

Oh wow, the Arcade PCB so awesome! I'd love to see pics if it's not too much trouble.

Edit: Pic of my new master:

Practicing up for VGS, I see...

spenoza

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2014, 11:20:14 AM »
I always agonize too much over "Top X" lists, because I don't always have clear feelings about games. I mean, as far as like / don't like, sure, but I'm overly analytical about the stuff I really love. So here's my attempt at this top 5 list.

In no particular order:
[ul][li]Blazing Lazers[/li][li]Aeroblasters[/li][li]Gate of Thunder[/li][li]Nexzr[/li][li]Star Parodier[/li][/ul]Probably easy to figure out my shooter tastes from this list, I bet.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c