Author Topic: Your most amazing score.  (Read 1600 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Your most amazing score.
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »
Duo R/RX systems do not suffer the same leaky capacitor problem that the regular Duo does and are much sturdier.

Their PCBs are inferior, decidedly less sturdy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:27 AM »
Duo R/RX systems do not suffer the same leaky capacitor problem that the regular Duo does and are much sturdier.

Their PCBs are inferior, decidedly less sturdy.

I broke two TurboDuo casings.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »
I broke two TurboDuo casings.

Moose tramplings were not a consideration during the design phase.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

galam

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
Video Days is by far Jason Lee's finest piece of work.

seieienbu

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
A couple of years ago I  picked up a Super System Card for like $50 or so at a store in Seattle.  Not at all the best score around but I thought it was quite reasonable and was glad to make the purchase.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »

A couple of years ago I  picked up a Super System Card for like $50 or so at a store in Seattle.  Not at all the best score around but I thought it was quite reasonable and was glad to make the purchase.

I will buy this from you for $50.
  |    | 

synbiosfan

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
I may have something, as part of a Saturn lot I bought, the seller threw in a Saturn Cleaning Kit. It turns out it's quite rare so I kept it for a few years (back in my Saturn Collectard phase). I recently gave it away, well I threw it in with a bundle of games.

SamIAm

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
A gamer friend of mine here in Japan offered to let me take as many of his old PC Engine games as I liked. He had about 30 total, and among them was Sapphire. I told him how much it was really worth, and he decided to keep it to sell later, along with a few other valuable games. I took Cotton, Spriggan, Bomberman 93, Aero Blasters, Street Fighter II, Anearth Fantasy Stories, and two or three more.

I also picked up an unboxed Duo-RX for 7000 yen, or about $70, and another unboxed one in mint condition for 9000 yen, which I was pretty happy about.

Finally, I picked up a new PC-FX that had been opened once but never played (this was apparent by the sealed packaging of everything inside) for about 10,000 yen. Later, I got a quite used one for $30, which I sent to a friend as a gift.

Black Tiger

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
A gamer friend of mine here in Japan offered to let me take as many of his old PC Engine games as I liked. He had about 30 total, and among them was Sapphire. I told him how much it was really worth, and he decided to keep it to sell later, along with a few other valuable games. I took Cotton, Spriggan, Bomberman 93, Aero Blasters, Street Fighter II, Anearth Fantasy Stories, and two or three more.

I also picked up an unboxed Duo-RX for 7000 yen, or about $70, and another unboxed one in mint condition for 9000 yen, which I was pretty happy about.

Finally, I picked up a new PC-FX that had been opened once but never played (this was apparent by the sealed packaging of everything inside) for about 10,000 yen. Later, I got a quite used one for $30, which I sent to a friend as a gift.

That's quite the gift if he lived overseas. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
I bought a lot of 3 PCE games off ebay around 2010 and I noticed the guy was in my city. I messaged him to see where he was and see if I could just pick them up and asked him if he has more pce games he was selling. He said he was selling off almost all his game collection and to come check it out. So I went to his place and he had tubs and tubs of games. He said he has had almost all of them since new and was just tired of looking at all these bins of games and just doesn't have the passion for gaming anymore.
He opened up his turbo bin and it had maybe 40 games including several sealed games, soldier blade, some pce games, a TG16, ave 3 pad. We talked for a bit and after realizing I was just another fellow hardcore gamer like him I think he was very happy to negotiate a price and I ended up with the lot for about $150.
Looking back I wish I had more to offer him but that was more like the price he threw out there for everything. I didn't follow turbo collecting and prices much since I've always been more into the pce side but I know he was happy for it all to go to me instead of another reseller.
He had more bins of games including many mint Sega CD games and most other consoles. I wish I could have bought more but I hope they went to good homes.
Anyways cheers to you fellow gamer that sold your whole turbo collection to me, I'm still playing and enjoying them all!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

HailingTheThings

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »
Video Days is by far Jason Lee's finest piece of work.

Funny. Still can't believe he's a Scientologist.

seieienbu

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 07:40:01 PM »
I will buy this from you for $50.

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Sparky

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
I have always had some dirty good luck finding games and such, but the most crazy one was many years ago I found a bunch of rare Atari prototype boxes and was asked if I would trade just 1 of them ( the Incredible Hulk, just the box) for a complete US MC, still had the plastic wrap on it.. Take that high rollers!!!

I have yet to pay over a $125 for any game. Most I have got in trades or just good finds over the years (( patient grasshopper pose))

galam

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 04:35:56 PM »
I have always had some dirty good luck finding games and such, but the most crazy one was many years ago I found a bunch of rare Atari prototype boxes and was asked if I would trade just 1 of them ( the Incredible Hulk, just the box) for a complete US MC, still had the plastic wrap on it.. Take that high rollers!!!

I have yet to pay over a $125 for any game. Most I have got in trades or just good finds over the years (( patient grasshopper pose))

Have any pics of these boxes?

Sparky

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Yep, here ya go..

found them at a flee market and grabbed because they were cool, had no idea what I had found until later on, there empty boxes, prototypes That were displayed in places like toyrUs

PS: the bubba smith card was a cool bonus at the time :P