Author Topic: Your most amazing score.  (Read 1596 times)

galam

Re: Your most amazing score.
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
Love em

HailingTheThings

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
Yep, here ya go..

found them at a flee market and grabbed because they were cool, had no idea what I had found until later on, there empty boxes, prototypes That were displayed in places like toyrUs

PS: the bubba smith card was a cool bonus at the time :P

Those look pretty cool, mister.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:55 AM »
Yep, here ya go..

found them at a flee market and grabbed because they were cool, had no idea what I had found until later on, there empty boxes, prototypes That were displayed in places like toyrUs

PS: the bubba smith card was a cool bonus at the time :P

Awesome! God, I wanted a Lord of the Rings game so bad in 1982...

Bardoly

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »

...  I am super jelly of Rondo.  I don't have a (real) copy of it yet and am only willing to spend up to $100.00 CIC.  I'm sure patience will pay off eventually.

I hope that you can find it for $100 or less, but  I wouldn't wait if I were you.  It's a great game, and for an extra $20-40, it's still worth it.

graffias79

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »
About 3 or 4 years ago I found this baby lurking with the board games probably wedged between a partially complete jigsaw puzzle and a scrabble box from the 70s.  The only thing missing was the game Keith Courage.  The controller, and all the logos still have their protective plastic covering.  Not a scratch on the system and barely any dust.  It also has the manual, the Keith Courage comic, and a couple other things in a plastic bag with a placard saying "Thanks for buying the TurboGrafx 16...".

The only bad thing is the box is a little beat up and has along piece of Montgomery Wards tape wrapped over it, and a MW price tag for $199.99.

Goodwill price? $6.99.

I SCOURED that store for a CD-ROM attachment and looked through all the CDs for games but found none! Damn!

esteban

Your most amazing score.
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »
About 3 or 4 years ago I found this baby lurking with the board games probably wedged between a partially complete jigsaw puzzle and a scrabble box from the 70s.  The only thing missing was the game Keith Courage.  The controller, and all the logos still have their protective plastic covering.  Not a scratch on the system and barely any dust.  It also has the manual, the Keith Courage comic, and a couple other things in a plastic bag with a placard saying "Thanks for buying the TurboGrafx 16...".

The only bad thing is the box is a little beat up and has along piece of Montgomery Wards tape wrapped over it, and a MW price tag for $199.99.

Goodwill price? $6.99.

I SCOURED that store for a CD-ROM attachment and looked through all the CDs for games but found none! Damn!

That's pretty awesome. I have never seen Turbo stuff in the wild.
  |    | 

dallaspattern

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
I scored a pcengine and a few games at a garage sale this weekend for 80 bucks. Dude had a bunch of master system and N64 stuff out. When I asked if he had anything else, he told me he had something in the basement he wasn't sure would sell. BOOSH. I've been rocking Kato Chan and Ken Chan all weekend.

But I think my most amazing score was a boxed duo with a dozen GOOD games on kijiji a few years back for super cheap. -30, had to drive out of town to pick it up. Couldn't believe my eyes...

Non-TG related, I found a rare Henry Rollins spoken word LP at a record store once for $5. He came through town one time and I showed it to him and he said he hadn't seen one in 20 years. Kinda cool.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:00:52 PM by dallaspattern »

HailingTheThings

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
I scored a pcengine and a few games at a garage sale this weekend for 80 bucks. Dude had a bunch of master system and N64 stuff out. When I asked if he had anything else, he told me he had something in the basement he wasn't sure would sell. BOOSH. I've been rocking Kato Chan and Ken Chan all weekend.

But I think my most amazing score was a boxed duo with a dozen GOOD games on kijiji a few years back for super cheap. -30, had to drive out of town to pick it up. Couldn't believe my eyes...

Non-TG related, I found a rare Henry Rollins spoken word LP at a record store once for $5. He came through town one time and I showed it to him and he said he hadn't seen one in 20 years. Kinda cool.

Henry Rollins, aside from supposedly "loving" Glenn Danzing a little too much, is pretty awesome. I still listen to the Black Flag album "My War" from time to time.

I remember listening to a "comedy" album from him years ago where he talked about playing, I think, Black Sabbath very loudly while his gay neighbors humped because he figured what better music to blast while sexering. Fun guy.

Desh

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2014, 03:04:28 AM »

Goodwill price? $6.99.

Whoa!  That is supremely awesome!

neutopia6

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2014, 07:16:20 AM »
Signed Henry Rollins is f*cking sick, Black Flags album Damaged is f*cking perfect.
Before I was collecting TurboGrafx, I only knew the name.
Four years ago I started collecting anything I could find a good deal on for kijiji, at the time I was living in Calgary.
Saw an add for TurboGrafx with twenty or so games for $140, needless to say I ran like the f*cking wind.
The dudes system was boxed, had a boxed Turbo Stick, all twenty or so games were CIC And CIB, it was ridiculous, mostly great games.
I thought holy f*ck, bet that will never happen again, few days later another add went up roughly the same, system, bit this time about fourth games for $160.
I was the first one there for some lucky reason, grabbed them all, all games were CIC, some CIB, some even sealed, a sealed Bonks revenge which I opened and hung the poster on my wall.
So in total about fifty or so different games, all CIC, 25% CIB, two systems one boxed, all for $300, that was easily my best score.
Recently though I got a CIC, North American super system card 3 for only $20, so that was f*cking awesome aha, thanks for sharing all the stories guys its f*cking fascinating.

MrFulci

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2014, 08:49:48 AM »

Goodwill price? $6.99.

Whoa!  That is supremely awesome!

That's way to do it. I did that back when I looked for Atari 2600. Even if I didn't see any games, I'd ask if they had any Atari. Everyone seemed to have Atari in their basement, I'd often hear, "I didn't think anyone still wanted that old stuff". I usually would buy a box or two containing a system, controllers, games, etc, for $20 or so. $20, during the 90s, was the normal cost for a family's Atari 2600 collection, :)

I haven't been to garage sales / yard sales in a while, though when I've last stopped at them, if I saw some electronics out, or video game stuff, I'd ask if they had anything else around. All that turned up during my last visits were Gameboy, Fairchild Channel F, and I think that was about it. Not stuff I'm interested in, so I left it.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

jordan_hillman

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
Recently though I got a CIC, North American super system card 3 for only $20, so that was f*cking awesome aha, thanks for sharing all the stories guys its f*cking fascinating.

One of my few TG wild finds was a North American Super System Card (with case, but no manual) for $5 in a random stack of CDs at a flea market. So I know the "feels" man.

Henry Rollins, aside from supposedly "loving" Glenn Danzing a little too much, is pretty awesome. I still listen to the Black Flag album "My War" from time to time.

I remember listening to a "comedy" album from him years ago where he talked about playing, I think, Black Sabbath very loudly while his gay neighbors humped because he figured what better music to blast while sexering. Fun guy.

Not the biggest fan of Rollins or Danzig... But I about damn near shit myself from laughter when I saw this
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

HailingTheThings

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »

Not the biggest fan of Rollins or Danzig... But I about damn near shit myself from laughter when I saw this

That's all that matters. lol

MrFulci

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »
You guys know, Henry Rollins was in an Unsolved Mysteries, "story", about his friend Joe (I think that was his name), who got shot, nearby him, when they were roommates at a house?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

dallaspattern

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »
My War rules, so does Weight, and a couple of his spoken word discs are pretty good. That story about Joe is intense. When recently asked what's worse, taking out the trash or being in Black Flag, Rollins responded "Being in Black Flag". haha