Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10484 times)

VenomMacbeth

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2015, 08:13:52 AM »
I know there are Tim & Eric fans here...has anyone seen watching Bedtime Stories?

If you haven't, find the episode called Angel Boy & watch it immediately. 

I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ME WET.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Sadler

« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
I've been digging both Dark Matter and Killjoys recently. I tried to watch Humans and but got bored maybe 20 minutes into the first episode. Everyone seems to think it's awesome though, so I should probably give it another shot.

Also been working my way through The X-Files again.

munchiaz

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
started watching season 2 of X files last night with the girlfriend

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2015, 07:12:47 AM »
Finished off season 2 of True Detective. Overall I was quite underwhelmed.

esteban

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2015, 08:55:10 AM »

I don't know why so many folks are not enjoying the second season of True Detective, but my friends and family feel the same as you.

IMHO, there was only one episode, where ONE SEQUENCE was lame: the sequence where they raided the EYES WIDE SHUT sex party and accomplished certain things (no spoilers).

Personally, this was the only time where the series veered into a totally different vibe (a "Mission Impossible" vibe) that was incongruous with the first two seasons.

It definitely has something to do with personal tastes—I think a lot of people had an easier time getting lost in the "Southern Gothic" elements of the first season, and were disappointed that it was replaced by the grime and dreariness of urban/suburban (Southern?) California.

Anyway, it reminded me of a lot of cities I know in Southern California.

|    | 

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2015, 06:24:50 AM »

I don't know why so many folks are not enjoying the second season of True Detective, but my friends and family feel the same as you.

IMHO, there was only one episode, where ONE SEQUENCE was lame: the sequence where they raided the EYES WIDE SHUT sex party and accomplished certain things (no spoilers).

Personally, this was the only time where the series veered into a totally different vibe (a "Mission Impossible" vibe) that was incongruous with the first two seasons.

It definitely has something to do with personal tastes—I think a lot of people had an easier time getting lost in the "Southern Gothic" elements of the first season, and were disappointed that it was replaced by the grime and dreariness of urban/suburban (Southern?) California.

Anyway, it reminded me of a lot of cities I know in Southern California.

I honestly felt the storyline(s) were too condensed at times. I think if it went say another 2/3 episodes it would have fleshed out a bit more. I loved the cast. I can't compare it to the first season though since I haven't watched it yet.

Otaking

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2015, 06:34:59 AM »
Just started watching Firefly.
It flew under my radar when it was released, but recently I saw it ranked high on a best sci-fi series list so thought to check it out.
Not fully sure what I think of it just yet as only seen the first episode, seems a little cheesy so far but I'll give it more of a chance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:36:56 AM by Otaking »

TR0N

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2015, 08:16:07 PM »
Started to watch daredevil on netflik finally damn the show can be rather brutal  :shock:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2015, 11:23:37 PM »
Watched the first episode of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  I watched Letterman occasionally for many years and am kinda sad that he's not on TV anymore.  Likewise I liked Colbert a lot on his old show.  That being said, I liked the first episode of the Late Show and will probably continue to occasionally watch it like I did Letterman.

What I didn't like though?  No top ten list.  I realize that it's not exactly the new same show as it was before but that was a big staple of the Late Show.  Not having a top ten list felt really weird.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2015, 01:34:51 AM »
Fear the Walking Dead. It's nice to see how things went down post Rick & crew. However I can't seem to care about any of the characters.

Bloufo

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »

It is good, no doubt. But no sympathetic type characters to root for.
Just a bunch of pompous, arrogant, sexual deviants. :P

NightWolve

« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:25 AM »
Paul Giamatti. Word.

Forget what he did in that "Amazing Spider-Man 2," pretend it never happened and always just think of him from "Shoot 'Em Up"

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2016, 06:42:54 AM »
X-Files is back and I'm hyped. I've already seen all of the episodes from earlier seasons and both movies.
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »
Paul Giamatti. Word.

Forget what he did in that "Amazing Spider-Man 2," pretend it never happened and always just think of him from "Shoot 'Em Up"

I might be alone in my appreciation for Lady in the Water.  That's what I think of first when I think of Paul Giamatti.

Vimtoman

« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2016, 09:04:51 AM »
Narco on Netflix is pretty good and just caught up on Plebs which is a UK comedy.