Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10476 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »
Just re-watched The Pacific. Now I am re-watching Band of Brothers. Also, Danger 5 Season 2 has started, and watched a couple episodes of Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
Started watching The Killing on Netflix.  It's one of the Netflix originals, and I must say....I really like it.  :)

wildfruit

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Just re-watched The Pacific. Now I am re-watching Band of Brothers. Also, Danger 5 Season 2 has started, and watched a couple episodes of Mike Tyson Mysteries.
I have watched band of brothers many times. I couldn't get into the pacific though.

roflmao

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »
I have watched band of brothers many times. I couldn't get into the pacific though.

Same here.  I bought BoB on DVD and have watched it many times. So when The Pacific came out on DVD, I picked it up and almost didn't finish it.  But I persevered and once I was done I sold it.

It wasn't bad, imo. It just didn't grip me like BoB did.

Now I want to watch Band of Brothers again.... :)

SuperGrafx

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »

Not much of a TV series watcher.
But I recently found a few seasons worth of the old series, THE EQUALIZER and I'm enjoying them quite a bit

Dude, that series was great. I haven't really watched it since 80's, though. OLD WHITE DUDE IS TOUGH AS ____ (whatever).

I wish more shows featured older folks in main roles. I don't need 99% of movies/film filled with young folks.

:)

Yes indeed!
The main character in the classic series is like a modern day mild-mannered ninja.
Albeit with gray hair and less flashy moves.
But still, a great series nonetheless.

elderbroom

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2015, 06:20:54 AM »
Somehow I never saw "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" when it originally started.  Started watching that on Netflix last week and tearing through the first couple seasons.  Not sure how I missed this .. so far, so good !
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

esteban

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »

A show so shitty and unoriginal that it revels in its shittiness and unoriginality to the point of being originally and.... marginally unshitty.

Z-Nation.

SyFy

it is a guilty pleasure I never expected to have... let alone admit to.

I don't think I've watched anyone on the SciFi channel in many, many years.

They used to play "Tales From the Darkside"...that's the only thing I watched, and it must have been 8 years ago.
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »
the SciFi SyFy channel

Accept the reality, este... ;)

wildfruit

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »
Watching a series on crunchyroll called no dropping out. Its about a 35yo woman that goes back to school and ends up trying to solve everyone's problems. Sounds like a shit premise but it's actually quite decent and mildly amusing.

Punch

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2015, 04:56:37 PM »

esteban

That TV Series your watching
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2015, 10:39:29 PM »
the SciFi SyFy channel

Accept the reality, este... ;)

I know. I know. :)

So, I was desperate for more "Tim and Eric" stuff and then I discovered a "film review" show with just one of the fellows from the duo. Granted, I don't watch watch much stuff, so this is old news for most folks, but I was happy to find it.

ON CINEMA

I give 7 out of 10 bags of popcorn.

Yes, of course it is silly and goofy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:49:04 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

MrFulci

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2015, 03:57:38 AM »

A show so shitty and unoriginal that it revels in its shittiness and unoriginality to the point of being originally and.... marginally unshitty.

Z-Nation.

SyFy

it is a guilty pleasure I never expected to have... let alone admit to.

I don't think I've watched anyone on the SciFi channel in many, many years.

They used to play "Tales From the Darkside"...that's the only thing I watched, and it must have been 8 years ago.

"Chiller", about 1 day a week, or month, or something, for a long many hours block, re-runs TFTDS. Same with Monsters, and Friday the 13th: The Series. All are available on DVD now, also! Monsters, as of 2013.

*TFTDS DVDs, some episodes have their soundtrack edited a bit on DVD. Other than that, the other 2 series on DVD are as-aired, as far as I know. I watched every episode on the Monsters set, and it was as it should be, to my recollection, brief nudity and all (In that great episode, about the killer rats.). I've yet to attempt the same with TFTDS or F12 series.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:08:36 AM by MrFulci »
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

SuperGrafx

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »
I was checking out the Amazon Originals series "Transparent" last night.
Apparently amazon had the entire season up for free viewing to commemorate some Emmy award or something.
Actually pretty good. 

mitsuman

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 03:25:26 AM »
Started watching Scandal on Netflix with my wife. I am oddly drawn to that show.

esteban

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:48 AM »
I watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.
  |    |