Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10452 times)

wildfruit

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2015, 09:41:25 AM »
I'm watching chi's new address. Its about the cutest little cat. Kawaii!

Sadler

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:08 PM »
Anyone catch Better Call Saul? It's off to an amazing start! :D

Medic_wheat

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
Anyone catch Better Call Saul? It's off to an amazing start! :D

I did it was better then I gave the premise creadit for.  In fact I cant wait for the next episode. The only problem I see.  It is set six years befor BB. That means what? Six season maximum?

wildfruit

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
Just had x-files box set delivered. 150hrs of mystery!!

InfraMan

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
I watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.

I have so many fond memories of watching The Carol Burnett Show when I was very (very) young. I don't think there's ever been anything funnier on TV than Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. It's probably second only to All in the Family as my all-time favorite comedy show.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the wife and I just finished watching the Series 6 finale of Downton Abbey. As a male person, I really feel like I enjoy that show way more than I should. :wink:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:51:53 PM by InfraMan »

esteban

That TV Series your watching
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »
I watched a bunch of complete Carol Burnette shows. Hadn't seen most of these as an adult (I was just a kid and didn't understand half the jokes). Awesome.

I have fond so many fond memories of watching The Carol Burnett Show when I was very (very) young. I don't think there's ever been anything funnier on TV than Harvey Korman and Tim Conway. It's probably second only to All in the Family as my all-time favorite comedy show.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the wife and I just finished watching the Series 6 finale of Downton Abbey. As a male person, I really feel like I enjoy that show way more than I should. :wink:

The one sketch that always cracks me up is the Nazi interrogator with his repertoire of techniques.

You probably know it...if not, watch it now!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:18:02 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

InfraMan

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »

The one sketch that always cracks me up is the Nazi interrogator with his repertoire of techniques.

Heh, that's good stuff. Poor Lyle Waggoner was really outclassed by the talent around him... he basically ended up being a warm body for most of the sketches. He seems like a super-nice guy, though.

Also, pretty much any sketch where Tim played the slow old man character was a winner for me.

esteban

That TV Series your watching
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »

Heh, that's good stuff. Poor Lyle Waggoner was really outclassed by the talent around him... he basically ended up being a warm body for most of the sketches. He seems like a super-nice guy, though.

Also, pretty much any sketch where Tim played the slow old man character was a winner for me.

The real payoff, of course, is the puppet. But I didn't want to ruin it. There are some clips that include just the puppet, but it is much funnier seeing the sketch build up to that point.

All of the gags in that sketch are pretty generic, except for the puppet. But, it doesn't matter how cliched the gags are, the performances make it enjoyable.

Speaking of performances....I know, Lyle is barely present in that sketch.

Yes, Tim did crazy physical humor. The old man defied the laws of physics. Crazy.

One thing I didn't know was that the show taped a "regular" version of a sketch and then, later, taped a  freer "ad-lib, if you want to" version. Conway, it seems, made it his personal goal to get the other folks to laugh.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:10:22 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

toymachine78

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2015, 03:37:59 AM »
I'm watching Falling Skies. I never saw it when it originally aired. Its pretty much The Walking Dead with aliens instead of zombies. The acting isn't quite as good though.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2015, 05:33:13 AM »

Start with Terms of Endearment (season 6, episode 7).  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

420GOAT

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 06:13:05 AM »
i only watch whats on when i sit, i NEVER schedule ANY shows. mostly catch street outlaws, parks and rec, and ancient aliens and storage wars. im ok with wasting time as long as its not scheduled.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 07:18:31 AM »
Did anyone watch Last Man on Earth last night?  I thought it was pretty funny, but it's gonna take some creative writing to stretch the premise out for a long lived show.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

InfraMan

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2015, 10:43:47 AM »
Did anyone watch Last Man on Earth last night?  I thought it was pretty funny, but it's gonna take some creative writing to stretch the premise out for a long lived show.

I thought it was really good... one of the best premieres I've seen in a long time, and the soundtrack was great.

Plus, they pretty much have a blank check creatively. If the premise starts to wear thin they can easily write in other characters and stuff.

SplatterTrigger

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2015, 12:30:20 AM »
I started watching Better Call Saul recently. The first episode I found slow and uninteresting. However it did pick up for me by episode three.

wildfruit

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2015, 03:28:58 AM »

Start with Terms of Endearment (season 6, episode 7).  :mrgreen:
I've seen them all before but I didn't realise you had a cameo in terms of endearment! Seriously though I'm doing start to finish and watching the movies and the appropriate juncture. 55 discs to go!