Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10471 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2016, 07:50:23 AM »
Dunno if it counts as a tv series, but been watching The Man in the High Castle. Pretty good stuff yet disturbing.

It counts in my book.  I only watched the very first couple of episodes so far.  I'll have to see the rest.  Love that haunting opening theme.

It's pretty hardcore once you realize its a rewriting of an older song.
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/11/edelweiss-an-american-song-for-an-american-dystopia/417285/

johnnykonami

« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2016, 07:55:44 AM »
Dunno if it counts as a tv series, but been watching The Man in the High Castle. Pretty good stuff yet disturbing.

It counts in my book.  I only watched the very first couple of episodes so far.  I'll have to see the rest.  Love that haunting opening theme.

It's pretty hardcore once you realize its a rewriting of an older song.
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/11/edelweiss-an-american-song-for-an-american-dystopia/417285/

Yeah, I was aware of it from The Sound of Music, but didn't know the rest from your link.  The performance from the MitHC version is amazing.

MotherGunner

« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Watching Burn Notice.  Cool show.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Dicer

« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:39 AM »
Been Binge Watching Shameless, awesome dysfunctional fun...and boobs.

sirhcman

« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:53 PM »
Just started Silicon Valley, seems to be pretty funny so far!

CatPix

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »
Watched "Trapped" today.
It's an Icelandic series.
Pretty well done, a bit over the top in term of shit going on, but the characters are perfect. Not superheroes or druken badass former Marine shit. Normal guys getting caught in shit, and trapped in their small town by a snow storm.

esteban

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »

Been Binge Watching Shameless, awesome dysfunctional fun...and boobs.

The British series? I watched that one. It was great.

|    | 

datbuta

« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2016, 05:27:15 AM »
I'm currently watching The Blacklist... but as of the recent episodes... this season is turning into ass... the actor playing agent keen ... can't act well enough to match up to James Spader'c character... I tried to watch the new X-Files mini-series... but the first episode was... meh...

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2016, 06:17:50 AM »
I'm currently watching The Blacklist... but as of the recent episodes... this season is turning into ass... the actor playing agent keen ... can't act well enough to match up to James Spader'c character... I tried to watch the new X-Files mini-series... but the first episode was... meh...

I'm behind on X-Files now, plan to catch up today.
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28:43 AM »
Oh, might as well mention it running into this thread. I got interested in the X-Files again, and am caught up with the Monday episode thanks to FOX's website. I only have a one word review: weird. That's all I'm good for, sorry. ;)

What sucks about my new smart TV is it's limited in apps since they didn't choose the Android Operating System and FOX is still using a video player made with Adobe Flash instead of building something with HTML5/MP4 standards. The TV's browser can run videos just fine if the website is using the HTML5 video tag with a MP4 file. I tested that out with another site.

But anyway, yeah, with the war on Flash and attempting to phase it out on mobile OSes (like Android, other Linux variants), you still need a Windows desktop to view sites like that or hope they made an app for your OS (which FOX did, but for Android!). I hope somebody makes an Android layer for LG's WebOS2.0. That would make this new TV of mine a really good deal and future-proof it for a good many years!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:09:40 AM by NightWolve »

datbuta

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2016, 06:41:05 AM »
Oh, might as well mention it running into this thread. I got interested in the X-Files again, and am caught up with the Monday episode thanks to FOX's website. I only have a one word review: weird. That's all I'm good for, sorry. ;)

ya after the first episode... which is the only one i watched... i was like.... whaaaat? I don't understand... the first episode was ok... I'm guessing for me i need to watch a couple more episodes to give a proper opinion on it

johnnykonami

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2016, 06:57:24 AM »
I just gave the new x-files show a spin, I wasn't even that interested before but I did it on a whim.  I liked the original show, so I'll stick with this one and see where it goes.  Scully looks different to me, did she get plastic surgery?  I know she's older now of course, just seems like something else is different.  I've only watched the first episode so far.

I also missed the fact that The Walking Dead started back up and also Better Call Saul.  I have been pretty disappointed in TWD for a really long time but I still just watch it out of habit.  Better Call Saul's opener was alright, not blown away or anything yet but looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:07:55 AM by johnnykonami »

nectarsis

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
I was on Ash vs. Evil Dead, and Scream Queens...now teh fiance has me hooked on how I Met Your Mother
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ConsoleGeek

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2016, 09:13:07 PM »

Just finished the season myself. It's pretty much how I feel the US would have turned out if the Axis would have won.

I'm looking for more shows like it so I'd love to hear any suggestions people have.

I'm also watching The Profit.

Warbucks

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2016, 02:09:06 AM »
Started watching The Outsiders.
It's about a town that wants to kick a bunch of hermits out of a mountain to mine it.

It is a new series and is actually pretty good.