Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10474 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2016, 02:40:26 AM »
I was on Ash vs. Evil Dead, and Scream Queens...now teh fiance has me hooked on how I Met Your Mother

I still haven't finished Ash vs Evil dead yet. Maybe this weekend.
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2016, 04:01:14 AM »
I was hankering for a bit of hustle and scheming from Saul "I fight for YOU, Albuquerque!" Goodman.
So I put on a bit of Better Call Saul.

Dunno why but that opening song (Funny How Time Slips Away) in the first episode of season 2 put me in such a peaceful mood. :lol:

munchiaz

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2016, 06:39:39 AM »
started watching game of thrones. So far im mid way through season 4. Show is pretty addicting.

Sadler

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2016, 08:23:01 AM »
Made it through the first 8 seasons of The X Files. What an awesome, awesome show. Even the mostly Mulder-free 8th season was damn good. I hear season 9 sucks, but dammit I'm too committed at this point to stop. I am taking a quick break to watch The Lone Gunmen though. I had no idea that the pilot of that show predicted 9/11!  :shock:

esteban

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2016, 09:38:03 AM »
Made it through the first 8 seasons of The X Files. What an awesome, awesome show. Even the mostly Mulder-free 8th season was damn good. I hear season 9 sucks, but dammit I'm too committed at this point to stop. I am taking a quick break to watch The Lone Gunmen though. I had no idea that the pilot of that show predicted 9/11!  :shock:

I am still working my way through series with wife + daughter...

It is an excellent show for 6-7th grader.

:)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »
Did anyone else watch BrainDead last night?  I thought it was okay (if kinda slow starting) and well timed for the upcoming presidential election, but I kept waiting for Buzz Lincoln to roll in and save the day.

It Came From The Beltway!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TR0N

« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
I finished watching stranger things recently on netflik,good stuff indeed!The most it reminds me of was the goonies,twin peaks with some elements of steven king thrown in.The show is set in the 80's and it's music sounds like some thing you hear in a john carpenter flick.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

That TV Series your watching
« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:51 AM »
Ditto on Stranger Things.

Add "E.T." to the list of films/shows that ST was clearly inspired by.

Wife + 12-year-old loved it. I was quite happy, too, especially the homage to synth (I don't care how contrived it might be, I love 80's-styled synth).

I FORBADE SKIPPING OPENING SEQUENCE just so I could listen to it.

Oh, yeah, like TRON said: the show was lots of fun.
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »

Wife + 12-year-old loved it. I was quite happy, too, especially the homage to synth (I don't care how contrived it might be, I love 80's-styled synth).

Yeah parts of it were like E.T etc.I said,steven king because of how eleven reminds me of charlene from firestarter.For how the government agencies used her as a weapon which ending up backfiring on them.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

That TV Series your watching
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »

Yeah parts of it were like E.T etc.I said,steven king because of how eleven reminds me of charlene from firestarter.For how the government agencies used her as a weapon which ending up backfiring on them.

Oh, absolutely...I think King was specifically referring to MK ULTRA in his story, too.

I haven't seen Firestarter since the 80's, but George C Scott would have been proud of 11's skills.

TRIVIA: There is an episode of GI Joe that refers to MK ULTRA (not by name)...it was the episode with a handful of  folks who are psychic warriors...

I have wanted to see that episode again since I was a kid! I only saw it 1-2 times.

BACK ON TOPIC:

The Killing

I finished two seasons...saw finale of Season 2 last night...this is just a great, nicely-paced show. To describe it would make it sound generic...but somehow it transcends all of its tropes and cliches and exists as a genuinely entertaining story arc/show.

TRON! The Killing owes something to Twin Peaks, but I don't think most folks watching it will see the connections...they will compare it to other "gritty" crime dramas...but so many elements of Twin Peaks are here.

No, not the obvious Lynch surreal/absurd/goofy stuff...but the pulpy noirish stuff about Northwest history/culture, atmosphere, idyllic vs horrific family/community...high school victim, etc.

Or, you might think it's slow, generic and sucks.

|    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2016, 02:41:31 AM »
caught up with game of thrones. The show is just too good. Have 1 more ep. of daredevil season 2 to watch. Will start watching stranger things soon

TDIRunner

« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
If I could, I would be watching Reno 911 right now.  I miss that show and it's been long enough since I last watched it that I really want to watch them all again.  I don't know of anyone who plays reruns anymore and I'm not aware of anyone who streams it (although I haven't looked very hard yet). 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

gheebee

« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
If I could, I would be watching Reno 911 right now.  I miss that show and it's been long enough since I last watched it that I really want to watch them all again.  I don't know of anyone who plays reruns anymore and I'm not aware of anyone who streams it (although I haven't looked very hard yet).

Hulu has all 6 seasons to stream.

As for me, I recently finished re-watching Malcolm in the Middle and now I'm finishing up That 70s Show.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:06:05 AM by gheebee »

spawnshop

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:21 AM »
Just finished watched the League.  Hilarious!
Plus just watched all season of It's Always Sunny.   A bit more depraved, but just as good.

Trying to catch up on Fear the Walking Dead....pretty lame so far.
Also want to catch up on the Strain.

Can't wait for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.  Hopefully as good as DD and JJ.

TheClash603

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2016, 05:00:43 AM »
South Park is back, you should all be watching.

Only other stuff I seem to watch anymore is baseball and Bill Maher.