Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10429 times)

NightWolve

Re: That TV Series your watching
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »
New season of Gotham begins now, FYI.

NightWolve

Re: That TV Series You're Watching
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »
Hey, that was a good point, title fixed!

Warbucks

« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2016, 04:12:01 AM »
I have been watching Ballers with the Rock.

Sadler

« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2016, 04:37:48 AM »
I plowed through 10 seasons of the X Files (and both movies) and the one season of The Lone Gunmen earlier this year and I've been looking for something to fill the void. Several years ago I started watching Fringe which certainly had an X Files feel to it. Unfortunately Fringe season 1 is pretty rough. A buddy of mine has been telling me for years that Fringe really gets awesome and just stick with it, but I gave up near the beginning of season 2. I thought I knew what the big reveal was and it just didn't live up to the hype for me. Still, in my desperation, I had to watch something, so I figured I'd give Fringe another go.

HOLY. SHIT.

My buddy wasn't joking, this show gets damn awesome and I had quit just before it got awesome. The episode "Peter" in season 2 (episode 16) is where it gets amazing. I mean, there are decent episodes before this, but after this it's just great. Is it as good as the X Files? Well... probably not, but the mythology of Fringe is much better than that of the X Files. So that's what I'm watching now, I'm about midway through season 3.

NightWolve

« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2016, 05:38:31 AM »
Fringe looked interesting, was one I probably would've tried to get into if I hadn't lost my TV-watching habit.

It's rare for me to watch TV anymore, it's a really distant memory from when that was a frequent habit (over 15 years). I try to get in a movie now and then, that's about it. But yeah, Gotham is kind of the first attempt in over a decade to actually tune in to a TV show live.

Right after it, FOX has a show called Lucifer, basically about the devil taking a vacation from hell on earth and partnering with a L.A. detective. Yeah, it's just a cop show with a twist and it's not bad actually, I caught a few episodes of it and the one last night.

wildfruit

« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2016, 05:46:43 AM »
Fringe looked interesting, was one I probably would've tried to get into if I hadn't lost my TV-watching habit.
I too watch very little television, but fringe is worth a special effort. It's very good.

NightWolve

« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2016, 06:40:34 AM »
New MacGyver series premiere. Hmmm, give it a shot ?? Tune in tonight ?? Undecided, but FYI...

NightWolve

« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2016, 01:20:19 PM »
New episode of Gotham on. Best thing about the show has been Penguin lately. ;)

esteban

« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »
Did I mention that BROAD CITY is pretty great? It is. :)

I am curious about NeoGyver, though.
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »
This on netflik.
The latest marvel comic to be adapted.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrBroadway

« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2016, 06:20:36 PM »
Watching these on Youtube. Have yet to watch this one, but it's on next.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:22:09 PM by MrBroadway »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2016, 02:35:18 AM »
MacGyver is pretty much garbage, with the only thing going for it being sexy Spiradakos.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2016, 03:11:21 AM »
Yeah, "NeoGyver" was sad... He's far from anything close to having the charisma and likeability that Richard Dean Anderson had... :/ It's impossible for fans of the previous series not to make the comparisons and contrasts...

In Gotham news, Penguin is running for mayor and extorted the release of Nigma from the Arkhm asylum... He may be a crazed psychopathic killer, but gosh darnet, I love that little guy! Hahaha!

The show's crazy some times, even how Penguin and Gordon's killer ex girlfriend could be released from that asylum was surreal in their alternate reality. Some episodes have been bad, but I find it's worth keeping up with so far.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:15:43 AM by NightWolve »

Gypsy

« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
The first season of Mr. Robot. Jesus tittyf*cking Christ.

xelement5x

« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2016, 07:19:08 AM »
Just finished Stranger Things, which was as good as was hyped up to be.

Also watched Galavant, which was surprisingly entertaining as well.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story