Author Topic: That TV Series You're Watching  (Read 10451 times)

xelement5x

Re: That TV Series You're Watching
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2018, 07:11:46 AM »
I started re-watching Ash vs. Evil Dead season two over the weekend.  Such lulz.  Very gore.  Wow.

I'm watching it for the first time, that second episode in season 2 is nuts.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Bloufo

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2018, 07:39:56 AM »
Still trudging on with Sons Of Anarchy.
Almost at the end now. About four episodes left to go of the final season.

Ridiculous plotlines mar this series. The unintended humor keeps me watching.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
I'm watching it for the first time, that second episode in season 2 is nuts.

The morgue scene is crazy.  That, the possessed delta, and the puppet are my favorite bits of the season.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2018, 07:07:17 AM »
Altered Carbon came out on Netflix today so I'll probably start watching that tonight. I just finished reading the first book yesterday, so perfect timing! The show looks pretty awesome.

TheClash603

« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:16 PM »
Been watching old Johnny Carson interviews on YouTube if that counts?

Season 2 of Stranger Things gets too much criticism.  I didn't like the new mutant too much (non-spoiler I hope), but I think Sean Astin was a nice add.  Also loved Max's brother, the mom seduction scene was great.

I can't tell if I like the X-Files new season or hate it, but I can't stop watching.  Episode with the original X-File creator gave me quite a few laughs.  Were Mulder and Scully always bad actors though?

NightWolve

« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
https://www.netflix.com/title/80097140
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/altered-carbon

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/altered_carbon/s01/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/altered-carbon-review-netflix-spins-up-a-new-cyber/1100-6456241/

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/2/12/17004210/altered-carbon-netflix-blade-runner-aesthetic-cyberpunk-retro-futurism Watched season one of a new NetFlix show, Altered Carbon, which may or may not be renewed. It has SciFi elements of Blade Runner, Matrix, Fifth Element, and some Zardoz given it explores quasi immortality if you're rich enough to keep clones around, periodically "back up" your brain contents to an implanted storage device, etc.

Season one is only 10 episodes so you can watch the whole thing over the weekend. I enjoyed it well enough although the plot could've used some more work. It's mostly a hardboiled detective/cop kind of show.

There are some SciFi cameos like the Max Headroom actor who plays a weird host of an underground fightclub ring, and Daniel Bernhardt who plays a type of relentless space cop/soldier - he's the cheap Jean Claude Van Damme knockoff who did "Bloodsport 2," and the main sunglass-wearing Matrix agent in "Matrix: Reloaded" since "Mr. Smith" went rogue.

Anyway, you won't be blown away or anything, I don't think, but it kept me very interested all the way through so definitely worth checking out for the casual SciFi movie fan. I give it a thumbs up!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:34:28 PM by NightWolve »

NightWolve

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

REALLY recommend another new SciFi NetFlix TV series: "Lost in Space." All of season 1 is up (10 episodes) and season 2 is being worked on from what I heard.

TR0N

« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to this show from netflik.I wasn't sure it would get another season but it has coming in june  :clap:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2018, 08:55:34 AM »
While getting over being sick this week I binge watched Cobra Kai.  Hopefully without really spoiling anything, Cobra Kai to Karate Kid is like The Force Awakens to A New Hope.

If you liked Karate Kid?  I think I'd recommend it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2018, 06:51:47 AM »
And my favorite show ever, at least for the first three seasons will be back before the end of the month.
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2018, 07:04:12 AM »
The Handmaids Tale.

Season 2 starts off even more darker in tone. The performances, especially by the lead (Elisabeth Moss) is top notch.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
Gotta squeeze the Arrested Development season 4 remix in soon - Season 5 is out May 29th!

gheebee

« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2018, 08:15:07 AM »
I started and finished the first and only season of The Mist this weekend; it was better than the movie, which I hated, but at the same time I could kind of see why they didn't renew it for another season. That said I loved the way things end at the mall! lol

The Handmaids Tale.

I've been wanting to check this out for a little while now but have been avoiding it because while it sounds really good it also sounds pretty depressing. One of these days though, I just gotta be in the right mood and remember it...

Warbucks

« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2018, 07:29:56 AM »
Cobra Kai

If you haven't seen it yet.. you need to.

It brings back a lot of the original Karate Kid.

Episodes 1 and 2 are on youtube.  The rest are on Youtube Red.
If you are savvy enough you can find them elsewhere.

Can't wait for season 2  O0

TDIRunner

« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »
Cobra Kai

If you haven't seen it yet.. you need to.

It brings back a lot of the original Karate Kid.

Episodes 1 and 2 are on youtube.  The rest are on Youtube Red.
If you are savvy enough you can find them elsewhere.

Can't wait for season 2  O0

I just watched the two free episodes last night.  I enjoyed it enough that I will probably use my free trial of Red to watch the rest.

Funny thing is that I re-watched the original movie on Prime the other night completely randomly.  I was not aware of this new show and I didn't find out about the show until the day after watching the movie.  So by some strange coincidence, I was super excited to start watching the new series. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."