Author Topic: The real reason I want to leave the island is...  (Read 780 times)

nodtveidt

Re: The real reason I want to leave the island is...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
Three weeks to go. It's mostly just waiting around now. :)

nodtveidt

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 04:26:11 AM »
Two weeks to go and still smooth sailing. I'm still a bit upset over the fact that I will not see my daughters again for quite some time, but at least we will be able to Skype so that's better than nothing. Still have a couple of loose ends to tie up here, but there will be no issues with that.

I will be able to resume work on TEH OBEYBREW after getting settled. Nando's issues seem to have been resolved as well, so him and I can both get back to work on Lucretia very soon.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. Actually, I can't say thank you enough times for this.

nodtveidt

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »
Less than 24 hours to go before departure. Everything is in order. Got our boarding passes as soon as check-in became available online. Finishing packing now. Shit got real.

nodtveidt

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
Been on the mainland a week now. On Tuesday, my gf went to court for a scheduled hearing... and was jailed. She failed a drug test. Wonderful. Then, I get a cascade of information that reveals that she was nothing what she said she was. Turns out I got together with a f*cking crackhead. Needless to say, I broke up with her. Lucas and I are staying at her father's house for now; he said we can stay here for as long as we need to while we get shit sorted out.

I'm attempting to look for work but since she lied about having access to a vehicle, that's been more difficult than it was supposed to be. I had a job lined up but can't take it now since it requires travel and someone to watch after my son while I work... both of which are now unavailable due to her lies. So, I am looking for something I can do during the hours Lucas is at school.

I spent months planning all of this out, going on information she had given me, and it all fell to pieces. So, I'm doing my best to pick up the pieces and move on. I plan on staying here in SC though, so if anyone close by ever wants to hang out or whatnot, feel free to shoot me a text or a phone call or such. My cell # is 787-223-3374... I kept a PR number.

esteban

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »

Been on the mainland a week now. On Tuesday, my gf went to court for a scheduled hearing... and was jailed. She failed a drug test. Wonderful. Then, I get a cascade of information that reveals that she was nothing what she said she was. Turns out I got together with a f*cking crackhead. Needless to say, I broke up with her. Lucas and I are staying at her father's house for now; he said we can stay here for as long as we need to while we get shit sorted out.

I'm attempting to look for work but since she lied about having access to a vehicle, that's been more difficult than it was supposed to be. I had a job lined up but can't take it now since it requires travel and someone to watch after my son while I work... both of which are now unavailable due to her lies. So, I am looking for something I can do during the hours Lucas is at school.

I spent months planning all of this out, going on information she had given me, and it all fell to pieces. So, I'm doing my best to pick up the pieces and move on. I plan on staying here in SC though, so if anyone close by ever wants to hang out or whatnot, feel free to shoot me a text or a phone call or such. My cell # is 787-223-3374... I kept a PR number.

Dude, you are in SC...I may get down there in the Spring. Anyway, hooefully,  by then, your luck will have changed. ACTUALLY, you are lucky to have discovered these things about your partner sooner rather than later.

Still, that's heartbreaking. Any way you look at it.

Good luck, comrade. 

|    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Ugh, sorry Nod, wish I had some words of wisdom to brighten your day! :(