Author Topic: The real reason I want to leave the island is...  (Read 785 times)

nodtveidt

Re: The real reason I want to leave the island is...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 03:31:25 PM »
Well, I'll never use them again, that's for damn sure.

bob

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
i wonder if i can get the 900 back and resend as gift. but prob not.  i can check paypal this weekend when i get home.

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
I have been in contact with gofundme and wepay and they have stated that the case is in review and the funds should become available shortly. We'll see.

nodtveidt

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Just heard back from them again... they say that the case has been reviewed and the funds have been made available and will be auto-transferred. Fingers crossed. :D

NightWolve

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
In other news: this is exactly the kind of bullshit situation I hypothesized might happen with one of these "sure brah, we'll hold your money" type kickstarter spinoffs. Who actually browses those sites looking for something to donate to? Today's Internet makes it easy enough to set up a site with a PayPal link and float it out on the social medias.

I've wondered about the effectiveness of these Kickstarter spin-offs myself as well. That Kurt Kalata from HardcoreGaming 101 is making use of this rather new one, Patreon and seems to have gotten otherwise more funding than what PayPal alone could bring in... I guess it doesn't hurt to try, make a profile once, and whatever further marketing it can do for you and translate that into more donations, so be it, might as well...

NightWolve

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
I guess there is no risk to making a kickstarter/misc funding site campaign... but I'd promote them only as a footnote to the main social media marketing push.

Yeah, no risk or harm in doing it, so it just seems like why the hell not...

Likes like GameSack Joe knew about Patreon too: http://www.patreon.com/user?u=180904
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:22:18 PM by NightWolve »

nodtveidt

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »
They pushed it back another day, so I wrote to ask wtf once again. They claim that it was because they had to investigate one of the donations to make sure it was "real".

Hi David,

Thank you for your follow-up and I apologize for the confusion or inconvenience. There was a donation that our team was reviewing to ensure was in fact a genuine donation that is safe for you to withdraw.

Your funds will process as scheduled for this evening to your bank account. Since the one donation that was being reviewed would have been part of the withdrawal, they needed to complete the review before allowing it to withdraw.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail and we would be happy to assist you!

Sincerely,

Christopher

bob

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
Jesus Christ, you try and help somebody...

bob

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
Paypal fraud dept. called me 5 mins later to confirm it was real.

roflmao

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
glad to hear that they made it right when called out on the bullshit!
looking forward to your arrival in the mainland, man! I may not be there to have a beer with you in person, but I'll gladly do it over Skype when all your carolinians have your meetup. :D

Me too!

nodtveidt

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
Okay... the transfer nonsense is over... the money's coming down teh pipe. This bank has a 3 business day policy, so it should be here Tuesday. The trip will be planned and tickets will be purchased as soon as the money appears in the account.

What's left after that is mostly the affidavit for Lucas' care. She wants to do it through the court, but the lawyer said that it will cost even more and isn't really necessary. I've already shipped almost all of my stuff up to SC... just got a box of books and one more standard post package to send and that's the end of it.

Thanks again to all those who made this happen. I really appreciate it. :D We're definitely gonna do some obey get-togethers. :D

SuperPlay

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »
Great to hear,  it sounds like your luck is changing for the better :-)

tggodfrey

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:34 AM »
Good To hear Rov.  I hope things keep moving in a positive direction for you.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

nodtveidt

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
The bank transfer went through on schedule, but it took a couple of days to finish putting all the ducks in a row. All taken care of now though. We officially leave September 12th. We leave Aguadilla at 3:16 in the afternoon and land in Ft Lauderdale at 5:46PM, then take off from there at 8:10PM to arrive in Myrtle Beach at 9:51PM.

esteban

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

The bank transfer went through on schedule, but it took a couple of days to finish putting all the ducks in a row. All taken care of now though. We officially leave September 12th. We leave Aguadilla at 3:16 in the afternoon and land in Ft Lauderdale at 5:46PM, then take off from there at 8:10PM to arrive in Myrtle Beach at 9:51PM.

Congrats! 

STAGE ONE CLEARED. 88% HIT RATE.

|    |