Author Topic: PVM Raffle WINNER  (Read 1499 times)

Tatsujin

Re: PVM Raffle
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 10:32:09 PM »
I think what he ment to say is that he never used an actual monitor for gaming, except any kind of normal CRT TV sets.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

NightWolve

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:46 PM »
Yeah, I understood that, but I'm wondering how many knew, let alone realize such a mod could be done. See, a monitor is basically a TV without a tuner built-in and has more types of inputs (RGB). Your CRT TV has a video module with a tuner and input support for Composite, S-Video, YPbPr, RF, but no RGB. The video module either produces a video signal when it's in tuner mode or processes it from the external inputs and then produces a SRGB signal that it sends to the "guns" of the tube. If you tap those SRGB lines and have a switch to reroute them to custom jacks to input raw, 75 Ohm ready SRGB signals from a console system, you'll get all the benefits of the best analog video signal transfer. The nice CRT TV that you still have right now could be modded for SRGB input in theory, but alas, you need thesteve's brain for such an endeavour. ;)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »
How much does this thing weigh?

Sign me up!  I've never used a monitor before and I hear it is a life changing experience!

I am unsure of the weight, but it feels heavy...I was guessing 25-35 lbs., but since I didn't even origianly guess the right size of the screen (originaly I was thinking 15 inchs) which is 20 inches, I may be WAY off on weight.

I am guessing someone else here might be better judge of weight lol.....maybe it is closer to the 50 lbs mark?

I have added pictures of the monitor so maybe that will help.

red plush dog, and TG-16 not part of raffle lol..

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »
Based on interweb searchings by model number, it's 66 lbs 2 ozs.  That's about $80 through USPS.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HailingTheThings

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
Based on interweb searchings by model number, it's 66 lbs 2 ozs.  That's about $80 through USPS.

That's still not that bad.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »

WOW......might sound sad but I am surprised I was able to carry two of these in a over sized carboard box (one of which in a heavy duty plastic pellican box) and not drop them until the halfway mark.....that was WAY more weight then I thought I was lifting at the time.........still wish my girly muscles didn't give out lol...

66 lbs 2 ozs. sounds like a fact to me......

excluding anyone who may live in Canadia land or such..(I don't mind shipping so long as you don't paying for the shipping).....

NightWolve

Re: PVM Raffle NOW W/PICTURES PAGE 1
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
66 pounds ? That's basically about the weight of a cement bag, unless you go for the next size up of 80 lbs. I should've stuck with 60 lbs. bags last time I did some concrete walkway replacing. Hurt myself dragging those 80 pounders around, but you save money going with those instead. I needed like 24 bags so it took a toll. Anyway, I don't blame ya giving out and dropping it.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 07:37:57 PM »
No! Don't drop it! Bad NightWolve, bad!  ;)

Yeah too bad it's not small enough to fit in a flat rate box otherwise shipping might be cheaper. Still $80 or is expected.

toktogul

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »
add me to the list please! about to move back to canada and i have no tv hahah

TR0N

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »

It is a Sony Trinitron, PVM-20M2MDU

Included now are pictures.  Apart from the crack on the bottom right corner it is all good.  Does not affect function picture or anything.

The crack happened while was carrying this and its doupalganer from the front office to my apartment ...my frilly arms got Tired halfway back and I dropped the box.....and the crack happened...

Doesn't look to bad at least and you stated the picture is good still.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 03:26:25 AM »
I should probably post pictures of game play just for fun.

*I never knew of PVM monitors until a few years back when I initally joined the Neo Geo Forums.....

I didn't think at the time the video quality would be any diffrent then a CRT TV, so I walked in with low expectations......Sure I saw Video's regarding them on Youtube, but it never looked much diffrent if at all...

BUT

Then I picked up my two (soon to be one) PVM monitors and I was surprised at the diffrence....

Sure it was anoying that I had to buy speakers for it (Goodwill Boss Speakers $12) and then the component addapters for my RGB connectors (Radioshack) but man is it fun to play games on this...

The larger CRT TV I got for free.....

once again at my apartment complex next to the dumpster....had a sign on it that said "free working" so I grabed it.......Not sure if the VHS player works as I have no VHS tapes on hand, but I do know the DVD player does not work...sadly....

Medic_wheat

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:15 AM »
add me to the list please! about to move back to canada and i have no tv hahah

Added

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
why are people participating.   I already won.   
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

esteban

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
Crap. Throw my name into the Hatris.
  |    | 

GohanX

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
Oh wow! Enter me, please!