Author Topic: Nintendo Power Magazine  (Read 1088 times)

vestcoat

Re: Nintendo Power Magazine
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:55 AM »
I canceled my Nintendo Power subscription because they were devoting too much space to that newfangled "Super Nintendo" and "Game Boy" crap.  Srsly

Medic_wheat

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »

Volumes missing still:

2-3, 5-12, 24, 30, 32, 39-40, 44-45, 47-49, 54, 59, 67, 69-71, 73, 76-79, 82-84, 86-90, 93-94, 97-100.

The gaps are not to bad.  Finding many of those issues will not be hard..but finding lots with them will be....so buying them individually might be a little anoying and in the end cost a little more.

The good thing with issue 2 is you can still find it for $10.......I say that as I just won an action for that vary issue (in minty condition) for $10 last week.  I was the only bider so yeah...

Issue 100 is easy to find (ugly cover) going $20 dollars average (unless you can find a good lot with extra issues)....

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »
I am very causally going for a full set of NP.

I bought a whole decade of NP 1989-1999 off cragislist from a person 10 mins from my house lol.  Man that deal took awhile to go down.  It finally came down to my offer and a reseller who offered more.   I won because I didn't want a full detailed condition listed for EVERY issue and the guy didn't drive or something so he wanted her to load them up, drive them to him to look at them and then make his decision.  She finally got pissed and let me take them as I brought around my truck with my own boxes and loaded them up and hauled them away myself. 

What a day that was I was so happy.  I grew up with a NP subscription so I was happy to reread all of the old issues.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:01 AM »
I am very causally going for a full set of NP.

I bought a whole decade of NP 1989-1999 off cragislist from a person 10 mins from my house lol.  Man that deal took awhile to go down.  It finally came down to my offer and a reseller who offered more.   I won because I didn't want a full detailed condition listed for EVERY issue and the guy didn't drive or something so he wanted her to load them up, drive them to him to look at them and then make his decision.  She finally got pissed and let me take them as I brought around my truck with my own boxes and loaded them up and hauled them away myself. 

What a day that was I was so happy.  I grew up with a NP subscription so I was happy to reread all of the old issues.

That sounds great I to have enjoyed reading through these old magazines. Most I had never read or seen but many of the games I grew up playing.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
Currently out of town and was at a flea market today. Found a guy with lots of NPMs for a buck a magazine. Unfortunately the atm was down and I had next to no cash on hand.  Hoping to stop by Sunday before heading home to try and get $40 bucks worth.

Keeping fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:07:54 PM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
So I was back at he flea market annnndddd they guy sold nearly his entire NP stock pill but the left overs.....the guy sold me the left over 17 issues for $10....  Of the 17 only 4 are doubles....kind of kicking myself for not snatching up the lot when I was first there the day before...they guy litterly had over 80 issues mostly from the N64 all the way to the Wii era...with a few below the 100s...he probably had even more as that Saturday he said he started with fives boxes full of them and when I saw him he was down to two boxes of NP magazines...

I was able to pick up the following issues:

53, 84, 92, 99, 102, 105, 153, 156, 159, 164, 185, 188, 189

Doubles:

43, 44, 47, 48

Ones I saw while there

The N64 Doom cover, Star Troppics, many issued between 23-67

A huge chunk from the Wii GameCube and N64 era....

Man...it was really cool ....good to know that finding these in the wild is still a thing and for prices that are good on our wallets that we are looking for...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:05:14 PM by Medic_wheat »

bob

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
^^ does the mickey issue have the starfox plane still in there?  Cardboard punch-out and assemble.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
^^ does the mickey issue have the starfox plane still in there?  Cardboard punch-out and assemble.

Yes yes it does but let me show off the over all condition for fun

Apart from most of the stickers for controllers it is in minty condition for $.50

I'll need to compair it to my other copy to make sure which is better....all I know for sure is the cover to this one is nicer..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:39:46 PM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
Current collection minus the recent pick ups....I count another 6 magazine holders will contain the current mess...

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:18:29 PM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
Just found out I can make a gift on photobucket with my phone...first attempt....

Here is the other magazine I have...looks like this one is better actually...the cover isn't as glossy and has lines running down it but the interior is aces.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:13:27 PM by Medic_wheat »

bob

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:59 AM »
Just found out I can make a gift on photobucket with my phone...first attempt....

Here is the other magazine I have...looks like this one is better actually...the cover isn't as glossy and has lines running down it but the interior is aces.

Theres 15 minutes you will never get back.   :lol:

Medic_wheat

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 12:54:39 AM »
Theres 15 minutes you will never get back.   :lol:
[/quote]

ha! Jokes on you it took me 30!

Wait what? 

Bardoly

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 03:41:29 AM »
If the below is still available, I'm probably going to try to pick it up, since it's only about 15 miles away from me.

140 ISSUES NINTENDO POWER MAGAZINE

*Edit:  I'm planning to pick up the above lot tomorrow for $60.  :)

Also, even though I'm not big on the newer Nintendo stuff, I had wanted the final issue of Nintendo Power (#285 - last year November).  I had ordered it last year, but they ran out of issues and refunded my money.  Anyway, I hadn't been really looking for a copy for a while because they were all running about $35-70.  :(  Well, I did a search and came across this listing, and decided to snap it up.  :)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:29 AM »
If the below is still available, I'm probably going to try to pick it up, since it's only about 15 miles away from me.

140 ISSUES NINTENDO POWER MAGAZINE

*Edit:  I'm planning to pick up the above lot tomorrow for $60.  :)

Also, even though I'm not big on the newer Nintendo stuff, I had wanted the final issue of Nintendo Power (#285 - last year November).  I had ordered it last year, but they ran out of issues and refunded my money.  Anyway, I hadn't been really looking for a copy for a while because they were all running about $35-70.  :(  Well, I did a search and came across this listing, and decided to snap it up.  :)

Nice ebay pick up. And if I am not mistaken those are the variant subscriber covers.  I think that the last year of nintendo power they had a retail cover and a subcriber cover. Someone might want to fact check this though. As it may have been more then just the final year they did variant covers

toymachine78

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »
I have a bunch of old magazines I'm willing to part with.  The problem is, they are super expensive to ship due to size/weight.  Ten mags cost about $13 just to ship in one of the "medium" priority flat rate boxes.  And that's the cheapest since they can't go media.

Why can't they go media?