Author Topic: State of Israel to invade Gaza  (Read 618 times)

Punch

State of Israel to invade Gaza
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
So what are your thoughts? They're invading Gaza to put an end to the "terror tunnels" that the Hamas use to transport men to Israel.

I'm confused by the negative response to Israel on news sites and forums, I mean they're a tiny state and Hamas' statute explicitly mentions the destruction of Israel so why are they so evil? Then again it is the internet and the antisemitism shouldn't be too surprising?

ccovell

Re: State of Israel to invade Gaza
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »
I am by no means an expert, but of course it boils down to Arabs and Israelis both staking claims over the same areas of land for centuries.  That remained the way it was until 1967, when Israel did a land grab (and I guess spoils of war are legitimate, but...) still Israel hasn't budged since then but instead taken a strategy of creeping land grabs.

This in itself I cannot say if it is right or wrong since the intial encroachment happened against other states' armies (Egypt, Syria...) but Israel has continued to attack civilians and stateless people too, which is unacceptable in my eyes.

toymachine78

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »
I really am playing gunboat...

May I remind you.... You'll never get that time back! :P

Punch

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
Haha you're still in the vietnam campaigns, noob.

Tatsujin

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
gunboat is one bad mofo game. better off playing failcon.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
I don't know enough about the current situation to make a real post, but from what I've read the US spends something like 3 billion a year on Israel. The Palestinians are a tiny group compared to Israel, but they both want to wipe each other out. I wish we weren't supporting either party because this feud has been going on longer than we've been a country. Who are we to decide who's right?

synbiosfan

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
Who are we to decide who's right?

It's because of America's Christian influenced politics, not to make it a religion bashing derail, but it is a factor.

I know little of this particular incident to comment.

nodtveidt

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
Meh... this is the same old shit that's been going on for years now. I'm no fan of Israel in the first place. "But that makes you a JEW HATER! You anti-Semite!" No, it doesn't. Just because I don't support a puppet state that was created for the sole purpose of fulfilling a Biblical prophecy doesn't mean I hate Jews, it means I don't support religiously-fueled puppet states... especially when they then go to war over which faction was granted sovereignty over the land by their "peaceful God". It's not the Israeli people's fault that their government is full of wackynoodles.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »

gunboat is one bad mofo game. better off playing failcon.

You are crazy. One thing that Palestinians and Israelis agree upon is that Gunboat is better than Falcon.

Of course, they view the game quite differently: Israelis who play Gunboat think that Vietnam can be "pacified" with institutionalized colonization, oppression and routine military violence (just as the French and Americans did). Palestinians who play Gunboat immediately recognize that the entire premise of the "game" is flawed. Surviving Beastie Boys know that there is no sleep 'till Brooklyn.

|    | 

Punch

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »
Meh... this is the same old shit that's been going on for years now. I'm no fan of Israel in the first place. "But that makes you a JEW HATER! You anti-Semite!" No, it doesn't. Just because I don't support a puppet state that was created for the sole purpose of fulfilling a Biblical prophecy doesn't mean I hate Jews, it means I don't support religiously-fueled puppet states... especially when they then go to war over which faction was granted sovereignty over the land by their "peaceful God". It's not the Israeli people's fault that their government is full of wackynoodles.

I understand your point but they're in there way longer than 1947... the creation of the state of Israel was just the independence from the British which established itself in 1920 after the defeat of the Ottoman empire. Not to mention that modern Israel had once double the size as their territory but they gave them to the adjacent countries to try and establish peace between them. At least it worked with Egypt?

By the way don't forget that all the neighbors are also "religion fueled countries". If Israel was invaded you  could bet your ass it would become a modern-day example of genocide. They're not f*cking around when they say that they want the destruction of Israel. Hell the Protocols book is very popular in a ceirtain country...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 02:28:37 AM »
Chris nailed it, though international law does not allow taking land by force.

f*ck the Israelis and the Palestinians - neither side is willing to live within their boundaries or leave the other alone.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 08:34:47 AM »
I suggest an emergency air drop of obey into both areas.  They would end up obeying so much and having fun that they would  all stop fighting and just have a good time.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 08:45:02 AM »
Makes you wonder if the nazis had won WW2 if they still would be killing each other.

vestcoat

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »
There will never be peace because Israel will always want more land and Israel and the U.S. will continue to pretend that Palestine isn't a country. Both sides are guilty of terrible atrocities, but Palestine is the one with their backs against a wall and they're hopelessly outgunned.

Punch

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
I'm glad I opened this thread. It appears I'm the one with different opinion. I'll definitely check out some stuff mentioned.