Author Topic: Netflix originals.  (Read 712 times)

bob

Netflix originals.
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
Is anybody watching any of the original Netflix IP?

I watched both seasons of Orange is the New Black in about 4 days total. Loved it. (No spoilers).

I am on episode 5 of Killer. And i might watch the first season of Hemlock Grove.
I have not seen House of Cards.

Medic_wheat

Re: Netflix originals.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
Is anybody watching any of the original Netflix IP?

I watched both seasons of Orange is the New Black in about 4 days total. Loved it. (No spoilers).

I am on episode 5 of Killer. And i might watch the first season of Hemlock Grove.
I have not seen House of Cards.

Sad to say the third season if orange is the new black was canceled.......apparently the CEO thought the male roles needed more screen time and that the female cast were bad role models for portraying prison life like a Martha Stewart OZ

jtucci31

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
I saw that article about Orange is the New Black being cancelled. I actually thought it was a joke because it just seemed like one of those onion type articles. That sucks because i liked that show.

I have heard good things about House of Cards and really want to start that soon. I do like me some Kevin Spacey.

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
I watched a portion of the Netflix only Arrested Development season, and it wasn't nearly as good as the first two seasons which were on TV.

All of the shows you mentioned everyone loves though, maybe I'll crack and watch them someday.

...though Hulu currently has me won over with the Criterion movies instead.

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
House of Cards is good, silly fun. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are fantastic in it, but the show is sorta ridiculous.

I loved the fourth season of Arrested Development. I thought the way they handled it was pretty incredible. Check out this article to find how many crazy hidden jokes are in that season:
http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/arrested-development-hidden-jokes-episode-15.html

Derek is also a really good watch, though it's not so much a true "Netflix Original".

Haven't watched OitNB yet, but no, it hasn't been canceled:
http://time.com/2979889/orange-is-the-new-black-cancelled-hoax/

Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

I watched a portion of the Netflix only Arrested Development season, and it wasn't nearly as good as the first two seasons which were on TV.

All of the shows you mentioned everyone loves though, maybe I'll crack and watch them someday.

...though Hulu currently has me won over with the Criterion movies instead.

That final season of Arrested Development was unbearable. Do it right or just don't do it, Hollywood. I want actors sharing a scene to actually be co-present during filming. Simple enough.

Back on topic: I watched a few episodes of Orange...it didn't hold my attention. I'm currently reading the original Nancy Drew series with my daughter...so that should tell you where my mind is. If a show can't compete with Nancy Drew...well, it is simply not worthy of my time.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
Arrested Development was the only one I cared about.  Now hurry that shit out on DVD, dammit!  I wanna watch it again!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bklyn4ever

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »
I thought Orange is the New Black was primarily a chick show. My wife swares by it and has been trying to get me to watch it. I guess since so many of you have good things to say about it I will have to check it out.

Bklyn4ever

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:48 AM »
I thought Orange is the New Black was primarily a chick show. My wife swares by it and has been trying to get me to watch it. I guess since so many of you have good things to say about it I will have to check it out.

There are boobs and lulz... pretty well done show. Took a few episodes before I started to care for it.  Might not have given it a fair chance if my girlfriend at the time hadn't been watching it.

I watched 1 maybe 2 episodes, then I stopped watching it. I guess I should have given it more time.

elderbroom

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
I use to watch That 70's Show, and always knew I wanted to see Laura Prepon's boobs.  Then I realized I want to see most any young, curvy and cute chicks boobs. But that got me to give Orange Is the New Black a chance. After 3-4 episodes I was hooked. Watched the first season, episode by episode. Then when they released Season 2 .. I power watched it in a single weekend.

Appears the cancellation is indeed a hoax. Some people have nothing better to do with their time.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/14/orange-is-the-new-black-cancellation-hoax-outrages-fans

Friends keep telling me to check out House of Cards, saying it's great. It's on my list of shows to watch, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I can blame the Turbo Everdrive I picked up for that  :D

As for Arrested Development .. I was disappointed when it was cancelled. But then realized after watching the recently releases seasons that I was disappointed more with those. For me, I stopped watching after a handful of episodes and will just leave it as-is in my memory.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:07:03 PM by elderbroom »
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

roflmao

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:14 PM »
I didn't know Laura Prepon was in Orange is the new Black.  Now I'm intrigued. :P

jtucci31

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 04:07:42 AM »

I use to watch That 70's Show, and always knew I wanted to see Laura Prepon's boobs.  Then I realized I want to see most any young, curvy and cute chicks boobs. But that got me to give Orange Is the New Black a chance. After 3-4 episodes I was hooked. Watched the first season, episode by episode. Then when they released Season 2 .. I power watched it in a single weekend.

Appears the cancellation is indeed a hoax. Some people have nothing better to do with their time.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/14/orange-is-the-new-black-cancellation-hoax-outrages-fans

I knew it was fake. That just seemed a little too outrageous.

But is there a Laura Prepon boob shot? I don't remember. I'll have to go back and rewatch that now.

jtucci31

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 04:15:21 AM »

I knew it was fake. That just seemed a little too outrageous.

But is there a Laura Prepon boob shot? I don't remember. I'll have to go back and rewatch that now.

Pilot Episode - Shower Scene - Win

She is in the first episode? I thought her character came in a little later on.

elderbroom

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »
NSFW, yet something to check out.  Lists the scene I am referencing and some others that you might want to look at (you know .. for science)

http://whatculture.com/film/13-nude-scenes-might-missed-2013.php/2
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

jtucci31

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 10:37:28 AM »
Pretty sure it was the pilot.  It was a flashback explaining the lybian relationship between Piper and Topheavy that ultimately led to Piper's incarceration.

Checked back, it's in the first 10 seconds of the first episode.  :mrgreen: