Author Topic: Netflix originals.  (Read 710 times)

elderbroom

Re: Netflix originals.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
They are as nice as I imagined them .. of course in my That 70's Show fantasy .. well, you know.  Mila Kunis also   :mrgreen:   I know Mila's are small, but she's fine !
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

HailingTheThings

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
Oh, you guys.  :D

johnnymad

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Only Netflix original I ever watched was Orange is the New Black. Watched both seasons in less than a week. Didn't know they canceled season three until I started reading this thread. That sucks.

Edit: read cancellation was a hoax. Whew.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:23:25 PM by johnnymad »

seieienbu

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
I thought House of Cards was great. 

Arrested Development season 4 I didn't like as much.  I loved the first three seasons and was cautiously optimistic that the 4th season would retain the same magic; in the end it didn't give me the same feeling as the original. I wasn't really enjoying  it until about half-way through where I thought it kinda picked up.  I may go back and watch it again at some point to see if my opinion changes.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
I really enjoy Hemlock Grove.  I haven't watched any of the others however...

jeffhlewis

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »
Orange is the new Black is indeed a good show. Watched both seasons with the lady right as they came out.

If you like bewbs, you'll like the show. It's pretty well written - way better than Weeds (same show creator worked on both).

Still not Breaking Bad, but nothing else is.

bob

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
I've been watching "the Killing".  If you like law and order svu, it's right up your alley.
A bit slow at times, but I'm enjoying it.  Hemlock is up next.

elderbroom

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
Wondering how many of you use network trickery to get international Netflix content.  I am located in Canada .. and Canadian Netlfix is missing some content that is available in the US.  I use unblock-us.com in order to move my DNS and allow me to access US and many other regions. Also lets me use NHL Game Center and bypass all the regional blackout crap.  What content have people found in other regions of Netflix that is interesting.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

elderbroom

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »
Never had the inclination to region surf... is it worth it? What have you found?

For me the reason I paid for the DNS service was motivated by NHL Hockey.  I wanted one service that would allow me to watch all my Flyers games.  Given I live near Toronto, I get only Leafs, Habs, Sens games on the local sports channels.  So bought NHL Game Center, but was experiencing blackouts for my region based on those other teams. So this service has allowed me to bypass all these damn blackouts.

As for Netflix,  the Canadian version at the time had a lot less content.  So allowing us access to US Netflix was very useful, especially for kids content (for my 7 year old).  I have yet to really look at other regions besides Canada and US.  So was curious if others found interesting shows in other regions.  Suspect England/UK might have something worthwhile.  But honestly have not checked yet.
-----------------------
Elderbroom

wildfruit

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
Never had the inclination to region surf... is it worth it? What have you found?

For me the reason I paid for the DNS service was motivated by NHL Hockey.  I wanted one service that would allow me to watch all my Flyers games.  Given I live near Toronto, I get only Leafs, Habs, Sens games on the local sports channels.  So bought NHL Game Center, but was experiencing blackouts for my region based on those other teams. So this service has allowed me to bypass all these damn blackouts.

As for Netflix,  the Canadian version at the time had a lot less content.  So allowing us access to US Netflix was very useful, especially for kids content (for my 7 year old).  I have yet to really look at other regions besides Canada and US.  So was curious if others found interesting shows in other regions.  Suspect England/UK might have something worthwhile.  But honestly have not checked yet.
Off the top of my head I cant think of anything unique to uk Netflix. I use a vpn to access US content.
Edit: There actually is different content now I have checked. Few Disney films and a quiz show I really like called QI
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:48:32 AM by wildfruit »