Author Topic: What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?  (Read 1028 times)

johnnymad

What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?
« on: July 25, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
I'm intrigued a little more every time they release a little more material in trailers but I'm still not sure what I think about it. I've been ok with every "new" version of the turtles since the original cartoons. I think the current version on Nickelodeon is pretty good but this - I don't know. I think they look hideous and why are they freakishly tall? I remember their heights from the original arcade game and weren't they all around 5 foot 5?

ParanoiaDragon

Re: What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »
Yeah, it's as if they are Teenage Mutant Mutant Ninja Turtles!  They're freakish looking.  Basically, they all look like Slash looks, big, bulky & extra mutatey!  I think it looks like garbage, which isn't surprising seeing as how it's Michael Bay, with Megan Fox as April O'Neil. 

NightWolve

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »

LOL! I dunno, I think that's the first lulz I ever got from a post by PD. ;) Anyway, I don't quite share that sentiment in that meme, but I understand it. I loved the first Transformers myself, I just thought they'd get weaker and weaker with every sequel is all. There is a certain popularity in bashing Bay that has taken hold over the years for whatever reasons I noticed. I typically like his movies (e.g. The Rock, The Hitcher, The Island, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon ), but yeah, each to his own at the end of the day.

psychobear

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 05:44:32 PM »
TMNT has been dead and ran over a few times already since Nickelodeon purchase the rights. Growing up I was a huge TMNT fan, and seeing that this movie is aimed at a much younger audience I don't really care much for it, but my 7 year old is looking forward to it. I remember when the original TMNT movies came out and those weren't so good also, maybe the first one. 

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »
It's going to be horrible... I think.  I personally am holding out hope that it'll be an interesting romp, but I have no faith in anything Michael Bay touches.  I'm not a fan of anything he's worked on (Directed/produced) outside of Armageddon and The Rock.  Silly movies with horrible plot holes and lots of explosions. Sometimes it's good, but for Bay, it's been pretty bad for a long time.

I will see it, but expectations are incredibly low. 

PS: I loved the original 1989 film, disappointed with The Secret of the Ooze, laughed at some good parts in TMNT 3 and even enjoyed some parts of the 2007 movie. 

TR0N

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
Sicken after id watched the trailer and i use to read the tmnt comic to.Still,this was produced by bay and his movies are all ways eye candy and no subsistence to them.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

elderbroom

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 05:00:16 AM »
I very much want to see re-imagined what is in my head as nostalgic, and true to the original.  I recall being pissed off that Transformers art direction wasn't true to the Gen1 look and feel. But in the end .. while not the movie I hoped they'd make .. I mostly enjoyed them. We recently saw Transformers Age of Extinction at the drive-in. I had lowered my expectations so much .. but in the end mostly enjoyed it. I will certainly see the new TMNT movie, but feel the same way about it. I certainly question some of Michael Bay's decisions .. but like that he does try to make thinks somewhat darker.  I wish someone would pull the Avatar : Last Airbender license away from Nick as it needs a dark, true to the story reboot. I was so very disappointed with that movie. But I digress
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

TheClash603

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 06:15:36 AM »
I will see this.  I probably won't like it, just because I absolutely hate how the turtles look.  However, Meagan Fox is smokin' hot and I've always liked her, so I am okay with that casting.

As someone that doesn't give a shit about Transformers, I don't have a similar Michael Bay experience the rest of you do.  This will be the first time something from my childhood is being touched by this guy.

Now where is there He-Man reboot that's been talked about for a decade?

johnnymad

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 06:17:50 AM »
Seems like most of us have similar opinions about it. I may just hope to find a copy of it in a thrift store like I did for the 2007 version. Don't think I want to spend money on it in a theater.

turbokon

What do you guys think about the upcoming TMNT movie?
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:35 AM »
I love the rock and the first bad boys movie.  I think Micheal Bay can put out good movies.  Things goes wrong when he tries  to go over the top.  The first transformers was the best for me.  I'm actually excited about the new ninja turtles movie.  The looks of the new turtles are starting to grow on me and from what I've seen on the trailers,  the turtles can do some cool ass kicks and Megan fox is hot:)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:51:46 AM by turbokon »
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:01 AM »
I liked the original Ninja Turtles TV series and the first movie a lot. After that, they went downhill in my opinion.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

turbokon

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 10:12:22 AM »

I find myself strangely aroused by the new look of the turtles.

Lol, you are a strange one my friend:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

HailingTheThings

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
I find myself strangely aroused by the new look of the turtles.

Would.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
I didn't have any problem with Bay, until the 1st TF movie.  Then the 2nd, & the 3rd!  Ultimately, I feel like the 1st TF movie was okay, but I thought the 2nd one was terrible & the 3 was boring, as was the 4th.  For the 4th, I was able to stomach the humans more then in the 1st 3 movies, but yeah, Bay's iron thumb of injustice on the TF side of things, has made me roll my eyes at any childhood tv show movies he does.  Otherwise, I've enjoyed other movies of his.

KingDrool

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »
The Nickelodeon show is great. I watch it with my kids every week and they're doing a great job. Also, the IDW comic series is really good.

But these hideous Turtles that Michael Bay is forcing upon the world? f*ck 'em. If the shit-pile that is the Transformer movies is any indication of the quality of this movie, I'm out.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!